• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some away game times are set

George Ferguson

Griz will play at Northern Iowa at 4 p.m. C.S.T. on Sept. 10 and the Cal Poly game the following week is set for a 12 p.m. P.S.T. kickoff. That's really unusual for Cal Poly. They usually play all their home games at night, and I don't think the Griz have ever played a day game in San Luis Obispo before.

I also recently checked in on some home game game times, which haven't been announced as of yet. I am hearing the plan is still for the opener to be the night game this year. Hearing the Mississippi Valley game may be a late afternoon start, and have been told the Brawl could be the same as it was two years ago, a 4 p.m. kickoff, though that's up to Root in the end.

havgrizfan said:
Griz will play at Northern Iowa at 4 p.m. C.S.T. on Sept. 10 and the Cal Poly game the following week is set for a 12 p.m. P.S.T. kickoff. That's really unusual for Cal Poly. They usually play all their home games at night, and I don't think the Griz have ever played a day game in San Luis Obispo before.

I also recently checked in on some home game game times, which haven't been announced as of yet. I am hearing the plan is still for the opener to be the night game this year. Hearing the Mississippi Valley game may be a late afternoon start, and have been told the Brawl could be the same as it was two years ago, a 4 p.m. kickoff, though that's up to Root in the end.

And it shouldn't be any other way. The 4 p.m. kickoff for the brawl in Missoula two years ago was perfect, and I hope that it will be a 4 p.m. kickoff this year too. Bozeman can keep their Brawl noon kickoffs. :thumb:

The 1999 Griz win at SLO was a day game.
Your point about SLO day games being rare is an accurate statement.
A key play in the Griz win was when DB Jeff Shoate drilled a CP receiver with a (legal) savage hit and the football popped out and Huntsberger ran it back about 40-yards for a UM touchdown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Montana_Grizzlies_football_team

havgrizfan said:

Latest posts

Back