• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ROOT Streaming games this year?

DONOR
Does anyone know if Root is going to be streaming games this year? Heard last year that they were visiting about it. I haven't seen anything about it for a while. TIA

1972 said:
Does anyone know if Root is going to be streaming games this year? Heard last year that they were visiting about it. I haven't seen anything about it for a while. TIA

Don't count on it, but I do recall that the new commish outlined she would be looking into upgrading accessibility of all types when she took over for foolerton. If root believed it could successfully "dollarize$" provision, can't believe they wouldn't do it. They'll get it going @ some point, Haslam & Stiit and the remainder of the coaches would be thrilled to have it for the exposure to their programs alone. So you know every AD/coach in every conference wants it ASAP.

ESPN3 by me is nothing short of spectacular. Living in IL, I get to see most of the MVC games & replays on-demand. Sorry to hear it sucks over there. May be one of the reasons Root is also moving slow - service being bad and limited doesn't give the conference any leverage in threatening to take business elsewhere.

Won't happen. The primary reason Root carries BSC football is to make it more likely that the small cable companies in Montana and Idaho carry their channel, so that more homes have access to their primary money maker: The Mariners. Streaming those games would nullify the entire reason they carry our games.

In my area of Texas I can't access any Root streaming. The days the Griz play on Root I can only read about it the next day.

SoCal Surfer said:
In my area of Texas I can't access any Root streaming. The days the Griz play on Root I can only read about it the next day.

Root doesn't stream video, doesn't matter where you live. If you have Directv or Dish you can buy the sports package for between 10 & 20 bucks a month and get the games. Also, with Directv the Audience channel was carrying the Root broadcasts for free I think. (Although I live in Root NW area, so it may be blacked out other area's)

Root games are available wherever you live, unless that happens to be Mars.

They won't stream their games. Either buy the sports package or find a half way reputable sports bar and you can watch the Griz in sparkling HD.

EverettGriz said:

They won't stream their games. Either buy the sports package or find a half way reputable sports bar and you can watch the Griz in sparkling HD.

Or Canada, which might as well be Mars when it comes to Griz games

I misspoke. I never had the capability to stream Root. I won't buy Direct TV or any other cable service for a yearly subscribtion. I don't watch TV. I will gladly pay for a pay per view stream from any source when there is a Griz game.

SoCal Surfer said:
I misspoke. I never had the capability to stream Root. I won't buy Direct TV or any other cable service for a yearly subscribtion. I don't watch TV. I will gladly pay for a pay per view stream from any source when there is a Griz game.

100% Agree Don't understand why they don't want to do this if they charge for the service. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

1972 said:
SoCal Surfer said:

100% Agree Don't understand why they don't want to do this if they charge for the service. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

See my post above. It isn't about revenue to Root. It would be inconsequential. They're not carrying BSC games because of the revenue they bring in. They broadcast the BSC games because they want smaller cable companies in remote areas to continue to carry their station. Streaming the games, even for a fee, would defeat the entire reason they are carrying the games.

SaskGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Looks like a drive to Opheim is in order

In lieu of not being able to watch in real time, how about paying someone to drop games on Ytube? Whenever I want, I can see the beloved beat UNDSU.

The_Real_Chief said:
SaskGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Looks like a drive to Opheim is in order

Cassidy's in Plentywood, just a shade closer.

Back