• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BIG SKY MEDIA MEETINGS--Brady

griz71

Clip of BG one on one interview: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Montana-Griz-Football/124248631012510

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Popes75/status/755450653476913152[/tweet]

step-brothers-sony-640x480.jpg

Brady talks about being so much more "comfortable" with Stitt's offense this season. Ironically, he seemed to be most comfortable with it in his first start against NDSU, and then it went down hill after that. Maybe he should have reverse comfort, cause it hopefully won't continue going down hill this season.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Brady talks about being so much more "comfortable" with Stitt's offense this season. Ironically, he seemed to be most comfortable with it in his first start against NDSU, and then it went down hill after that.
I mentioned this last Fall, that each of our starting QB's would have a great "first" game, and then their performances in specific categories would deteriorate in subsequent games, as though Stitt was trying to get them to employ modified strategies ... from the ones that worked well for the respective QBs. Thought the consistency was just ... odd.

UMGriz75 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Brady talks about being so much more "comfortable" with Stitt's offense this season. Ironically, he seemed to be most comfortable with it in his first start against NDSU, and then it went down hill after that.
I mentioned this last Fall, that each of our starting QB's would have a great "first" game, and then their performances in specific categories would deteriorate in subsequent games, as though Stitt was trying to get them to employ modified strategies ... from the ones that worked well for the respective QBs. Thought the consistency was just ... odd.

Fortunately, Stitt, coaches, teammates, and most GRIZ fans have more confidence and support Gustafson than growler. UM75, you are right. It was so frustrating to see a great game by our qbs, followed by let downs. I have a feeling, a lot of that was the lack of experience, and adjusting to different plays for each qb.

Based on what I saw and heard from spring camp, QB play should be improved and much more consistent this season. Gustafson, Chalich, and Phillips all looked great this spring. Phillips needs to take better care of the ball, which should come with reps and knowing his personnel. Chalich looked a lot better than last season. We really did not get to see much of Brady, being Stitt wanted to get the back up QB's more reps this spring.

I have a feeling, once the Wr's get in sync with the QB's, QB play will be terrific this season. I know the team is high on the qb's going into the season. :thumb:

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Brady talks about being so much more "comfortable" with Stitt's offense this season. Ironically, he seemed to be most comfortable with it in his first start against NDSU, and then it went down hill after that. Maybe he should have reverse comfort, cause it hopefully won't continue going down hill this season.

He was pretty comfortable when he returned too, the EWU, MSU, and half of the sdsu games went just fine.

If Brady can be consistent he could be a great. However the consistency so far has been horrific.

The two main reasons why Brady and the whole offense will be better in 2016 are the facts that Brady now will feel more comfortable to do his thing because of two big reasons (one said by himself and the other said by Sitt) 1) with experience, he can now just react confidently and not constantly have to think about every single little thing (block out the white noise), 2) and most importantly he won't be having the pocket so quickly collapsing on him with the previous two very lightweight 265 lb tackles and not having Weyer in the middle. Our whole OL will now be 300 or more across the board. That is a huge difference.

Mark my words, Gustafson and the offense will have a good year, barring injury.

BWahlberg said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

He was pretty comfortable when he returned too, the EWU, MSU, and half of the sdsu games went just fine.
Still hard to forget his last 6 quarters last year. Complete meltdown.

kemajic said:
BWahlberg said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Kem, it is refreshing to see a former Griz football player like yourself schooling these pedestrian fans. The unjustified hype surrounding Brady and Stitt gets old, when they have achieved nothing to justify that hype. I think most of these pin heads believe that if they keep telling themselves something, it will become reality! LOL

By the way, Phillips is by far the most talented QB on the team, and will be starting by mid-season, if not sooner. I realize that Stitt has sold Brady so hard publicly, that he will go with him too long, but he will not be able to keep playing him after his performances on Saturday.

Supporting your team, and being hopeful about the season is one thing. Being a complete and total moron in making ridiculous observations is another. One would think they were Bobcat fans! :lol:

The reality is that the 2016 season is a complete crap shoot, more than any season in memory. We have 9 new starters on defense, special teams who were a disaster last season, a starting QB who has no consistency, a head coach whose gaffs cost us two games, and a returning O-line who was the worst in modern UM history last season. How any Griz fan could be so high on this team is beyond reason.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
kemajic said:
BWahlberg said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Kem, it is refreshing to see a former Griz football player like yourself schooling these pedestrian fans. The unjustified hype surrounding Brady and Stitt gets old, when they have achieved nothing to justify that hype. I think most of these pin heads believe that if they keep telling themselves something, it will become reality! LOL

By the way, Phillips is by far the most talented QB on the team, and will be starting by mid-season, if not sooner. I realize that Stitt has sold Brady so hard publicly, that he will go with him too long, but he will not be able to keep playing him after his performances on Saturday.

Supporting your team, and being hopeful about the season is one thing. Being a complete and total moron in making ridiculous observations is another. One would think they were Bobcat fans! :lol:

The reality is that the 2016 season is a complete crap shoot, more than any season in memory. We have 9 new starters on defense, special teams who were a disaster last season, a starting QB who has no consistency, a head coach whose gaffs cost us two games, and a returning O-line who was the worst in modern UM history last season. How any Griz fan could be so high on this team is beyond reason.
I'm a bit more optimistic. We will look good at home; the schedule is weak. The road games could be a killer; the schedule is tough and we have yet to scare anyone on the road.

IntuitiveGriz said:
The two main reasons why Brady and the whole offense will be better in 2016 are the facts that Brady now will feel more comfortable to do his thing because of two big reasons (one said by himself and the other said by Sitt) 1) with experience, he can now just react confidently and not constantly have to think about every single little thing (block out the white noise), 2) and most importantly he won't be having the pocket so quickly collapsing on him with the previous two very lightweight 265 lb tackles and not having Weyer in the middle. Our whole OL will now be 300 or more across the board. That is a huge difference.

The question is, will he and the WR's jell?

UMcheer2000 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

The question is, will he and the WR's jell?

Hell, there's enough of them. One would think that he could find one or two to jell with! :question:

kemajic said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
kemajic said:
BWahlberg said:

I'm a bit more optimistic. We will look good at home; the schedule is weak. The road games could be a killer; the schedule is tough and we have yet to scare anyone on the road.

Yeah, the home schedule is weak for sure. But we used to dominate on the road too. No longer. And, if you can't win on the road in the cupcake Pig Sty Conference, how can you compete with the Top 10 teams in the country if you get to the playoffs?

Back