• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Construction Cameras

mygriz

Does anyone know if the athletic department plans on installing cameras for streaming installation of the new turf or construction of the Champions Center? Both would be fun to check in on as they progress.

mygriz said:
Does anyone know if the athletic department plans on installing cameras for streaming installation of the new turf or construction of the Champions Center? Both would be fun to check in on as they progress.

Wonderful idea, uncomfortable accountability for the contractor. They should set up regular updates and post them to GG. Building anticipation for the opening & showing perspective recruits good things ahead. But sadly, someone with some marketing sense would need to be present.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Here's a shot I got from The M from this past Sunday:

40k2ljme92v6wps46f48mmt0sidkrv2y

The image isn't showing up.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:

The champions center will go directly up to the fence along the pedestrian path correct?

The perfect design would make so there is no need for that fence and the open glass wall for weight room ect... as the "wall" and runs flush up against the pedestrian path inside WA Griz

Also they better start tearing that turf up...lol

So exciting...im sure some of you can rememebr a time when so many different upgrades were being added to Wa-Griz.....They added the majestic plaza my first year on campus.

bgbigdog said:
mygriz said:
Wonderful idea, uncomfortable accountability for the contractor. They should set up regular updates and post them to GG. Building anticipation for the opening & showing perspective recruits good things ahead. But sadly, someone with some marketing sense would need to be present.
The PR staff seems oddly sluggish about events of interest to the UM sport community. I think there are four people in that office, but surprisingly little output in terms of updates and useful information. Much stuff seems to have to come from coaches, players, or fans, posting pictures as on this thread. When they do "do something" it's usually pretty good, but it just seems like noteworthy stuff like "Construction has Begun" with some explanation as to delays and prospective schedule and completion date, but .... nothing.

Since I'm over there ever day, I had planned on posting pictures of progress every couple of days or so, and was glad to do so to a thread devoted to that purpose, but since "havgriz" decided to follow his troll instincts and intentionally screwed up that thread, just because he could, I've decided "why bother."

UMGriz75 said:
bgbigdog said:
mygriz said:
The PR staff seems oddly sluggish about events of interest to the UM sport community. I think there are four people in that office, but surprisingly little output in terms of updates and useful information. Much stuff seems to have to come from coaches, players, or fans, posting pictures as on this thread. When they do "do something" it's usually pretty good, but it just seems like noteworthy stuff like "Construction has Begun" with some explanation as to delays and prospective schedule and completion date, but .... nothing.

Pubic relations is everyone's job. Thankfully the information that is shared comes from someone connected to the program, coaches, players & administrative types like Haslam. Lacking a well thought through & cohesive effort in terms of getting the word out shouldn't be a surprise - witness the conversation around recruiting prospective students that went on here. There are a lot of channels for this to be distributed, many of them FOC, minus the effort to develop and deliver the message. But there has to be an effort to do so.

IdahoGrizFan said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

could you just set up there and take a picture about every hour or so..........

:lol: Unfortunately, due to my full time job, I cannot. Though if I were able, I'd be easily persuaded by beer and pizza. :cool:

Quit your damn job, MMF. The only things you buy with your income are beer and pizza anyhow, so really when you look at it, it's a win/win for you.

:thumb:

EverettGriz said:
Quit your damn job, MMF. The only things you buy with your income are beer and pizza anyhow, so really when you look at it, it's a win/win for you.

:thumb:
I know, I know, priorities! Alas, if only I could convince the company I pay my mortgage to just let me live in my newly bought house payment free!

IdahoGrizFan said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

could you just set up there and take a picture about every hour or so..........

You know that's not a bad idea, I think there's a guy on here who is pretty astute with all things A/V and is on a fitness kick at the moment...maybe he could haul his ass up that hill and set up a webcam?

How about it big boy?

MissoulaMarinerFan said:

call me crazy, but I don't think that track hoe has moved very much at all...Look's the same as it did on Sunday. This web stream must be real slow.

Back