• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Really good GF Tribune interview with Tucker Schye

BWahlberg

DONOR
Lots of great stuff;

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/sports/2016/07/23/sunday-conversation-tucker-schye-says-griz-hungry/87483658/

BWahlberg said:
Lots of great stuff;

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/sports/2016/07/23/sunday-conversation-tucker-schye-says-griz-hungry/87483658/

Good article! Thanks for posting BW!

Sounds like a very humble young lad. I predicted great things from him when he was recruited, after watching him dominate the high school all-star game. I have been mildly disappointed so far, but maybe it just took a couple of years for him to develop physically. At 245, he should be a force at D-end.

He said all of the right things that one would expect in an interview. We'll see if the defense is as good as last year. It should not be too hard if Semore is as good as advertised, cause Ty's scheme was so pedestrian. I would have loved to see what Semore could have done with the kids who graduated last year.

Thanks Brint for posting this.

Q: The Grizzly defense lost such a great player in Tyrone Holmes and some excellent linebackers to graduation. Some folks might say the Griz defense might be hard-pressed to measure up to last year?

A: I would have to disagree with that. We did lose some great players. Tyrone was FCS Player of the Year (defensively), one of the best defensive ends in the country at any level. We have a lot of guys who are unproven and haven’t played a lot consistently. But they’re really hungry. I think our defense will be even better this coming season.

Q: And how about your offense? Of course several of the Grizzly quarterbacks all have starting experience now. Many folks figure that offense will be potent this fall.

A: Oh yes. I think so. Our offense is going to be rolling this year. We’ve got Brady Gustafson, and I think he’ll be one of the best quarterbacks in the country this season. He’s a stud. And really a lot of guys on offense. It’s looking way better all around.

===============================================================================

I completely agree, Tucker! :clap:

Great article! I think that young man could be a keeper! I know all the jokes that you guys who are lucky enough to live in western Montana like to make about eastern Montana and North Dakota(I spent years up at Snowbowl, traversing the North Dakota Downhill). I live in Saskatchewan where you can watch your dog run away for a week, but he will be great because those high plains kids are tougher than boiled owls.

It's a nice article, but Manch isn't an impartial observer of the Griz and Cats. His brother in-law is Bobcat SID. He shouldn't suggest otherwise.

SaskGriz said:
Great article! I think that young man could be a keeper! I know all the jokes that you guys who are lucky enough to live in western Montana like to make about eastern Montana and North Dakota(I spent years up at Snowbowl, traversing the North Dakota Downhill). I live in Saskatchewan where you can watch your dog run away for a week, but he will be great because those high plains kids are tougher than boiled owls.
Now....that's funny! :lol:

Was it hard on some of you guys? I’m sure you were all pretty close with coach Gregorak, too.

A: Yes (pauses). I mean, it was weird because of where he went to. Bozeman (Montana) State. But I think that’s all behind everyone and we’re all looking forward to the future, you know?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bobby Hauck would be proud! :clap: :clap: :clap:

AZGrizFan said:
Was it hard on some of you guys? I’m sure you were all pretty close with coach Gregorak, too.

A: Yes (pauses). I mean, it was weird because of where he went to. Bozeman (Montana) State. But I think that’s all behind everyone and we’re all looking forward to the future, you know?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bobby Hauck would be proud! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You just know that's got to be Selle, Ferriter, Schillenger, and Germer drilling that into our guys too, love it.

SaskGriz said:
I live in Saskatchewan where you can watch your dog run away for a week, but he will be great because those high plains kids are tougher than boiled owls.

Any where near Regina, Sask? If so, I want to catch your stand up act when my wife has to be there for work. Outstanding stuff my friend.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Q: The Grizzly defense lost such a great player in Tyrone Holmes and some excellent linebackers to graduation. Some folks might say the Griz defense might be hard-pressed to measure up to last year?

A: I would have to disagree with that. We did lose some great players. Tyrone was FCS Player of the Year (defensively), one of the best defensive ends in the country at any level. We have a lot of guys who are unproven and haven’t played a lot consistently. But they’re really hungry. I think our defense will be even better this coming season.

Q: And how about your offense? Of course several of the Grizzly quarterbacks all have starting experience now. Many folks figure that offense will be potent this fall.

A: Oh yes. I think so. Our offense is going to be rolling this year. We’ve got Brady Gustafson, and I think he’ll be one of the best quarterbacks in the country this season. He’s a stud. And really a lot of guys on offense. It’s looking way better all around.

Could happen, we'll see how things play out. If I were a player on the team I'd say the same exact think...... of course you're not going to say "We lost great players and a great coach so we'll definitely be taking a step back." Proof will be in the pudding. Where did you end up, 24 points per game, 380 yards according to the year end stats? If I were to lay money down on that I'd say your stats at the end of the year won't be that good but we'll see.

poorgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Could happen, we'll see how things play out. If I were a player on the team I'd say the same exact think...... of course you're not going to say "We lost great players and a great coach so we'll definitely be taking a step back." Proof will be in the pudding. Where did you end up, 24 points per game, 380 yards according to the year end stats? If I were to lay money down on that I'd say your stats at the end of the year won't be that good but we'll see.

Well, we don't play NDSU twice, and instead play St. Francis and Mississippi Valley State, so that should help. :mrgreen:

poorgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Half of 2015 we played with the 2nd and 3rd string QBs... if Brady stays healthy, we will surpass those numbers. :coffee:

poorgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

He really should have taken the cat fan approach of "this team will be scary good this year!". Because, you know, it's worked out so well for you guys in the past.

Back