• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New music

BornaGriz

Hodor has the new Monte entrance music. "This is our house" by Bon Jovi. It's time start a new theme with a new field , a new scoreboard/sound system and a Stitt offense and defense with new players that come with a lot good talent. Time for change. What say you?

No for two reasons. 1. Not hard enough for me but that's just a subjective opinion 2. How many traditions do you need to get rid of to become "new" again? This one in particular works just fine and has nothing to do with improving or taking away from the Program.

The music that needs improvement is the marching band. Compare them to the NDSU Band and you'll see what I mean.

BornGrizz said:
No for two reasons. 1. Not hard enough for me but that's just a subjective opinion 2. How many traditions do you need to get rid of to become "new" again? This one in particular works just fine and has nothing to do with improving or taking away from the Program.

The music that needs improvement is the marching band. Compare them to the NDSU Band and you'll see what I mean.

The current music is shit. Play anything except for Kid Rock douche anthems from 15 years ago. We still do this, and it's an embarrassment. I don't care what it is, just update it.

BornGrizz said:

This is sooo true! I was a skeptic until I heard their revamped version of Steve Perry's "Oh Sherri"

Oh Gravy, our love
Holds on, holds on
Oh Gravy, our love
Holds on, holds on

It's haunting with the 90's light show, and that's just the chorus! Step it up UM Band!

CDAGRIZ said:
BornGrizz said:

The current music is shit. Play anything except for Kid Rock douche anthems from 15 years ago. We still do this, and it's an embarrassment. I don't care what it is, just update it.

Ahh, didn't read it close enough, I thought we were talking about the team entrance, not Monte. Then agreed.

That Jovi tune may work for Monte, but we need a new Monte to go with the new tune. Somebody call Barry out of retirement! No one has ever come close since then.

BornGrizz said:

Thats actually not NDSUs band...its just their fat students they put in marching band uniforms...they march them onto the field and let those fatys yawn and it sounds like tubas.....

Oh BTW NDSUs band continues to play and use the drums while the other teams offense has the ball...which is illegal.

CDAGRIZ said:
BornGrizz said:

I'd suggest you stay away from Blurred Lines... just saying!

My thought with the Bon Jovi song was just that it has a similar spot in the song that Monte could use to gesture to the 4 sides so the basic crowd involvement wouldnt change much, it clearly fits in the "Jock Rock" genre and has a build that would work in pregame.. but the point being the Kid Rock thing has not changed since Monte graduated and turned into a Bull, right?

The only reasonable solution would be to make me absolute music dictator. There could be no flexibility or negotiation involved in my musical selections. Yes, I might select a musical interlude from '95, as that would be my prerogative. I might clear entire stadium sections of poor musical taste. It must be done.

Monte is not music...to sweeten up the message etc. I am calling for a female Monte to come out with Monte for a few skits. Perhaps a touch of a new girl/woman playing with Monte would inspire some fans. I'd like a change with some new music and a lady Monte!

Welcome to the Jungle is hard to beat to get the crowd pumped before the team comes out

Thinking the new video board/sound system could get the crowd rocking with the Scorpions version of The Who's Can't Explain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pKlaXuGrwA

or maybe the fire bell on April Wine's Oowatanite for the home opener night game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXYPWE_8Twg

Just suggesting that we add some 80's guitars to go with our old stand by - Cotton Eye Joe :)

Latest posts

Back