• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

You're Either a Cat or a Griz

HookedonGriz

DONOR
This holds true for MOST kids in MT playing football with aspirations to be a Cat or Griz player. That loyalty makes it tough to flip these kids from one side to the other. Been a lot of talk about the Cats out-recruiting us for the best in-state kids. Some years, those kids are gonna be Cats or Griz based on their loyalty, family ties, etc

Troy Anderson's (Dillon) dad was a Cat, as was his brother and also his sister who runs track for them currently. That's a tough one to flip. Hashley's (Glacier) dad was a cat player and I believe is in their hall of fame. Another tough flip indeed. Please see Colters write up in the link below. He thought about it and had high praise for Stitt, the program, and other coaches but this kid has always been a Cat. Gilman (another cat commit from Glacier) and Hashley have been best buds since grade school as well.

Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some, and sometimes you have no shot from the get-go as you're either a Cat or a Griz...with no in between.

http://skylinesportsmt.com/hashley-commits-to-bobcats/

I have seen Jaxen at sporting events over the years, and I don't think I have ever seen him without something Bobcat on. Good pickup for the Cats. Good kid.

Good Thread.

I for one am pretty excited for the MT kids we've landed so far, but I think you guys have done just as well. Lots of kids to be excited about this year, and good for them for being able to live their dreams and play for the team they love. Good luck to all MT recruits!

I think its important to remember....all these kids that are signing with either Cats or Griz now....have actually grown up watching the Cats only lose 80% of the games against the Griz...instead of 100% like the generation before them....

progress people
#OwnTheProgress

In any sport, the intangible role of geographical "loyalty" is controversial. All things being equal, is a Montana kid with a family history of loyalty, growing up as a Griz or Cat fan, more likely to work harder or go an extra mile for "the Team?"

The UM Student-Athlete Handbook showcases "loyalty:"
Loyalty:
Grizzly Athletics will demonstrate loyalty to our University, our state, our teams, and fans.
So, is it in each team's best interest to actively seek out Montana kids with an avowed, life-long loyalty to "The Team?"? Is that "intangible" of any importance?

I'd say it is.

HookedonGriz said:
Troy Anderson's (Dillon) dad was a Cat, as was his brother and also his sister who runs track for them currently. That's a tough one to flip. Hashley's (Glacier) dad was a cat player and I believe is in their hall of fame. Another tough flip indeed. Please see Colters write up in the link below. He thought about it and had high praise for Stitt, the program, and other coaches but this kid has always been a Cat. Gilman (another cat commit from Glacier) and Hashley have been best buds since grade school as well.

but...but....but....growler says we're getting owned in in-state recruiting!!!! :lol: :lol:

First of all, I am very happy with the Montana recruits the Griz already have committed. The Deming boys and Rensvold are easily in the top 7 to 8 recruits in Montana. This year just happens to be one of those years where the top few guys already align as bobcats and we will see years for the Griz where that same phenomenon happens. That is a purely cyclical event and can easily change each year.

What is more funny to me are the bobcat fans who are beating their chest on this site saying their coach is a great recruiter when all he has done is recruited kids that were automatically going to go there anyways. I'm quite certain even I could've gotten those kids to sign that line.

And I don't say that to take anything away from the cats or those kids as they will be good recruits, good gets, and I am certain good players. I'd be happy if they were Griz indeed.

HookedonGriz said:
What is more funny to me are the bobcat fans who are beating their chest on this site saying their coach is a great recruiter when all he has done is recruited kids that were automatically going to go there anyways.
Cats are always looking for a light at the end of the tunnel. Any tunnel.

HookedonGriz said:
What is more funny to me are the bobcat fans who are beating their chest on this site saying their coach is a great recruiter when all he has done is recruited kids that were automatically going to go there anyways. I'm quite certain even I could've gotten those kids to sign that line.

Does this apply to both schools or just the cats?

UMGriz75 said:
HookedonGriz said:
What is more funny to me are the bobcat fans who are beating their chest on this site saying their coach is a great recruiter when all he has done is recruited kids that were automatically going to go there anyways.

Usually, at the end of that tunnel, is a nice holiday dinner at home. The turds are chirping, there are a few fresh-caught brown trout on the grill, Momma put on her good robe, and all is well in the life of a Bobcat.

KoolMoeDee said:
HookedonGriz said:

Being one who has eaten enough turd stew to choke a horse, you know the answer to this riddle.

KoolMoeDee said:
HookedonGriz said:

I suppose everyone can go look at the threads about Jesse Sims, Colin Bingham, and Holden Ryan and you can find out for yourself. Similar situation because all had Griz family ties and chose UM over MSU. I believe Sims and Bingham were on record saying they enjoyed their visits to Montana State and liked the school. How to get a kid to flip? The offer and the education (their future degree).

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/big-sky-s-bingham-picks-griz/article_2cac9fef-c84c-5eec-846f-72fede95a5d9.html

http://missoulian.com/ravalli/sports/college/grizzlies/corvallis-sims-chooses-griz-over-cats/article_ba5d7361-3379-5bad-995a-8e55ecff9332.html

The Bobcats were especially close on getting Sims. Family won out on that one.

CDAGRIZ said:
Being one who has eaten enough turd stew to choke a horse, you know the answer to this riddle.

Is that a riddle? Here is a simple question. What is the difference between septic and irrigation?

KoolMoeDee said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Is that a riddle? Here is a simple question. What is the difference between septic and irrigation?

Yes. Septic we all know. Irrigation is a shallow drainfield where water trickles out over a wide area in measured doses from a pump chamber.

Neither of which are practiced in Bozeman, where the poop runs through RHS like the salmon of Capistrano.

UMGriz75 said:
HookedonGriz said:

The only tunnel they're looking through is the quonset that holds the rodeo gear, you can see it from the 35 yard line if the methane is light that day.

jodcon said:
The only tunnel they're looking through is the quonset that holds the rodeo gear, you can see it from the 35 yard line if the methane is light that day.
I thought Rodeo Club was given Romney Hall ... as a reward for managing to have the only successful sports team on campus.

Yes, I have heard all about the failure of the MSU Water Polo Team when the horses all drowned, but that was different from Rodeo Club.

UMGriz75 said:
jodcon said:
I thought Rodeo Club was given Romney Hall ... as a reward for managing to have the only successful sports team on campus.

Yes, I have heard all about the failure of the MSU Water Polo Team when the horses all drowned, but that was different from Rodeo Club.

They should have recruited more Montana horses, losing the in-state horse recruiting battle to Northern cost them big-time here.

CDAGRIZ said:
KoolMoeDee said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Yes. Septic we all know. Irrigation is a shallow drainfield where water trickles out over a wide area in measured doses from a pump chamber.

Neither of which are practiced in Bozeman, where the poop runs through RHS like the salmon of Capistrano.

When do the salmon return this year CDA? I'd like to make a pilgrimage so I can fill up the new smoker. My sense of it is that this is a question that people ask you, often. My apologies if I have again, asked a question in this, the wrong forum.

KoolMoeDee said:
HookedonGriz said:

You would know that answer by my post above if you didn't just pick the part you wanted to disagree with. Here it is as a reminder:

"This year just happens to be one of those years where the top few guys already align as bobcats and we will see years for the Griz where that same phenomenon happens. That is a purely cyclical event and can easily change each year."

So yes, applies to both schools. Not sure how you missed that.

VimSince03 said:
KoolMoeDee said:
HookedonGriz said:

I suppose everyone can go look at the threads about Jesse Sims, Colin Bingham, and Holden Ryan and you can find out for yourself. Similar situation because all had Griz family ties and chose UM over MSU. I believe Sims and Bingham were on record saying they enjoyed their visits to Montana State and liked the school. How to get a kid to flip? The offer and the education (their future degree).

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/big-sky-s-bingham-picks-griz/article_2cac9fef-c84c-5eec-846f-72fede95a5d9.html

http://missoulian.com/ravalli/sports/college/grizzlies/corvallis-sims-chooses-griz-over-cats/article_ba5d7361-3379-5bad-995a-8e55ecff9332.html

The Bobcats were especially close on getting Sims. Family won out on that one.

It was blatantly obvious (I thought) in my post that this happens at both schools. I stated its a cyclical thing and can change each year. KoolMoDouche just wanted to pick a part that he/she could disagree with and try to make a point.

Back