• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

10 Griz to Watch - Jerry Louie-McGee

HookedonGriz

DONOR
GoGriz is doing a "10 Griz to Watch" series and JLM had a nice write up. This kid could be special. Let's hope so!

http://www.gogriz.com/news/2016/7/26/football-the-intriguing-10-who-to-watch-for-in-2016-17.aspx

Really excited to watch Jerry and Caleb this season. If you can make the first guy miss at that position, those will be easy yards. They will make safeties play closer to the line of scrimmage, which will open up Eaton, Curran, Homan, and Hovey for long balls down the field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait for the season...love to watch our team as it will be like a long chain in constant motion.

He sure as shootin looks the part of the slot guy Stitt envisioned but gave up on last season. If his receiving partners can hold up their ends, he could have a monster season.

Gus needs to get them 5 yard passes down too. Or up I should say. He throws a bootyful deep ball but those little dumps were his hardest throws to convert last year. Of course the ones he did complete to Naccarato never made it passed the reception. Hopefully JLM and CL will be better at getting some YAC.

alabamagrizzly said:
Gus needs to get them 5 yard passes down too. Or up I should say. He throws a bootyful deep ball but those little dumps were his hardest throws to convert last year. Of course the ones he did complete to Naccarato never made it passed the reception. Hopefully JLM and CL will be better at getting some YAC.
Stitt called JLM and Caleb Lyons a "huge upgrade" at the Z position. Agreed on Gus though, his shorter throws were wild at times.

I like this kid too,,and due to his ability, I believe it will make calab more effective, in fact I think lyons may have a bigger upside than people are giving him credit for....the tandem of jlm and cl will be an area teams will have to prepare for in their game plan, imo....remember, c.l. is pretty darn shifty and fast himself....

brewskis said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Stitt called JLM and Caleb Lyons a "huge upgrade" at the Z position. Agreed on Gus though, his shorter throws were wild at times.

I think if you go back and look at a lot of those throws, you will see mechanical issues. My opinion is either from trying to hit it too quick, or pressure from the defense, that he did not have his footwork right and as a result, the rest of the motion is out of whack and causing the errant throw. One of the things you see in top line quarterbacks is they almost always do the little things right that allow for the throw to be successful.

In my very limited coaching know how I mentioned to coach Stitt I thought Gus should lower his target and toss toward the chest instead of head during his first throws each game. Stitt mentioned that Gus was getting hit low during his worst throwing days and that made Brady throw wild passes. A bit gun shy and getting hit plus he had an injury made the throws way off was Stitts explanation. Other factors came in to play during my coaching lesson, no need to go further. Stitt claims he and other coaches have worked with Brady and he is far ahead of last year. Stitt was very high on Brady & expects great things from him this year.

Back