• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ducks Name Starting QB

Monterulz

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwjDqMyM0uDOAhUEwWMKHXuxC4kQqQIIXjAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.oregonlive.com%2Fducks%2Findex.ssf%2F2016%2F08%2Fhow_dakota_prukop_became_orego.html&usg=AFQjCNFRjhJ5XSkKrNaWiVBGq_O0pjD7lQ&sig2=NEcud61zIOeLTXEwvz-6qg

Good Luck Mr Prukop! He is bound to have some success with this upgrade of talent around him. Makes it tougher to pull for the Ducks .... at least for this Griz Fan.

Monterulz said:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwjDqMyM0uDOAhUEwWMKHXuxC4kQqQIIXjAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.oregonlive.com%2Fducks%2Findex.ssf%2F2016%2F08%2Fhow_dakota_prukop_became_orego.html&usg=AFQjCNFRjhJ5XSkKrNaWiVBGq_O0pjD7lQ&sig2=NEcud61zIOeLTXEwvz-6qg

Good Luck Mr Prukop! He is bound to have some success with this upgrade of talent around him. Makes it tougher to pull for the Ducks .... at least for this Griz Fan.

As freaky as it sounds, this is a complement to the BSC. Two years in a row......

I always liked Prukop. Literally one of my favorite Bobcats ever. Really good kid. Interviewed him twice for the Brawls. Last year, he raved about Tyrone Holmes and the Griz' D. Both times I talked to him, he was super respectful of the Griz. That made an impression on me. I think he'll do well by the Ducks this season.

havgrizfan said:
I always liked Prukop. Literally one of my favorite Bobcats ever. Really good kid. Interviewed him twice for the Brawls. Last year, he raved about Tyrone Holmes and the Griz' D. Both times I talked to him, he was super respectful of the Griz. That made an impression on me. I think he'll do well by the Ducks this season.

Kind of a stark contrast to Kidder and his twitter musings.

I think PreCum will have better stats with Oregon this year than he ever would have gotten had he stuck with Choke and the lack of talent in kittyland

doc3kgt said:
havgrizfan said:

I don't follow college football players I've never even met before on Twitter, so I wouldn't know what he's musing about. But, I do know that there are wayyyyyy more MSU fans who talk s--t about, start the "classless" threads about, and genuinely dislike UM players even though they've never met them before, AND, even though those same players some MSU posters talk so much "classless" stuff about, are lifelong friends with Bobcat players. For example: There was once a 7-page thread on BN about how MSU fans hate Jordan Tripp for supposedly flipping off MSU fans in Bozeman. He was labeled as classless and ripped to shreds in that thread, though it never happened cause I asked him point blank at a Carroll football game the next season, and he said he would never ever do something that immature. Yet, MSU fans think hr is classless, even though the great Cody Kirk would never call JT classless. That player bashing happens so much more on BN than it does here.

Secondly, before Dakota had ever played a down for the Cats i know for a fact his Twitter sig was "Now i know why my plane stinks. A guy wearing a Griz shirt sitting right behind me." Are those the type of musings you're talkin about? If so, let me just say, I never labeled Dakota as classless, like you would have for the same thing. It's called being mature. Try it sometime. Hell, try it once. You might like it.

GoldenEagle said:
Maybe some day the grizzies will have a quarterback good enough to transfer to FBS.
Maybe some day your best players won't want to declare for the NFL draft early or leave to go to another school.

Prukop is not as talented of a passer as Lil' Shooter. He hits his short stuff but didn't have a consistent long ball. In the Big Sky he was always a genuine threat to tuck it and run. It will be interesting to see if the enhanced PAC 12 speed will end that aspect of his game. Shooter essentially lost the ability to scramble after he made the jump. Overall I suspect Mr. Prukop will do alright but doubt his Ducks even equal last year's mark.

That said I sincerely wish the kid well. I hope he surprises me and has a fabulous season and the Ducks are in the mix for a title. I'll certainly be following the Oregon box scores this fall.

Go Get 'em Russian Lad!

havgrizfan said:
doc3kgt said:
havgrizfan said:

I don't follow college football players I've never even met before on Twitter, so I wouldn't know what he's musing about. But, I do know that there are wayyyyyy more MSU fans who talk s--t about, start the "classless" threads about, and genuinely dislike UM players even though they've never met them before, AND, even though those same players some MSU posters talk so much "classless" stuff about, are lifelong friends with Bobcat players. For example: There was once a 7-page thread on BN about how MSU fans hate Jordan Tripp for supposedly flipping off MSU fans in Bozeman. He was labeled as classless and ripped to shreds in that thread, though it never happened cause I asked him point blank at a Carroll football game the next season, and he said he would never ever do something that immature. Yet, MSU fans think hr is classless, even though the great Cody Kirk would never call JT classless. That player bashing happens so much more on BN than it does here.

Secondly, before Dakota had ever played a down for the Cats i know for a fact his Twitter sig was "Now i know why my plane stinks. A guy wearing a Griz shirt sitting right behind me." Are those the type of musings you're talkin about? If so, let me just say, I never labeled Dakota as classless, like you would have for the same thing. It's called being mature. Try it sometime. Hell, try it once. You might like it.

Pffff, you must be high. griz fans are KNOWN for slammin players, coaches, etc, from other teams, your own team, doesn't matter. Just look back through any thread about VA, Daum, Ty, Dakota, McGhee (especially entertaining). Don't even get me started on Ash.

grizaremoregooder said:
GoldenEagle said:
Maybe some day the grizzies will have a quarterback good enough to transfer to FBS.
Maybe some day your best players won't want to declare for the NFL draft early or leave to go to another school just to be able to stop putting on that piss colored uniform.
FIFY

poorgriz said:
havgrizfan said:
doc3kgt said:
havgrizfan said:

Pffff, you must be high. griz fans are KNOWN for slammin players, coaches, etc, from other teams, your own team, doesn't matter. Just look back through any thread about VA, Daum, Ty, Dakota, McGhee (especially entertaining). Don't even get me started on Ash.

Poorgriz, I never said those things didn't happen on here. Of course there is player bashing by Griz fans (Which I never do), I said, it happens way more on BN, and BN posters actually make it personal. In the past seen full threads devoted to Chase Reynolds, Jordan Tripp, Trumaine Johnson, Tyrone Holmes (for his hit on an EWU QB lol), and I could go on. And every one of those threads had personal remarks towards those kids, and, the common theme was classless. I never said Griz fans don't do the same, I just see BN posters making it more personal.

And, I also pointed out, you must think a lot of your own players have really poor judgement in who they like as human beings. I used the Jordan Tripp one as an example, yet he and Kirk are lifelong best friends. Tru was call ed a thug and a cheater on BN, and yet, he and Elvis Akpla are very good friends. Right now, there are people ripping Brady Gustafson's abilities on the College Football Forum on BN, and yet, your most revered current player, Chad Newell, has publicly said that he thinks Brady is a very, very good quarterback.

Point is, perception is always different than reality, and the reality is, the kids that get called classless on BN, are not classless at all, just like I never though Prukop was classless, even when I read his Twitter sig.

havgrizfan said:
poorgriz said:
havgrizfan said:
doc3kgt said:

Poorgriz, I never said those things didn't happen on here. Of course there is player bashing by Griz fans (Which I never do), I said, it happens way more on BN, and BN posters actually make it personal. In the past seen full threads devoted to Chase Reynolds, Jordan Tripp, Trumaine Johnson, Tyrone Holmes (for his hit on an EWU QB lol), and I could go on. And every one of those threads had personal remarks towards those kids, and, the common theme was classless. I never said Griz fans don't do the same, I just see BN posters making it more personal.

And, I also pointed out, you must think a lot of your own players have really poor judgement in who they like as human beings. I used the Jordan Tripp one as an example, yet he and Kirk are lifelong best friends. Tru was call ed a thug and a cheater on BN, and yet, he and Elvis Akpla are very good friends. Right now, there are people ripping Brady Gustafson's abilities on the College Football Forum on BN, and yet, your most revered current player, Chad Newell, has publicly said that he thinks Brady is a very, very good quarterback.

Point is, perception is always different than reality, and the reality is, the kids that get called classless on BN, are not classless at all, just like I never though Prukop was classless, even when I read his Twitter sig.

I read the BN post and don't see where they are calling Gustasfson classless or really ripping on the kid? It is true that both fan bases take shots at players and coaches - hard to say that one fan base does it more than the other...

Hilarious. Pot arguing with kettle about who is more black. We both are, just one makes a better tea.

Back