• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cat beat down

Richard Cranium

The bobs fans seem a lil timid this year as well they should. But, about 1/3 of their fans seem to think they will beat Idaho and actually score a lot of points. I just don't see how the cats get 7, D1 wins this year. I predict they win 5 games, but Only 4 D1 games. I think the bobs get hammered by Idaho by at least 28 points. They will come out of that loss with broken morale and some key injuries. The last time the bobs had coachs that were going to pound the rock in the BSC they failed miserably remember Earl Solomonson and Cliff Hysell? They think controlling the clock with this ground and pound style of offense will all of a sudden make their shitty Defense good, because it will be well rested from long drives down the field. They will find out very quickly that 3 and outs using a 2 yards and a cloud of dust will not work week in and week out in the BSC, especially with this O line. They replace 3 O line starters and have very little depth. The cats will lose to Idaho, North Dakota, NAU, Weber, EWU and the Griz. Teams will get up on the bobs quickly and the ground and pound won't be able to catch up. The teams they do play that don't have high scoring offenses, ND and Weber do have very good Defenses especially very good D lines that will stifle the ground and pound. The bobcat faithful will be very silent after game 8 this season and will be 3-5 at that point with only 2 D1 wins.

The Cat fan base will have to give their new coach Jeff Choate some time (3 years minimum). They signed some J.C. kids to shore up the D-line and got a couple solid FBS tranfers on the O-line and the secondary. That team won five games last season and lost one of the better quarterbacks in the FCS.

Richard lacking a Cranium, where do you come up with this garbage? Things are not anywhere as dire as you try to portray. I guess you base your predictions on what you would like to happen. Yes, Cat fan expectations are not high this year. Pretty normal when you have a new coaching staff. Not much different than the Griz last year with their new staff.

Griz beat Cats 13 1/2 to 4 1/2 at Third Annual Big Sky Beatdown yesterday at Hilands Golf Club. Raised $3600 for athletics so 60% to Griz and 40% to Cats. The spread on this beatdown foretells result in the Brawl.

bigsky33 said:
Richard lacking a Cranium, where do you come up with this garbage? Things are not anywhere as dire as you try to portray. I guess you base your predictions on what you would like to happen. Yes, Cat fan expectations are not high this year. Pretty normal when you have a new coaching staff. Not much different than the Griz last year with their new staff.

Choate is about the best chance the Cats have of turning their program around. He has many solid D1 contacts with coaches, high schools and former players. He has more energy when he is taking a nap than Ash ever did and he is competitive. Can he turn around the program? Probably, since MSU has good educational programs, is a hip place to live and work and their facilities are not horrible. The facilities pale in comparison to the Griz, but he should be able to out recruit everyone else in the BSC - other than the Griz. Let's face it, the Cats are little bro and will stay that way, They will have seasons where there is some success and that is about the best they can hope for. I personally hope he restores the rivalry. Right now - not so much. Cats lose to Idaho by 20. New coaches, new players, new QB. Oh hell, I mean they lose by 30.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Griz beat Cats 13 1/2 to 4 1/2 at Third Annual Big Sky Beatdown yesterday at Hilands Golf Club. Raised $3600 for athletics so 60% to Griz and 40% to Cats. The spread on this beatdown foretells result in the Brawl.

I flew my Griz colors at the end of the 1st green at Highlands.

Richard Cranium said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

I flew my Griz colors at the end of the 1st green at Highlands.

Shoot I've probably hit your condo a few times. Ha

I actually believe the cats will be good this year, not saying they're going to win the conference. Attitude is a big part of the game, have a pretty easy schedule early on, and I think that's key if they win those games. Have brought in quite a bit of talent, if it all comes together, could be very good. Lots of energy there right now. Will know soon enough.

#GoldRushCatFanSays

tumblr_n9ad2n4tPm1spey9uo1_500.gif

:msugrad:

bigsky33 said:

NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE!!!

Uh sorry, I forgot you are in the land of diminished expectations.

We have the approach of we are going to post season, after a very good year, kicking the kitties ass (again) and taking names after that.
The same you say!

Oh, that applied to last year too.

Bobcats
2016: 3-8
2017: 4-7
2018: 6-5 (Choach Coate gets an extension)
2019: 5-6
2020: 3-8
2021: 5-6 (Jim Coate gets fired, new coach hired, Cats will Rule the Sky!)

It's the circle of life.

CDAGRIZ said:
Bobcats
2016: 3-8
2017: 4-7
2018: 6-5 (Choach Coate gets an extension)
2019: 5-6
2020: 3-8
2021: 5-6 (Jim Coate gets fired, new coach hired, Cats will Rule the Sky!)

It's the circle of life.

2016 - 2021: Preseason National Champions.

Richard Cranium said:
The bobs fans seem a lil timid this year as well they should. But, about 1/3 of their fans seem to think they will beat Idaho and actually score a lot of points. I just don't see how the cats get 7, D1 wins this year. I predict they win 5 games, but Only 4 D1 games. I think the bobs get hammered by Idaho by at least 28 points. They will come out of that loss with broken morale and some key injuries. The last time the bobs had coachs that were going to pound the rock in the BSC they failed miserably remember Earl Solomonson and Cliff Hysell? They think controlling the clock with this ground and pound style of offense will all of a sudden make their shitty Defense good, because it will be well rested from long drives down the field. They will find out very quickly that 3 and outs using a 2 yards and a cloud of dust will not work week in and week out in the BSC, especially with this O line. They replace 3 O line starters and have very little depth. The cats will lose to Idaho, North Dakota, NAU, Weber, EWU and the Griz. Teams will get up on the bobs quickly and the ground and pound won't be able to catch up. The teams they do play that don't have high scoring offenses, ND and Weber do have very good Defenses especially very good D lines that will stifle the ground and pound. The bobcat faithful will be very silent after game 8 this season and will be 3-5 at that point with only 2 D1 wins.

You think we're going to see key injuries because we're playing Idaho? I've read some dumb shit on here but that one ranks up there! LOL

Pssssst, there's a far greater chance that you guys get hit with serious injuries playing whatever scrub team you're playing next weekend.

I only hope that each of you understands the great gift you have been given in your infinite capacity to revel in the same witless Mt. State drivel over and over and over again. You have been given the key to happiness … the situation for those of us who are exposed to you driveling pinheads on every other thread we try to read is another matter. It’s enough to make a non-cretin say, “Go Cats."

Back