• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

John Weidenaar vs Tyrone Holmes, just like old times

BWahlberg

DONOR
Weidenaar is RT #79 and Tyrone is wearing #49

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/770101486009323520[/tweet]

To be fair there, John also was trying to deal with the blitzing corner. Should've just chose one. Right guard communication could've been a bit better.

VimSince03 said:
To be fair there, John also was trying to deal with the blitzing corner. Should've just chose one. Right guard communication could've been a bit better.

Yep. You are right. Good D call with the corner blitz on that as there was absolutely no one to pick him up. However, the corner blitz was also not his responsibility. Definitely took his focus off of Holmes, but that is his mistake.

Sam A. Blitz said:
VimSince03 said:

Yep. You are right. Good D call with the corner blitz on that as there was absolutely no one to pick him up. However, the corner blitz was also not his responsibility. Definitely took his focus off of Holmes, but that is his mistake.

Correct.

VimSince03 said:

To be absolutely fair here; John blocked nobody. Not the blitzing corner. Not Holmes.

Proud Griz Man said:
VimSince03 said:

To be absolutely fair here; John blocked nobody. Not the blitzing corner. Not Holmes.

To be infinitely fair, cat fans are just glad to have anyone in the NFL, even if they're not very good.

Proud Griz Man said:
VimSince03 said:

Exactly. He should've chose one. He thought his guard would have Holmes and when he noticed the corner blitz, he was too late and ended up blocking no one. Offensive line miscommunication between RT and RG. Both at fault.

Htowngriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:
VimSince03 said:

To be infinitely fair, cat fans are just glad to have anyone in the NFL, even if they're not very good.

Mike Person looked pretty good the other night for the Falcons.

AZGrizFan said:
Htowngriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:
VimSince03 said:

Started at Center for all 16 games last year. And I'm sorry but John is a home-grown Montana talent and Griz fans should be cheering for him to make a roster. Give me a break. I mean I don't cheer for the Griz for college but I definitely root for the players if they make it in the NFL.

VimSince03 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Htowngriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:

Started at Center for all 16 games last year. And I'm sorry but John is a home-grown Montana talent and Griz fans should be cheering for him to make a roster. Give me a break. I mean I don't cheer for the Griz for college but I definitely root for the players if they make it in the NFL.

I don't know, I really hate you guys.

griz5700 said:
VimSince03 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Htowngriz said:

You can hate us all you want. But give the guys support if they make it on an NFL roster.

VimSince03 said:
griz5700 said:
VimSince03 said:
AZGrizFan said:

You can hate us all you want. But give the guys support if they make it on an NFL roster.
I fully agree. I will never not be pulling for a Montana boy in the NFL. No matter what school he went to. With that being said... FTC ;)

UMan said:
VimSince03 said:
griz5700 said:
VimSince03 said:

I fully agree. I will never not be pulling for a Montana boy in the NFL. No matter what school he went to. With that being said... FTC ;)

That works for me :thumb:

When a young man or woman commits to playing and representing any Montana school regardless of where they hail from become Montanans from my perspective and I wish them all great success.

Unless of course they f**k up the opportunity given!

VimSince03 said:
Proud Griz Man said:
VimSince03 said:

Exactly. He should've chose one. He thought his guard would have Holmes and when he noticed the corner blitz, he was too late and ended up blocking no one. Offensive line miscommunication between RT and RG. Both at fault.

After they passed him, he did run quickly back to pick up the QB after he was steam rolled. Probably hoped the coach wouldn't notice.

VimSince03 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Htowngriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:

But this is a Griz vs a Cat in the NFL so obviously we'll root against the Cat. I don't think anyone is on here saying they hope he gets cut, but we sure and shit want Tyrone to dominate him play in and play out.

StumptownGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Htowngriz said:

But this is a Griz vs a Cat in the NFL so obviously we'll root against the Cat. I don't think anyone is on here saying they hope he gets cut, but we sure and shit want Tyrone to dominate him play in and play out.

But you could argue this wasn't a one-on-one situation. This was a blitz not picked up properly by two offensive lineman. Good on Tyrone for getting the sack.

Back