• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs. SFU

Richard Cranium

What do you all think the outcome of this game will be against SFU? Not just the score, but how much playing time should be 2's and 3's get? My take is the score will look like 49-17, with the halftime score being 38-3. The 2's and 3's get to play most of the second half in mop up duty. If the Griz don't put up over 38 points and win by 28 it might be a long year. Our ones get to knock off the rust and show off their strengths and they come out of the first game healthy and a lot of confidence. Side note is MSU playing Idaho, if MSU gets beat by more than 24 points and score less than 21 points, they are in HUGE trouble this year.

Richard Cranium said:
What do you all think the outcome of this game will be against SFU? Not just the score, but how much playing time should be 2's and 3's get? My take is the score will look like 49-17, with the halftime score being 38-3. The 2's and 3's get to play most of the second half in mop up duty. If the Griz don't put up over 38 points and win by 28 it might be a long year. Our ones get to knock off the rust and show off their strengths and they come out of the first game healthy and a lot of confidence. Side note is MSU playing Idaho, if MSU gets beat by more than 24 points and score less than 21 points, they are in HUGE trouble this year.

There's a prediction thread pinned to the top. :thumb:

http://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74369

Shit. We gotta travel to Wallace to play this game?? I shudder to think about the possible NCAA violations which could occur after this one....

EverettGriz said:
Shit. We gotta travel to Wallace to play this game?? I shudder to think about the possible NCAA violations which could occur after this one....

Red Flash = Red Light (district).

Richard Cranium said:

Not sure the 3's get as much run as you are hoping for. I think the Griz win by about the same score as MSU loses. I will say 35ish-17ish.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Richard Cranium said:

Not sure the 3's get as much run as you are hoping for. I think the Griz win by about the same score as MSU loses. I will say 35ish-17ish.
I tend to agree; there are a lot of excellent HS players coming out of that area between PSU and Pitt. A 6-4 FCS team last year; 2nd in the NEC; lost the championship on a last game loss to champ Dusquene. This is no DII Western St. as some seem to be implying.

Agreed. It'll be closer than many expect. And there's no shame in that. This team is better than a number of BSC teams.

Always a mistake to underestimate your opponent. I fully expect the Griz to win and win handily, but I would guess the starters play well into the 3rd quarter, if for no other reason than to work on and perfect various sets in a game time atmosphere. With Northern Iowa on the horizon the 1's are going to need all the work they can get.

Given how early in the season it is and that UNI is waiting in the wings, I would think the 1s will play the whole game.

bearister said:
Given how early in the season it is and that UNI is waiting in the wings, I would think the 1s will play the whole game.
With UNI at neighbor Iowa St., "waiting" may be a poor choice of words.

bearister said:

Maybe. Besides winning this game - staying healthy is top priority. I'd bet many sit the 4th qtr if the lead is sufficient.

If it's a real Catholic school (unlike Notre Dame, Boston College, etc) then they will have God on their side. I say SFU 56, UM 3.

BigSkyBears said:
If it's a real Catholic school (unlike Notre Dame, Boston College, etc) then they will have God on their side. I say SFU 56, UM 3.
SFU is playing Montana, not UNC.

Back