• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Saint Francis Scouting Report

griz71

No...not out yet! :lol: Just checking Brint when you think you will have it. All of us are just chomping at the bit to have something to say. :D

(Pinch hit until the real thing comes along.)
St. Francis (PA) Red Flash

STATS.com:
STARTERS RETURNING: 14 (6 offense/8 defense)
ONE TO WATCH ON OFFENSE: Marcus Bagley, RB, Sr.
ONE TO WATCH ON DEFENSE: Lorenzo Jerome, FS/RS, Sr.
OUTLOOK: Coming of their first winning season since 1992 and their best one on the FCS level, the Red Flash could very well win their first NEC title this year. Their matchup with Duquesne is at DeGol Field. Villarrial likes to play a lot of players, so the depth will pay off. Jerome will keep the secondary at a high level and the defense has a disruptive force in NT Nagaseu. On offense, QB Drayer (152-for-250, 1,977 yards, 15 TDs, 9 INTs) is highly experienced, and the Red Flash return their starting offensive line, anchored by Marks. The loss of All-NEC RB Dickson is tempered by the return of Bagley, a bruiser who was the conference's 2014 offensive rookie of the year. The Red Flash also have dominant special teams, although standout Geesey is coming off hip surgery. Like preseason favorite Duquesne, the Red Flash had a conference-high six selections on the NEC preseason team.

NCAA Statistics, 2015:
Record: 6-4 overall, 4-2 in NEC.
OOC: Beat Georgetown, a 4-7 team in the Patriot, and East Tenn State a 2-9 team in the SoCon. Lost to Towson (7-4, CAA) and Youngstown State (5-6, MVFC) by a combined score of 83-23.

Total offense: 361.7 ypg (#70)
. . Rushing: 158.7 ypg (#59)
. . Passing: 203.3 ypg (#60)
Scoring offense: 28.2 ppg (#50)
Total defense: 309.3 ypg (#17)
. . Rushing: 146.3 ypg allowed (#36)
. . Passing: 163.0 ypg (#8)
Scoring defense: 20.9 ppg (#25)
Penalties against them: 76.9 ypg (#111)

Assessment: Not a powerhouse offense, but fairly well balanced. Strong defense stats, especially against the pass. Of course, that’s largely in the NEC … giving up 48 points to a mediocre YSU team may be more indicative. (YSU averaged 29.4 ppg, so they were nearly 20 points over their average against SF-PA).

If the Griz don't kick their fannies, I'd start to worry. GO GRIZ!
:egriz:

BWahlberg said:
You guys are animals lol - these charts and graphs don't just appear outta nowhere!

Yes they do, for I have a magic screen. All I do is log on and "magic" it's there, don't have one? I guess I was chosen.

horribilisfan8184 said:
I would be happy not giving up a touchdown to SF on their first drive.
With Tyler no longer being here.....
Maybe we won't?
But, Watch for a 1st drive score by the spuds in Moscow on Thursday.....it's a for sure :p

http://www.sfuathletics.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football&year=2015

BWahlberg said:
You guys are animals lol - these charts and graphs don't just appear outta nowhere!

Good grief Brint you have had all summer to get this done. It was not a surprise who we were going to be playing. Would you please quit trying to make a living and be more diligent about these scouting reports? First things first!

Griz1 said:
BWahlberg said:

Good grief Brint you have had all summer to get this done. It was not a surprise who we were going to be playing. Would you please quit trying to make a living and be more diligent about these scouting reports? First things first!

omg? :thumb:

They are from PA, one of the best states in the country for HS football, they will have a good team. That's all yoou need to know.

Well that and the GRIZ are SCARY GOOD.

Griz1 said:
BWahlberg said:

He thought the game was on the 23rd. Tickets don't lie, do they?

Back