• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt on the Big Sky FB conference call

BWahlberg

DONOR
Some tweets from AJ:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini/status/770668658477510656[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini/status/770668779349041152[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini/status/770668913168265216[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini/status/770669240466616320[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini/status/770669933776613376[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini/status/770670672989212673[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini/status/770670876169674752[/tweet]

I'm curious if there are any links to these conference calls and the Coaches radio show so we can listen at a time convenient for us. Podcasts etc.?

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/griz-wary-of-saint-francis-defensive-pressure-in-passing-game/article_d2149bc0-c917-59b6-b698-55664db12d19.html

If Counts is suspended for the season, I sure hope Nguyen, Favors,and Calhoun stay healthy because it would be great to not have to burn Green's RS year. I know I am stating the obvious, but still.

Mavman said:
I liked coach Stitts qoute yesterday about how he would like to be like Montana of old.
Me too. No rose-colored glasses there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaskGriz said:
If Counts is suspended for the season, I sure hope Nguyen, Favors,and Calhoun stay healthy because it would be great to not have to burn Green's RS year. I know I am stating the obvious, but still.

I think you need four solid running backs on the active roster these days. I hope Rey Green gets some carries in game one.

Joey is only suspended for a couple games I believe. Look at bright side of this too, at least he isn't injured in the first part of the season, we may him playing in the middle and end of season where he will be invaluable.

reinell30 said:
Joey is only suspended for a couple games I believe. Look at bright side of this too, at least he isn't injured in the first part of the season, we may him playing in the middle and end of season where he will be invaluable.
Sure hope you are right but haven't seen Joey finish a season yet.

They're going to have to push his DUI case out as far as possible, because if he's convicted of that, he's gone-zo.

fanofzoo said:
reinell30 said:
Sure hope you are right but haven't seen Joey finish a season yet.

A Missoulian article had the information regarding Joey's status:

Counts was arrested for DUI in Lake County in July after a misdemeanor trespassing conviction last November in Missoula. His hearing on a petition to revoke his suspended sentence from that initial arrest has been pushed back until next Thursday. If granted, he'd face a suspension of 30 percent of the season, per the Montana student-athlete handbook. If he is convicted of DUI, a third Category II violation of UM's code of conduct, the senior would be dismissed from the team.

AllWeatherFan said:
SaskGriz said:

I think you need four solid running backs on the active roster these days. I hope Rey Green gets some carries in game one.

I know what you are saying about the four RB's but I'd almost rather see them use Martinez (who I haven't heard a thing about) or McCombs (who had some nice reports in the spring) as a "breather" back and save Green a year. Green looks like he could be a hell of a talent, so it's the balance between using what you have right now and thinking about down the road. It's for better minds than mine. :?

SaskGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
SaskGriz said:

I know what you are saying about the four RB's but I'd almost rather see them use Martinez (who I haven't heard a thing about) or McCombs (who had some nice reports in the spring) as a "breather" back and save Green a year. Green looks like he could be a hell of a talent, so it's the balance between using what you have right now and thinking about down the road. It's for better minds than mine. :?

I thought McCombs was a transfer who had to sit this season. I think if a kid is ready @ the level, especially @ RB, where you've got needs, you have to play them. Calhoun was a prime example.

bgbigdog said:
SaskGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
SaskGriz said:

I thought McCombs was a transfer who had to sit this season. I think if a kid is ready @ the level, especially @ RB, where you've got needs, you have to play them. Calhoun was a prime example.

I know there are lots of true freshman who are ready to contribute right away, I just like the extra year of getting bigger, stronger, more comfortable in the system/program/university. I know some don't need it but some do. I think McCombs is eligible to play because he transferred from a D2 (Black Hills State) so he is like the opposite of a drop down. If I'm wrong I won't feel hurt if someone who knows more corrects this.

SaskGriz said:
bgbigdog said:
SaskGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:

I know there are lots of true freshman who are ready to contribute right away, I just like the extra year of getting bigger, stronger, more comfortable in the system/program/university. I know some don't need it but some do. I think McCombs is eligible to play because he transferred from a D2 (Black Hills State) so he is like the opposite of a drop down. If I'm wrong I won't feel hurt if someone who knows more corrects this.

You are right and wrong. If you drop down you don't have to sit out a year. If you transfer up or across you have to sit out a year.

BDizzle said:
SaskGriz said:
bgbigdog said:
SaskGriz said:

You are right and wrong. If you drop down you don't have to sit out a year. If you transfer up or across you have to sit out a year.

Okay, thanks good to know. So you can only move up and not sit if you have graduated from the first school and are taking Grad courses at your new school, like Adams and Prukop?

SaskGriz said:
BDizzle said:
SaskGriz said:
bgbigdog said:

Okay, thanks good to know. So you can only move up and not sit if you have graduated from the first school and are taking Grad courses at your new school, like Adams and Prukop?

Exactly. If you have graduated and transfer for grad school you can play right away no matter where you are going. Same way the Griz got the WR from Nebraska and CB from Wisconsin.

We will be recruiting running backs every year. I hear what you're saying about the advantages of red-shirting Green, Sask, but if he's the fourth-best RB available, I say play him now and get him some experience. Of course, this is based on my assumption that Counts will never suit up again. I hope I'm wrong...

Back