• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

11 Teams Who Will Make it Back to Playoffs

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Good read

http://herosports.com/news/ncaa-fcs-mens-football/didnt-make-the-fcs-playoffs-in-2015-these-11-teams-will-bounce-back-and-could-get-in-this-time

HookedonGriz said:
Good read

http://herosports.com/news/ncaa-fcs-mens-football/didnt-make-the-fcs-playoffs-in-2015-these-11-teams-will-bounce-back-and-could-get-in-this-time

Good find...Nice to see three big sky teams on the list. Somehow I think UND will find a way to not make the playoffs...Eastern will be back...

They thought long and hard about Northern Colorado? Seriously? And to make it BACK to the playoffs, don't you have to have once BEEN in the playoffs?

AZGrizFan said:
They thought long and hard about Northern Colorado? Seriously? And to make it BACK to the playoffs, don't you have to have once BEEN in the playoffs?
Serious dent in their credibility here. :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

marceagfan5 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Good read

Good find...Nice to see three big sky teams on the list. Somehow I think UND will find a way to not make the playoffs...Eastern will be back...

You're probably right about UND, they have one of the softest schedules in the conference. Eastern? I don't know what you have coming back.

BigSkyBears said:
marceagfan5 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Good read

You're probably right about UND, they have one of the softest schedules in the conference. Eastern? I don't know what you have coming back.
A WR and........

alabamagrizzly said:
BigSkyBears said:
marceagfan5 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Good read

A WR and........

The Moscow Mule might be all they need to make the playoffs.

alabamagrizzly said:
BigSkyBears said:
marceagfan5 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Good read

A WR and........

Of course Kupp is the best at this level, but aren't they having QB issues? I think I saw somewhere on their message board that haven't settled on a #1 thrower yet.

BigSkyBears said:
alabamagrizzly said:
BigSkyBears said:
marceagfan5 said:

A WR and........

Of course Kupp is the best at this level, but aren't they having QB issues? I think I saw somewhere on their message board that haven't settled on a #1 thrower yet.

They have a message board?

signedbewildered said:
BigSkyBears said:
alabamagrizzly said:
BigSkyBears said:
A WR and........

I don't think so. I think BSB is referring to NoCo's message board.

Their starter will be Gabe Gubrud. He went like 16-17 (yes you read that right) for 350 yards in their last scrimmage. This doesn't speak as much to Gubruds ability as it does the Swiss cheese defense there. They said their DBs and secondary are just awful and weren't close to receivers all day. Don't get me wromg, Gubrud has talent and they have depth there with Hennesey and West but when they face a good defense it is going to be a much bigger struggle for them (aka Griz last year). West was just awful and Gubrud didn't do much either then.

HookedonGriz said:
Their starter will be Gabe Gubrud. He went like 16-17 (yes you read that right) for 350 yards in their last scrimmage. This doesn't speak as much to Gubruds ability as it does the Swiss cheese defense there. They said their DBs and secondary are just awful and weren't close to receivers all day. Don't get me wromg, Gubrud has talent and they have depth there with Hennesey and West but when they face a good defense it is going to be a much bigger struggle for them (aka Griz last year). West was just awful and Gubrud didn't do much either then.

Baldwin said on the news over this way tonight that West and Hennesey have really made strides and he is not going to name a starter. He may play more than one quarterback against WSU to test hem in a game situation.

CDAGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:
BigSkyBears said:
alabamagrizzly said:
A WR and........

I don't think so. I think BSB is referring to NoCo's message board.
NCU has a great message board!

BigSkyBears said:
alabamagrizzly said:
BigSkyBears said:
marceagfan5 said:

A WR and........

Da Bears only wish they had the QB issues that EWU has.

BigSkyBears said:
alabamagrizzly said:
BigSkyBears said:
marceagfan5 said:

A WR and........

I wouldn't call them issues at QB, just finding the best of the bunch. Gubrud has been the man since winter condo and I'd be surprised if he isn't the guy...most likely Baldwin is playing a bit of a game with Wazzu not naming the starter yet. Heck, the true freshman has been lights out as well this fall, but he's almost a guarantee to redshirt this year...

Not a big stretch to say that Eastern will be 0-4 to start the season. A guaranteed 0-2 and I bet UNI dumps them on that abysmal red turf faster than biscuits and gravy leave the Golden Corral breakfast buffet.

GravyBison said:
Not a big stretch to say that Eastern will be 0-4 to start the season. A guaranteed 0-2 and I bet UNI dumps them on that abysmal red turf faster than biscuits and gravy leave the Golden Corral breakfast buffet.

speaking of biscuits and gravy, a friend of mine butchered a hog about a month ago and I bought 30 lbs. of sausage off him. Just got it up to my place yesterday and made my first batch of B&G this morning. It was fvcking awesome and that's no shit.

I might be somewhat biased as living here in Utah I've watched their program grow I think SUU has a shot of potentially making it back to the playoffs. Losing they're starting quarterback and three nfl-caliber defensive players will hurt but they are returning a very veteran unit with 15 starters total and a transfer QB from BYU who has starting experience (bowl game vs Memphis). I don't expect them to beat BYU or Utah however looking over the rest of their FCS schedule it's not out of the question that they could get seven or eight wins. They are actually the one team we face at home this season that actually presents a real threat, especially considering we choked horribly against Weber State last year.

HelenaHandBasket said:
BigSkyBears said:
alabamagrizzly said:
BigSkyBears said:
A WR and........

Da Bears only wish they had the QB issues that EWU has.

I think UNC has one of the best QB's in the conference in Jacob Knipp. He will be a redshirt sophomore this year, so he's still pretty young. I'm not worried about the offense at all, but rather the defense. The Bears are inexperienced in the secondary.

Back