• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Team Loss

PlayerRep

It was a team loss. Too bad. Much good to go with the bad. O much improved, except for the turnovers. Turnovers kill you. TO's not completely BG's fault.

Life will go on. CP is a good team. I like this team, and both sides of the ball, and they have much potential.

We need more production out of Louis-McGee. He needs to break more plays. Why give him 21 receptions if he's not going to take more to the house. Obviously, kidding. He is a tremendous player. Catches everything. Very very exciting; actually electric.

Agree with you. I'm disappointed on the outcome, but this team has a lot of potential and will only get better. I think we can compete with anybody.

Not the end of the world. NDSU lost two games during the regular season last year. Lot of season left.

he reminds me a bit of jefferson heidelberger, fun to watch with the ability to score, so don't look away.

tough loss, turnovers and lst and goal on the 6, getting beat on the blown coverage for 6 and the last series of downs

an improved effort for the most part

Stitt is a 66% winning percentage guy. History proves it both at UM and Before. You shouldn't be surprised.

We all had concerns over the triple option. Take into consideration this is Seymors first rodeo as coordinator against that type of Offense. Let's hope that this loss is that kick in the ass this team might need to not want to feel that sting again.
I for one will be glad when the day comes Tim Walsh retires! That guy even at PSU seems to have a number for the Griz.

Pissed we lost. Let's build off it!

Great effort by the Griz overall. A few key mistakes, but great game. 14 points off two sad TO's were the difference, too much to overcome in this game, but they almost did pull it out, put themselves in position to win at the end. Most fans will remain firmly in the chicken little perspective following a disappointing loss, but honestly there was a lot to feel good about from this game. Cal Poly is no slouch.

Jaymerz said:
Great effort by the Griz overall. A few key mistakes, but great game. 14 points off two sad TO's were the difference, too much to overcome in this game, but they almost did pull it out, put themselves in position to win at the end. Most fans will remain firmly in the chicken little perspective following a disappointing loss, but honestly there was a lot to feel good about from this game. Cal Poly is no slouch.

How I feel as well.

Please let CP win bunches of games this year and be in contention for the conf championship making this loss "meaningful."

Agree, there were costly mistakes in every phase today. Not really sure how you can say the turnovers were too much to overcome when, A. The Griz had the lead for a good portion of the second half, and B. Had a chance to go win the game at the end. They didn't do it, but it seems to me the they overcame two first-half turnovers just fine. Now, if you said the turnovers prevented the Griz from scoring 50 and blowing CP out of the Spanos, then yeah, I agree, but I thought the Griz overcome the two turnovers just fine.

Good post, PR.

Plenty of blame to go around and there were mistakes made all around.

Things I liked:

• Brady played a good game. Showed good accuracy and made good decisions. Had some really pretty throws and had more command out there.

WR played much better. Looked much more comfortable out there and got to the right spots. Much more on the same page with Brady today. They clearly put some work in.

Calhoun had a good game at RB. We were struggling to run the ball and then had some success after we put him in. That may be the wearing down of the defense a bit, but I also think Calhoun hits the hole much quicker with more explosiveness.

The DL played pretty well. Held the line of scrimmage and didn't allow much inside the tackles, except for a few late

The screen plays looked a lot better and were very well executed

Things I didn't like:

• The defense didn't contain the pitch read very well. Kidder was lined up in the C gap most of the game, which left contain to the OLB, which Poly did a great job blocking and getting guys down field. They made hay on the pitch all game. Our secondary helped blow some of those plays up later (Reynard) but too little too late. This also clearly impacted the safety play. The safeties would hesitate and then lose their coverage responsibilities.

Yamen had a bad game. Hopefully he is knocking the rust off. In that case, I kind of wish they would have rotated in Sandry a bit more.

The turnovers deep in our own territory killed us. Some of that is on Brady, some of that is on the OL. On the tip interception that was just a very good play by their DL to get up and get the ball. On the fumble that was a missed blocking assignment. Watching that play again, it appeared that the pre-read had that rush picked up, but nobody touched him. Brady has a long release, so some time where he only has his throwing hand on the ball that makes a fumble vulnerable.

The run game. Seemed like all the run plays were dive plays. As a DB and MLB, that makes your job easier. It would be good to see more variation in the run offense. We saw one counter with Calhoun that ended up being a good run

Last offensive series. We had the big pickup by Nguyn on a very well executed play. Got close to field goal range and then the offense looked like it was very tentative. I don't know if that was the play calling or the players, but it was bad and a lost opportunity to use momentum to score. Maybe they were trying to keep the plays short to eat up clock and limit Poly's time to have the ball back at the end of the game, but it ended up in a very long FG attempt at sea level

Just my opinion based on observation watching on the television. Hate to be critical of the coaching as Stitt and Semore know way way way more than I do. Regardless, it is a tough loss. On the positive side we improved on a lot of things and won't have to worry about defending a triple option offense of that effectiveness for a while.

Overall I saw a lot to like. Take away even one of those turnover this was a win. Lot of season left. Tons of Potential here.

All comments colored maroon glasses! As long as we throw left and we throw right, we will never contend with the top teams! Again, throw the ball up the field! Last drive was conservative at best. Stitt's fault! I didn't see one pass up the field past 10 yards. Thank god for JLM, but he is going to get worn out! Stitt, throw the damn ball up the field!

reinell30 said:
All comments colored maroon glasses! As long as we throw left and we throw right, we will never contend with the top teams! Again, throw the ball up the field! Last drive was conservative at best. Stitt's fault! I didn't see one pass up the field past 10 yards. Thank god for JLM, but he is going to get worn out! Stitt, throw the damn ball up the field!

Not sure why he didn't stretch the field more, they were able to come up and close the cushion on JLM and Griz didn't make them pay deep or at least make them respect it.

the offensive game plan worked exceptionally well. You can't pin this loss on the O. D just didn't show up.

Back