• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tough loss but a good game

grizare#1

Feel bad for the team as it was a tough fought game, but as we all know you just can't hand points over to good teams and those short yardage turnovers were the difference in this game. Couple of blown coverage deep balls did not help either. Glad to see the Offense is starting to open up a bit and the D will get it together and regroup for the long stretch. Now we get to come home to WGS for the next few games and build a streak.
JLM, WHAT A DUDE. Its going to be fun watching him the next few year. Don't see guys like that come along to often .
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO GRIZZZZZZZ

Never been calmer after a loss. I like this team and this defense will give normal offenses a very hard time. I think we saw more of a typical " stitt" offense today and they will build off it.
I will avoid the negative posts and enjoy the ride I really feel that this year will be special!

JLM is a heck of a football player. Great game, and I wish Montana all the best for the rest of the season,
unless we meet on the playoffs. The Griz are a really good team, don't get down on them,someone had to win.

Mavman said:
Never been calmer after a loss. I like this team and this defense will give normal offenses a very hard time. I think we saw more of a typical " stitt" offense today and they will build off it.
I will avoid the negative posts and enjoy the ride I really feel that this year will be special!
I'm in the same boat as you. We should have won this one, and it was clear we were the better team.....however we just made some really poorly timed mistakes in our own territory, and they capitalized on EVERYTHING with touchdowns.

Yesterday, we saw a Griz team that is going to win a lot of football games this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully this year is similar to our 1995 season. Had a tough loss in the middle of the season but built it into a national title! Keep your heads up boys and keep improving! Go Griz

brewskis said:
Mavman said:
I'm in the same boat as you. We should have won this one, and it was clear we were the better team.....however we just made some really poorly timed mistakes in our own territory, and they capitalized on EVERYTHING with touchdowns.

Yesterday, we saw a Griz team that is going to win a lot of football games this season.

I'm on board. It was a good game, Stitt and Co showed flashes of the future and it looks bright.

brewskis said:
Mavman said:

For some strange reason, I too was calmer over this loss than ever before. I for one, picked the Griz to undefeated in the regular season this year, now I am wrong! As Gus made two turnovers, it was a collective effort of the offense that caused those turnovers. This O-line is bigger, but they just can't block well. Ok, 10-1 now!

Shouldn't drop too far after a loss like this! Team played hard. Southern Utah is going to get a fired up, pissed off team next week!

reinell30 said:
brewskis said:
Mavman said:

For some strange reason, I too was calmer over this loss than ever before. I for one, picked the Griz to undefeated in the regular season this year, now I am wrong! As Gus made two turnovers, it was a collective effort of the offense that caused those turnovers. This O-line is bigger, but they just can't block well. Ok, 10-1 now!

maybe we're all just really used to losing to Cal Poly at this point...

BozAngelesGriz said:
reinell30 said:
brewskis said:
Mavman said:

maybe we're all just really used to losing to Cal Poly at this point...

I don't know about used to it, but I don't think we're as arrogant about Cal Poly games as we used to be.

Agree on many points. A game that could have been won. Cal Poly is a very good team. I don't look for them to stumble like last year. Passing game was great but can still improve on the long ball. Run blocking has to improve. This team is going to win a lot of games. SUU is in for a game with a pissed off Grizzly this weekend!

brewskis said:
Mavman said:

+3. Unlike how I felt after the St. Francis game, and even after the win in Iowa....I feel surreally calm right now....things are good. We'll be fine.

I don't know what all you guys are talking about I was so pissed. Rarely am I that pissed, I hate Cal Poly and I hate it when you play great ball and still lose. Silver lining is that you can learn and build off of a tough loss. I hate the triple option and feel like it is some BS gimmick of an offense, you don't need a QB to run it, just another RB who can maybe throw a little bit. I am so glad we don't have to play them next year. I know we can beat them I just can't stand playing them.

grizfan406 said:
I hate the triple option and feel like it is some BS gimmick of an offense, you don't need a QB to run it, just another RB who can maybe throw a little bit. I am so glad we don't have to play them next year.
Everyone should be required to run an offense we prefer to defend.

kemajic said:
grizfan47 said:
Cal Poly is a very good team. I don't look for them to stumble like last year.
Their D is average; EWU will carve them up.
I think you're both kinda wrong. I agree Ewho will likely destroy CP. But I don't necessarily think it's because CP's D is average. Instead, like most years, we play CP early in the year. They will fade like always. CP's O is not built for the long run. It's too taxing on them. One of their big three will likely get hurt. Hell even in our game, all three of them seemed to get temporarily hurt

You are what I thought you were. You'll lose to EWU and NAU. You'll lose to either SUU or MSU, probably not both. You'll win your other games. That puts you at likely 7-4 with an outside shot at 8-3. Bubble team.

poorgriz said:
You are what I thought you were. You'll lose to EWU and NAU. You'll lose to either SUU or MSU, probably not both. You'll win your other games. That puts you at likely 7-4 with an outside shot at 8-3. Bubble team.

You are delusional. They will not lose to the cats. I say split between NAU and EWU. at least 8-3 maybe 9-2. Mean while cats will mos tliekly win 2 or three of the remaining games. 4-7 maybe 5-6 puttycats.

garizzalies said:
kemajic said:
grizfan47 said:
Cal Poly is a very good team. I don't look for them to stumble like last year.
Their D is average; EWU will carve them up.
I think you're both kinda wrong. I agree Ewho will likely destroy CP. But I don't necessarily think it's because CP's D is average. Instead, like most years, we play CP early in the year. They will fade like always. CP's O is not built for the long run. It's too taxing on them. One of their big three will likely get hurt. Hell even in our game, all three of them seemed to get temporarily hurt
I'm not wrong; they give up 30 a game now. That probably translates to over 50 for EWU.

RayWill said:
poorgriz said:

You are delusional. They will not lose to the cats. I say split between NAU and EWU. at least 8-3 maybe 9-2. Mean while cats will mos tliekly win 2 or three of the remaining games. 4-7 maybe 5-6 puttycats.
Stitt has venom for Gregorak; he will torch him for over 50 and not back off like last year.

Latest posts

Back