• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Shouldn't we be expecting a hell of a lot more by now?

Silvertip

Those eternal optimists who believe the sack of scat wrapped in maroon and silver Xmas ribbon is just a pony that got away should feel free to hum along...

http://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=rose+colored+glasses+song+youtube+farm+aid&s_it=video-ans&sfVid=true&videoId=F66F2199DA52E13E1EBCF66F2199DA52E13E1EB

(John Conlee's 3:31 version)

Three game home stand just what we need to get us back on the rails. A 5-1 record going into the EWU NAU road trip is gonna happen!

Sam A. Blitz said:
It is one loss against a very good team on the road... The overreacting and whining on here...
I don't really see much overreacting or whining. Interestingly, many of the same posters who, two weeks ago blustered that they'd much rather have an ugly win than a beautiful loss, are suddenly much more accepting of beautiful losses.

I had expected Defense control and an Offensive struggle. Got it backwards, but we also had a very good performance from the "good" Gus." For all the talent of JLM, he got used too much. CP figured it out, and just letting him get piled on in successive plays is going to get him hurt. He's not built like Nuygen.

I don't give a rip about the significance of one game... my displeasure has a much longer historical reach. Half a century of treading water in the BSC should have the Griz competing somewhere else by now rather than on a pleasant sunny September Saturday in SLO. Ahh, the low-bar expectations of GrizNation...so easily satisfied.

Silvertip said:
I don't give a rip about the significance of one game... my displeasure has a much longer historical reach. Half a century of treading water in the BSC should have the Griz competing somewhere else by now rather than on a pleasant sunny September Saturday in SLO. Ahh, the low-bar expectations of GrizNation...so easily satisfied.
Dominance comes from consistency (see NDSU). We haven't had that for many years and there are few signs it's returning. With the way enrollment is going and the way UM is being run, be careful about wanting "somewhere else." It may not be a good place.

kemajic said:
Silvertip said:
Dominance comes from consistency (see NDSU). We haven't had that for many years and there are few signs it's returning. With the way enrollment is going and the way UM is being run, be careful about wanting "somewhere else." It may not be a good place.

What was UM's enrollment in 1995 and 2001?

Mousegriz said:
kemajic said:
Silvertip said:

What was UM's enrollment in 1995 and 2001?
You mean before we took on the costs of maintaining Dennison's legacy building spree and faculty/staff expansion? Not sure; do the research; more than today's 12,000 would be my guess.

The enrollment in '95 is irrelevant ... other schools have been increasing as we've gone down by a huge number. It's a relative thing and at the rate it's going, we're likely to be a Frontier power house in a few years as "little brother" moves up with out us.

Might be able to win a few championships in the Frontier conference

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OmegaGRIZ said:
Might be able to win a few championships in the Frontier conference

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

i don't mean to offend anyone, but... that was funny.

I will say it again and again and I have pounded my thoughts at Royce Engstrom. If our football team becomes a winning clean outfit tons of kids will want to attend the U of M. Yes, we will increase our enrollement if we have a great winning tradition with our football program.
The stupid way Engstrom delt with our overblown rape issues was the start of the hugh decline.
Dumb... and he is still in charge.
Yes, I expect more!

Yes, we've seen how our superior teams have helped us outstrip MSU and its lesser teams in enrollment for several years, now ... proof positive that students pick a University on the basis of sports programs.

Umista said:
I will say it again and again and I have pounded my thoughts at Royce Engstrom. If our football team becomes a winning clean outfit tons of kids will want to attend the U of M. Yes, we will increase our enrollement if we have a great winning tradition with our football program.
The stupid way Engstrom delt with our overblown rape issues was the start of the hugh decline.
Dumb... and he is still in charge.
Yes, I expect more!

:lol:

Two turnovers accounting for 14 points in a one point loss to a tough team on the road. You are nuts.

TxGriz said:
Two turnovers accounting for 14 points in a one point loss to a tough team on the road. You are nuts.

Add in the missed tackles, the missed reads on the passing touchdowns, etc and the Griz could have held them scoreless.

Turnovers like every other thing in the game leads to the final result. To think otherwise is nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back