• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Everything right and it's still wrong.

SaskGriz

DONOR
Griz score a TD on their opening drive, only one or two three and outs, no big special team plays against us, d holds Poly to 120 yards under their average rushing day, Brady sets passing records. Everything most of us Griz fans hoped for and yet......

That's what makes the journey so amazing, sometimes your team is good and the other one is better.

And yet we still need a 245 pound running back and and a few more running plays to pick up a 3rd and short so Brady doesnt always have to make a 25 yard pass for a 3 yard gain. Also, I love Cal Poly. Hate 'em, I mean. But you gotta love that they bring it every year.

Cal Poly has taken over for EWU as far as having our number. I don't get too wrapped up in a CP loss any more...

'68griz said:
I don't think we're going to have a 245-pound running back any time in the near future. JMO

One we had verballed, just committed to Texas Tech. :twisted:

Buttegrizzle said:
And yet we still need a 245 pound running back and and a few more running plays to pick up a 3rd and short so Brady doesnt always have to make a 25 yard pass for a 3 yard gain. Also, I love Cal Poly. Hate 'em, I mean. But you gotta love that they bring it every year.

Look at Holden Ryan for that back. I watched him at Blgs Central and he has talent.
Cal Poly's offense is fun to watch. Run Run run burn em long over the middle. You would think after all these years our coaches would know what to expect.

SaskGriz said:
Griz score a TD on their opening drive, only one or two three and outs, no big special team plays against us, d holds Poly to 120 yards under their average rushing day, Brady sets passing records. Everything most of us Griz fans hoped for and yet......

That's what makes the journey so amazing, sometimes your team is good and the other one is better.

You should hold someone under their average when you are giving them such a short field to score on and you only have a couple three and outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'68griz said:
I don't think we're going to have a 245-pound running back any time in the near future. JMO

Didn't some coach ask if there was a size limit in running back ?

Bscwatcher said:
SaskGriz said:

You should hold someone under their average when you are giving them such a short field to score on and you only have a couple three and outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True

Team stats that stuck out, UM 3 fumbles 2 lost and one INT, CP 3 fumbles 1 lost and 0 INT. CP 14 PTS off turnovers, UM 0 PTS off turnovers.

INT was a great DL tip and the one time I wish Jon was a little shorter when he Knocked the ball out of Brady's hand with his helmet. The Griz D needed to hold one of those turnovers to a field goal.

Griz had two punts and CP had five punts. Turnovers and points off turnovers. Also, attitude in pressure situations CP gives up big play on Griz last possession and then shut down O and force long FG, young kicker kicks like a young kicker under pressure, last year Vega had ice in his veins.

Diesel said:
Team stats that stuck out, UM 3 fumbles 2 lost and one INT, CP 3 fumbles 1 lost and 0 INT. CP 14 PTS off turnovers, UM 0 PTS off turnovers.

INT was a great DL tip and the one time I wish Jon was a little shorter when he Knocked the ball out of Brady's hand with his helmet. The Griz D needed to hold one of those turnovers to a field goal.

Griz had two punts and CP had five punts. Turnovers and points off turnovers. Also, attitude in pressure situations CP gives up big play on Griz last possession and then shut down O and force long FG, young kicker kicks like a young kicker under pressure, last year Vega had ice in his veins.

just to add...........3 plays netting negative yards due to play-calling/execution he has to make a 48 yarder instead of a 35 or less.....

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Cal Poly's offense is fun to watch. Run Run run burn em long over the middle. You would think after all these years our coaches would know what to expect.
I have no doubt the coaches knew exactly what to expect. In fact, as I recall from another thread, Stitt said just that -- to clamp down on that style of running attack you have to have your safeties play man-to-man ("on an island," in the parlance) all/most of the time. You can switch up now and then, but then -- with the scrimmage line D out-numbered by blockers -- you risk getting gashed by the big running play. In fact, in that scenario, one missed tackle can mean 6 points (on the ground). So you pick your poison.

It's about execution and playing assignment football (which I said in the discussion before the game). The deep guys have to play cover and not try to cheat down to help against the run. The run is someone else's assignment. But good ball handling can fool anyone into being "sure" it's a run ... and the temptation to go help is irresistible. Some of us who are really old can remember when coaches started doing the "pull up and throw" out of the single-wing offense. (Single wing was once very common in high school football.) As I recall, some coaches hated the notion so much, they tried to get a rule passed against it. :lol:

Looking forward to some home cooking. SUU is going to have an angry bear and loud crowd to deal with.

I think Southern Utah is not the "gimme" that Griz fans are expecting. This is going to be a very good game. SUU has some great talent, a good coach, and an attitude...

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Look at Holden Ryan for that back. I watched him at Blgs Central and he has talent.

agree here with blgs griz fan,,,,ryan could play in that 230 pound area and be real short yardage night mare for teams....he also would be pretty darn fast at that weight....

Stitty press.conference today mentioned he would like to throw JLM 21 times every game but teams will do something to stop it so other things will open up.....NO SHIT STITT like the 3rd and 4th quarter at Poly but kept throwing to him...make some adjustments and it is a win.

krammer said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Buttegrizzle said:

agree here with blgs griz fan,,,,ryan could play in that 230 pound area and be real short yardage night mare for teams....he also would be pretty darn fast at that weight....

Sure could but for some unknown reason he isn't used....wasting talent where it could be used (and is needed)

GrizLA said:
I think Southern Utah is not the "gimme" that Griz fans are expecting.
What Griz fans are that stupid? They are the defending BSC champions; their D is far superior to CPSLO's.

kemajic said:
GrizLA said:
I think Southern Utah is not the "gimme" that Griz fans are expecting.
What Griz fans are that stupid? They are the defending BSC champions; their D is far superior to CPSLO's.

Shaping up to be the toughest of the regular season home games.

Back