• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Schedule 10/1

IdaGriz01

Finals
#1 North Dakota State (4-0) Beat #18 Illinois State (2-3) 31-10
#2 Sam Houston State (4-0) Beat Stephen F. Austin (3-2) 63-28
#3 Jacksonville State (3-1) BYE
#4 Eastern Washington (4-1) Beat UC-Davis (1-3) 63-30
#5 Chattanooga (5-0) Beat East Tennessee State (2-2) 37-7
#6 Richmond (3-1) Beat Towson (1-2) 31-28
#7 James Madison (4-1) Beat Delaware (2-2) 43-20
#8 Western Illinois (3-1) Lost at #15 South Dakota State (2-2) 52-14
#9 Citadel (4-0) Beat Western Carolina (1-3) 37-14
#10 Charleston Southern (3-2) Beat #14 Coastal Carolina (3-2) 59-58 in 2OT
#11 Montana (3-1) Beat Southern Utah (2-2) 43-20
#12 Northern Iowa (2-2) Beat Southern Illinois (2-2) 42-21
#13 Eastern Illinois (3-2) Lost at SE Missouri State (2-3) 21-14
#14 Coastal Carolina (3-2) Lost #10 Charleston Southern (3-2) 59-58 in 2OT
#15 South Dakota State (2-2) Beat #8 Western Illinois (3-1) 52-14
#16 Cal Poly (3-2) Lost to North Dakota (3-2) 31-24
#17 Villanova (4-1) Beat Elon (2-3) 42-7
#18 Illinois State (2-2) Lost at #1 NDSU (3-0) 31-10
#19 William & Mary (2-3) Lost to New Hampshire (3-2) 21-12
#20 Youngstown State (3-1) Beat South Dakota (1-3) 30-20
#21 Albany (4-0) BYE
#22 North Carolina A&T (3-1) Beat Hampton (1-3) 31-9
#23 McNeese (3-1) Beat Nicholls St. (1-3) 38-13
#24 Indiana State (3-2) Lost to Missouri State (3-1) 45-24
#25 Harvard (3-0) Beat Georgetown (3-1) 31-7

Other Big Sky Games
Weber St. BYE
NAU (1-4) Lost at No. Colorado (3-1) 21-18
ISU (2-3) Lost to PSU (2-3) 45-20
MSU (2-3) Lost to Sac St. (1-4) 41-38

Cue the "Montana is ranked too high" posts! :lol:

In all seriousness, this is a good spot. Allows us to keep winning and climb higher heading into our tougher games. And good to see Cal Poly get some respect, jumping all the way to #16.

Well, my poll guesses were pretty good, for the most part … except kinda in the middle where they managed to surprise me a few times. Nailed the prediction for the Griz and my revised (after the nice STATS.com article) position for Cal Poly was also right on. I also nailed the jump they gave to Western Illinois for their FBS upset.

For the Griz, we can look at the bright side: the other two top-10 teams that lost got absolutely hammered by the pollsters. I had William & Mary dropping from #8 to #14 after their loss to unranked Elon -- but they got pushed down to #19. Ouch. (But I’m not crying.) I had Illinois State dropping from #9 to #12 after they lost to a pretty good, but also unranked Indiana State team. Instead, the pollsters crushed them all the way down to #18. Double-ouch. As I predicted, Indiana State moved into the top-25, even though they had received just one vote in the previous poll.

I correctly dropped Stony Brook, Colgate and Portland State and got two of the three “replacements” right. Then, given a choice between Harvard and Stephen F. Austin, I pick SFA … although I did say I wouldn’t be surprised if the pollsters went the other way, and they did. There's a set of pollsters who just love it when they can put Harvard in the top-25. Not that Harvard isn't a good team. But the Ivy is not a strong football conference and... what's the point?

Have to agree -- totally -- with those who question the position of SDSU in the poll. (They are, however, exactly where I predicted they’d be.) Yes, one of their losses was to a highly-ranked FBS opponent. But their only win was over Drake, which is ranked something like 210 in the football power index. (For comparison, Northern Colorado sits at 194 on that particular list.) After a bye week (which helped preserve their undeserved, IMO, ranking), they get to play Western Illinois next. If they want to keep their spot, they need to win, or at least not get blown out.

We got home cooking for the next three weeks. West Coast Fly Sweep Option is rolling and triple option is behind us. Go Griz!!!

Give it a few weeks and SDSU will get to where they belong. There is some MVFC and BSC bias in the polls but I am just glad Cal Poly finally got some love. They still are a little low imo, the fact that they are below SDSU is straight comical.

I think where we are ranked is pretty fair. The Cal-Poly game wasn't our best. Now that the Triple-Option is behind us, I think we will be more than fine.

reinell30 said:
SUU will not be a cake walk... I think they will give us all we can handle...

Nobody should think any game the rest of the season will be a cake walk (minus the Cat game). ;)

get'em_griz said:
reinell30 said:
Where the hell is Kennesaw State?
Georgia.
Specifically, in the little town of Kennesaw ... which is basically a suburb of Atlanta, about 20 miles from downtown. It's on the freeway, so I imagine a lot of people commute from there. The last time we drove through that area, the freeway traffic was murder anywhere within 20-40 miles of Atlanta. Thanks, but no thanks.

This weekend might help the Big Sky catch up to MVFC in number of top 25 ranked teams.
As it stands Big Sky Conference has 3 (EWU, UM, and Cal Poly) to MVFC's 7 (NDSU,WIU, UNI, SDSU, ISU (redbirds),YSU, and ISU. None of the Big Sky Ranked teams face each other this weekend ( EWU Vs UC Davis, UM Vs. SUU, and Cal Poly Vs. UND); but on the MVFC side of things two matchups have ranked teams facing each other ( NDSU vs ISU (Redbirds) and WIU Vs. SDSU ).

big kahuna said:
I would love to know how the Bobcats are still getting votes. That's a brutally bad offense.
9aa4a43ac66341c335d4cf3ecdf4bb25.jpg

Back