• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

CALHOUNS

gator said:
BOTH CALHOUNS LOOK GREAT .I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM BOTH MORE INVOLVED...

Jeremy had a very good outing against Poly. It'll be interesting to see how Stitt uses him moving forward. Permanent starter?

CV Griz Fan said:
gator said:

Jeremy had a very good outing against Poly. It'll be interesting to see how Stitt uses him moving forward. Permanent starter?
Looked the bit to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We still need to find a way to take the top off once in awhile, even if it's unsuccessful most of the time. I know, that requires the offensive line to actually block for a 5-step drop every now and then without getting Brady killed, and it also requires Brady to either accept a play call for a longer pass and not opt out for an easier route, but we really need Calhoun, Homan, or Curran (or one of the other outside guys) to become a threat deep.

Otherwise, JLM will be broken before we get halfway through the season. If he's used properly, he could eventually be an all-time Griz great, maybe the best ever, but he can't do it all on his own. Even Cooper Kupp isn't targeted by his QBs on nearly half of their passes. EWU has other weapons, and isn't afraid to use them.

Don't mean to hijack this thread. Offered for my opinion that Calhoun (or another outside guy) has to become more than a good short yardage target. If one of them can start having some success deep, that only makes JLM more dangerous, because it means that the whole defensive backfield can't tee off on him.

I think the Calhoun-2-Calhoun "Touchdown Makers" has been a great combo for us so far. What has it been about three times this year where Justin caught a great ball and got us down to the 1 yard line and Jeremy punched it in? This derives from my friends and I's love of Family Guy's "Gumble 2 Gumble" segment! The only problem with the combo is Justin has not received credit for the TD's by Jeremy. Hopefully he gets a few this year!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1zI7tdOOe0[/youtube]

gator said:

Justin Calhoun was the #2 (second best) receiver during the most recent game (cal poly). 8 rec.....63 yards.....0 TD.....22 Long.....7.9 avg.

That's pretty involved... :thumb: (I agree though, that both are dynamic players) :thumb:

CrunchGriz said:
We still need to find a way to take the top off once in awhile, even if it's unsuccessful most of the time. I know, that requires the offensive line to actually block for a 5-step drop every now and then without getting Brady killed, and it also requires Brady to either accept a play call for a longer pass and not opt out for an easier route, but we really need Calhoun, Homan, or Curran (or one of the other outside guys) to become a threat deep.

Otherwise, JLM will be broken before we get halfway through the season. If he's used properly, he could eventually be an all-time Griz great, maybe the best ever, but he can't do it all on his own. Even Cooper Kupp isn't targeted by his QBs on nearly half of their passes. EWU has other weapons, and isn't afraid to use them.

Don't mean to hijack this thread. Offered for my opinion that Calhoun (or another outside guy) has to become more than a good short yardage target. If one of them can start having some success deep, that only makes JLM more dangerous, because it means that the whole defensive backfield can't tee off on him.

:clap:

Even if it's a double move, it doesn't have to be just a straight go-route. We need to back these DBs OFF!

We need more go-roues, like the successful 75 yard (team season long) one to Keenan Curran, that caught the defense flat-footed and not suspecting it.

Back