• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SUU

Diesel

SUU looks like solid running game. Good defense.

They got almost 11 000 people to show up last week.

After almost a month since last home game, things should be rockin in Missoula Saturday.

Looking forward to this game, might need to bring ear plugs (for those around me) going to loose my voice.

Should be a great recovery game for the GRIZ. Expect great performances from the Calhoun Brothers, the defense, the Mr. Louie. Ah hell, the whole TEAM. GO GRIZ

I would guess the defense will have a big game. The defense did well against Uni and their rushing attack and the Griz d will want to get that bad taste out of thier mouths.
Offensively I loved the way they played against Poly. I have no problem with short passes moving on down the field, gets first down, gives D a rest and puts up points. It would be great if the running game could get more yards a game, and yes the offense needs to take a few vertical shots a game.

I'm still on the Stitt/Griz bandwagon and think this team can go along ways. #notjumping

They played really well against PSU! They have some talent! But for the Griz to face a normal offense-not CAL POLY-will be nice! The Griz are a 48 yard field goal away from 3-0. Go Griz!

From what little I have seen of SUU, I would say they pose a greater challenge to UM than Cal Poly did. Their 31 year old stud is going to need double coverage....I hate to say this as I am generally a "homer" but I think homecoming this year is going to be disappointing for UM....I hope I am wrong...but..............

GrizLA said:
From what little I have seen of SUU, I would say they pose a greater challenge to UM than Cal Poly did. Their 31 year old stud is going to need double coverage....I hate to say this as I am generally a "homer" but I think homecoming this year is going to be disappointing for UM....I hope I am wrong...but..............
So you think SUU at home is a bigger challenge then CP or UNI on the road? Please explain the reason, the matchups in their favor? I'm just curious, this will no doubt be a tough game.

I believe this game could set the tone for the rest of the season. A good bounce-back game against a very good SUU team (top 20 in one poll), and then get into the next road schedule against EWU and NAU with a 5-1 record and lots of confidence. We really need this next game.

GO GRIZ!

Stitt said that he wants Montana's crowd to be icing on the cake after a win, not the reason for the win, and I can't agree more with that statement. What once made Washington-Grizzly Stadium almost impossible to get a win at for visiting teams was due to very good Griz teams, and the crowd made it that much harder. I believe we are close to seeing that very good Griz team return, and hope we see it on Saturday. Like what was said in the other thread, put all three sides of the ball together and this team will be a major threat to any team.

GrizLA said:

One has to believe the Griz get the win at home....

CV Griz Fan said:
GrizLA said:

One has to believe the Griz get the win at home....

and we can do that as long as we dont turn the ball over.

I haven't seen SUU yet this season but have they really looked that good? Many Griz fans seem worried about this matchup....

CV Griz Fan said:
I haven't seen SUU yet this season but have they really looked that good? Many Griz fans seem worried about this matchup....

I haven't seen them personally. I am basing my opinon on a friend whose football insight I respect immensely and has a good feel for BSC teams. Can't go into much detail, but I'll just say he has a pretty good feel. He has SUU right behind EWU. Given that UM is a middle of the pack BSC team, I think this could be a tough go for the Griz.

Raider said:
CV Griz Fan said:

I haven't seen them personally. I am basing my opinon on a friend whose football insight I respect immensely and has a good feel for BSC teams. Can't go into much detail, but I'll just say he has a pretty good feel. He has SUU right behind EWU. Given that UM is a middle of the pack BSC team, I think this could be a tough go for the Griz.

I figured that since SUU lost a head coach and some players to the NFL they'd be in full rebuild mode.....I think the Griz have enough to get it done at home. I'm not saying that it won't be difficult but they usually play better in WGS.

Back