• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Be sure to check out

EverettGriz

DONOR
the very active SUU board. You can find it here.

http://www.bigskyfans.com/thunderbirds/viewforum.php?f=3

I love that Alpha and Colter are the only ones who have posted since 2013. :lol: I guess when alpha gets band here he gets so desperate he has to post on the SUU board.

Troll

The University of Montana Grizzlies. Champions of attendance, mascots and message board traffic.

Actual football.....well.............

Raider said:
The University of Montana Grizzlies. Champions of attendance, mascots and message board traffic.

Raider, you're a decent poster the majority of the time. But seriously, sometimes.... Name one program -- at any level-- that has has had the level of consistent success that Montana has enjoyed the last 30 years. It would might difficult, if not impossible. Yes, ndsu is the top dog right now; can they sustain a high level of success for 30 years? We'll see.

In the meantime, why not change to a new pair of underwear that doesn't chafe or whatever the hell it is that puts you in these moods, and just freakin' enjoy the ridiculous ride Montana is on?

EverettGriz said:
Raider said:

Raider, you're a decent poster the majority of the time. But seriously, sometimes.... Name one program -- at any level-- that has has had the level of consistent success that Montana has enjoyed the last 30 years. It would might difficult, if not impossible. Yes, ndsu is the top dog right now; can they sustain a high level of success for 30 years? We'll see.

In the meantime, why not change to a new pair of underwear that doesn't chafe or whatever the hell it is that puts you in these moods, and just freakin' enjoy the ridiculous ride Montana is on?

No chafing, but thanks for checking.

My point is that because Montana Football isn't what it used to be, posters are always trying to redirect attention how much better our stadium is....how much more traffic our message boards have.....how fat other fan bases are, etc. etc. etc. Sounds petty and desperate in my opinion.

...and frankly, we haven't had a "sustained level of success for the past 30 years". We haven't even been relevant the past half decade. That is a fact.

It doesn't mean that I have turned negative or anthing like that, nor does it mean that my support for the program has wavered. I just refuse to bury my head in the sand is all. I hope as much as anyone that Montana is Montana again someday.

Raider said:
EverettGriz said:
Raider said:

No chafing, but thanks for checking.

My point is that because Montana Football isn't what it used to be, posters are always trying to redirect attention how much better our stadium is....how much more traffic our message boards have.....how fat other fan bases are, etc. etc. etc. Sounds petty and desperate in my opinion.

...and frankly, we haven't had a "sustained level of success for the past 30 years". We haven't even been relevant the past half decade. That is a fact.

It doesn't mean that I have turned negative or anthing like that, nor does it mean that my support for the program has wavered. I just refuse to bury my head in the sand is all. I hope as much as anyone that Montana is Montana again someday.

Fair enough! :thumb:

Raider said:
I hope as much as anyone that Montana is Montana again someday.

What would that look like, exactly? Would we have threads about how great our football teams were? Would we just sit around trying to out-humble each other? What would this message board look like in your perfect world? Would we have to be serious all the time and talk "x's and o's?" Would we have to stop being smart-asses?

EverettGriz said:
Raider said:

fact check

NDSU is 282-82-1 over the past 30 years, a 71% winning percentage, with 9 National Championships
UM is 293-97 over the past 30 years, a 66% winning percentage, with 2 National Championships

JDoub said:
EverettGriz said:
Raider said:

fact check

NDSU is 282-82-1 over the past 30 years, a 71% winning percentage, with 9 National Championships
UM is 293-97 over the past 30 years, a 66% winning percentage, with 2 National Championships

Woo, there Big Shooter, might want to tap the breaks on that. NDSU hasn't even been a div 2 football team for 30 years, they only moved into our "div 2" in about 2004 so let's dial that back when we try to post their record. And before anybody with a straight edge and a protractor wants to correct me, hear me out; The FBS is div 1, because they are a division and they are the top division, that makes us div 2, and it goes down from there. It's like the old Football Association in England naming Div. 1, the premiership, Div 2, the championship and Div 3, Div 1. "A rose by any other name" If I go to Pizza Hut and they say they have three pizzas; XL, L, and Medium, I know one is really a small.

SaskGriz said:
JDoub said:
EverettGriz said:
Raider said:

fact check

Woo, there Big Shooter, might want to tap the breaks on that. NDSU hasn't even been a div 2 football team for 30 years, they only moved into our "div 2" in about 2004 so let's dial that back when we try to post their record. And before anybody with a straight edge and a protractor wants to correct me, hear me out; The FBS is div 1, because they are a division and they are the top division, that makes us div 2, and it goes down from there. It's like the old Football Association in England naming Div. 1, the premiership, Div 2, the championship and Div 3, Div 1. "A rose by any other name" If I go to Pizza Hut and they say they have three pizzas; XL, L, and Medium, I know one is really a small.

Nothing against NDSU but you have a good point. Didn't they beat us when they were still a small pizza?
Anybody have the stats for the Cats for the last 30 years?

SaskGriz said:
JDoub said:
EverettGriz said:
Raider said:

fact check

so sorry to put facts in the way. I see the error of my ways now.

no, no way can NDSU sustain their past 30 history of success, since that would get in the way of the narrative that the L griz pizza is the best, and has been the best for 30 years. Just cause M bizon pizza has been the best, and the L bizon pizza was also named best in class 5 times in 8 years of making Large Pizzas, they still just don't understand what it takes to keep it up for 14 more years. I'm sure they'll start making shit pizza anytime.

I believe Mount Union, Wisconsin-Whitewater and Carroll might be kicking our ass in winning % also. Damn.

SaskGriz said:
JDoub said:
EverettGriz said:
Raider said:

fact check

I always get confused at Starbucks, 'Grande' is really a small (I think), what's a medium?

mcg said:
SaskGriz said:
JDoub said:
EverettGriz said:

fact check

I always get confused at Starbucks, 'Grande' is really a small (I think), what's a medium?

$12

blackfoot griz said:
Nothing against NDSU but you have a good point. Didn't they beat us when they were still a small pizza?

NDSU beat UM twice when NDSU was a medium pizza and UM was a large pizza

2003 when NDSU was Div II in Missoula
1941 when NDSU was "small college" and UM was "university / major college"

NDSU is 5-4 all-time against UM, regardless of pizza size

jodcon said:
I believe Mount Union, Wisconsin-Whitewater and Carroll might be kicking our ass in winning % also. Damn.

NDSU has 5 FCS National Championships in 8 years of competing in the FCS. (and 10 more in lower divisions)

UM has 2 FCS National Championships in 37 years of competing in the FCS.

bizon pizza is just better than grizzly bear pizza, no matter what size you order.

Back