• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thanks for the laughs gang!

Mavman

Some of you posters are just too funny.
If someone had posted before Stitt was hired that he would, beat Ndsu to start his coaching carreer and be 3-1 against Mvfc teams including a victory at UNI, plus a complete mauling of EWU and Msu his first season there would have been 20 pages telling that person to lay of the drugs. He has done just that folks and has had two very good recruiting classes. So tell me how come this board has such a negative feel these days? How come nothing is good enough? How come when the Griz beat a team, that team is now looked at as weak and not as good of win as before the game (uni)? This week folks are posting that SUU is best defense Griz will play all season, when the Griz win someone will come on hear and say well look at SUU games they had not played anybody.
I swear that the Griz could win by 50 points in a game and posters would bitch that they did not win by running plays that the posters wanted them to :roll:
Oh yeah and gameday threads are pure fricking gold, holy shit one turnover or opponents td can cause people to lose their minds.
No for the record I do not think everything is sunshine and rainbows and yes there are always things to critique.
I just think some people do not even enjoy being fans anymore the way they post!

Any ways thanks for the laughs I stop by everyday to see how shitty the QB is or how 75 continues to use the word offensive genius to bash Stitt or to find out why the next team will kick the Griz ass.

Mavman said:
If someone had posted before Stitt was hired that he would, beat Ndsu to start his coaching carreer and be 3-1 against Mvfc teams including a victory at UNI, plus a complete mauling of EWU and Msu his first season there would have been 20 pages telling that person to lay of the drugs. He has done just that folks and has had two very good recruiting classes. So tell me how come this board has such a negative feel these days? How come nothing is good enough? How come when the Griz beat a team, that team is now looked at as weak and not as good of win as before the game (uni)? This week folks are posting that SUU is best defense Griz will play all season, when the Griz win someone will come on hear and say well look at SUU games they had not played anybody.
I swear that the Griz could win by 50 points in a game and posters would bitch that they did not win by running plays that the posters wanted them to :roll:
Oh yeah and gameday threads are pure fricking gold, holy shit one turnover or opponents td can cause people to lose their minds.
No for the record I do not think everything is sunshine and rainbows and yes there are always things to critique.
I just think some people do not even enjoy being fans anymore the way they post!

Any ways thanks for the laughs I stop by everyday to see how shitty the QB is or how 75 continues to use the word offensive genius to bash Stitt or to find out why the next team will kick the Griz ass.
This posts reeks of sucrose. Get your head out of the sand and maybe you'll finally see that the sky is, in fact, falling. :coffee:

Mavman said:

But But But :lol: :lol: :thumb: :thumb:

It's sort of funny. Some folks on here truly hope that the Griz underperform for the sole reason so that they can bash Stitt. The same lot also pulls for the cats defense so that they can somehow make Stitt out to have made a mistake in giving Ty the boot.

It's hilarious and small. And I, for one, hope that MSU loses every single game this season while we win out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mavman said:

Typical sugarcoated post...you could be a Griz apologist.

"This one time, at band camp, we beat NDSU and they won it all that year!"

When you should be saying..."and then we got our ass kicked by Weber and Poly...twice...this team is toast."

Always look for the dark cloud covering that silver lining, that's the motto here.

I think its laughable that any objective view of a coach's performance incites the 12th graders in the fan base to pitchforks and tar. It is unfortunate for a coach to be judged by the fantastic claims of those of his fans blinded by their myopia, but its simply disingenuous for those same fans to try and absolve themselves of blame for misguided expectations by pretending they are not the problem in the first place.

Its like a bunch of little kids running around pointing their fingers on the playground.

Give the guy a chance, but don't put any coach on a pedestal before they've earned it.

Did Stitt live up to the hype created by a small group of egriz posters who were eager to shut down any objective criticism of Stitt by endless trolling and ad hominem attacking? At this point, Griz Nation realizes that he didn't. The excuse making is underway: he needs three seasons, he needs his own recruits, he needs to keep the defense on the field so that the offense won't lose the ball (his own unique excuse), the WRs need more experience, the offense is still weak, he won't use the middle of the field, the Syrian refugee crisis needs to be resolved.

Any real fan can see some strengths and hope for improvements across the board. The players deserve top-notch consistent coaching and we all hope that it develops.

For the guys that are embarrassed by the roller-coaster of performance and expectations, well, they are laughing but it is the embarrassed and nervous laugh of those with lots of brag and bluster but not because we have the strong and confident team performances they blustered that we would surely have with Stitt.

We may still get it, but it won't because that bunch of sorry hangers-on and wagon-followers had anything to do with it.

brewskis said:
It's sort of funny. Some folks on here truly hope that the Griz underperform for the sole reason so that they can bash Stitt. The same lot also pulls for the cats defense so that they can somehow make Stitt out to have made a mistake in giving Ty the boot.
There's a lot of "projection" there. Over-the-top hyperbole must be what you need to make a phony case. Isn't your primary motivation, now, to hope that Stitt wins, not because it's a great thing for the Griz and UM, but because it would vindicate you?

Isn't that what is truly small and petty?

200.gif

Do you not really understand that in the second half of the UNI game the offense started inside their own 20yd line several times and the smart coaching move was to play it safe and let the defense work? On any of those possesions a turnover giving UNI the ball with a short field would have been a wreck. The defense proved that UNI could not move the ball 50-60 yards to score why change what was working. I guarantee ply calling would have been way more aggressive if they started outside their own 30!

Stitts reputation coming in :dead: Isu game :dead: come on 75 get some new material
This is what I mean by fans not being able to enjoy the season

Mavman said:
Do you not really understand that in the second half of the UNI game the offense started inside their own 20yd line several times and the smart coaching move was to play it safe and let the defense work? On any of those possesions a turnover giving UNI the ball with a short field would have been a wreck. The defense proved that UNI could not move the ball 50-60 yards to score why change what was working. I guarantee ply calling would have been way more aggressive if they started outside their own 30!

Stitts reputation coming in :dead: Isu game :dead: come on 75 get some new material

UNI didn't have a kicker either, why give cheap score on turnover when UNI couldn't get in the end-zone, what they get seven points in the second half.

Mavman said:

Oh, you didn't know? 75 is an AOL Bot.. This has been discussed many times..

Mavman said:

Question. You're obviously entertained by egriz. You stop by daily for your fill of laughs. Why would you criticize the posters and their views when they provide you with so much entertainment?

Mav, I hear you, and I agree with a lot of what you posted. JUst keep in mind, Egriz, however big it's become is A TINY, TINY segment of Griz Nation. No matter what some folks post here, and would lead you to believe, it's not by any means a true representation of how the entire fan base feels about the program, or the 2016 team. Point of fact, I live in Havre, which used to be a very split town, 50% Griz, 50% Cats. The old guard is still that way, but Marc Mariani pretty muched changed the ratio forever. The younger generations here are ALL Griz for life. I also spend a lot of time in Great Falls, and no matter what a select few try to lead us to believe, trust me Great Falls is still very Pro Griz.

I was at Chambers Bay for the U.S. Open last year and got multiple "Go Griz" within the first hour I was on the grounds for a Tuesday practice round, and was in New York City a few weeks ago, and ran into Griz fans in Central Park, not once, but, twice. Not to mention, even with all the Stitt concern or loathing going on, somehow, season ticket sales managed to rise by almost 2,000 fans this season. Again, while I liek Egriz, and have no problem with people posting any opinion they choose, good, bad or otherwise, I've learned that, Egriz is a mere fraction of the feelings in Griz Nation.

Mavman said:
So what if you "think" that? If it hurts your feelings, go somewhere else. When you get done thinking you can read people's minds, and gain nothing by condescending to them because they don't meet your personal standards, come back.

Here's some good advice.

Bl1.jpg

Back