• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Offensive gameplan

Mavman

Ok Gurus Give me your offensive game plan for SUU and their Great defense!
They are huge upfront. What are their LB's like? Secondary?
Do the Griz keep up with the quick passes to get the ball out of BG's hand to avoid sacks?

Tell us your winning game plan! or better yet script your first 10-15 plays!

Get JLM vertical, open options up underneath.

JLM is the only griz receiver who can stretch the field. Not having a deep threat has been brutal this season! Especially since Gustafson is the best pure passer to ever play at UM. Yeah, ever!

This all sounds like fun, but I expect a gameplan similar to the UNI game - conservative; minimize turnovers. Doubt Stitt yet has enough trust to open the middle and stretch the field consistently. The running game is lame so I expect to see more of the dink and dunk. The SUU D is far better than CPSLO's so there will be some fear built into the offensive gameplan. This will work if the D can produce anything like the UNI game.

where is #7, he looks as explosive as JLM. Dink and dunk to these two, then the RBs might get some holes. Brady is a runner at home, one QB counter keeper in the first half, giraffe slide, everyone's happy.

SUU wants chunk plays, rush four, force them to execute consistently, they will turn the ball over.

giphy.gif

kemajic said:
This all sounds like fun, but I expect a gameplan similar to the UNI game - conservative; minimize turnovers. Doubt Stitt yet has enough trust to open the middle and stretch the field consistently. The running game is lame so I expect to see more of the dink and dunk. The SUU D is far better than CPSLO's so there will be some fear built into the offensive gameplan. This will work if the D can produce anything like the UNI game.
I think you're right for the most part....but I'm betting that after 3 games we will have it opened up a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 lamarriel Taylor is a deep threat. Saw him on the 2 deep. Having him and Homan healthy together will give more viable options if they concentrate on JLM too much. I was worried about rain and our lack of run game (a la PSU last year) but the weatherman just said he thinks most the showers will stay east. So I'm expecting BG to go 32-42 with 310 and 3 TDs. Go time!

Yukon said:
plays 1-10: screen to JLM.

Results:

1 touchdown
2 passes for negative yardage (may be on the low side)
4 broken defenders' ankles (may be on the low side)
10 initial collective thoughts from Griz Nation that it might go all the way
10 initial collective prayers from Griz Nation that he doesn't get broken in half
26,000 heads in the stands shaking multiple times while saying "Did you just see that?"

HookedonGriz said:
#7 lamarriel Taylor is a deep threat. Saw him on the 2 deep. Having him and Homan healthy together will give more viable options if they concentrate on JLM too much. I was worried about rain and our lack of run game (a la PSU last year) but the weatherman just said he thinks most the showers will stay east. So I'm expecting BG to go 32-42 with 310 and 3 TDs. Go time!

:thumb:

Great responses so far! I really want some of the experts to script the first ten plays they would use. Of course down and distance is a factor so assume the plays you choice have average results

I'm not an expert, back seat driver...yes. Sucker, oh ya.

1. 4WR-split. SUU gives cover 2 look. QB check depth of safeties. Jet motion, confirm cover 2, safeties high RB hand-off, safeties tight swing pass to jet.

2.4WR-split. Cover 2 look. Quick snap. Safties high RB hand-off, safeties tight X dig A go Y shallow cross Z post.

3. 4WR-split. Cover 2 look. QB clap for snap. RB return motion. Catch D sneaking into cover 1. X square in A arrow hot route coverage high sit under Y choice or seam read Z go if can't beat coverage break off to come back RB pick up blitz.

I'm too lazy to continue...guess I'll go back to my day job.

CrunchGriz said:
Yukon said:
plays 1-10: screen to JLM.

Results:

1 touchdown
2 passes for negative yardage (may be on the low side)
4 broken defenders' ankles (may be on the low side)
10 initial collective thoughts from Griz Nation that it might go all the way
10 initial collective prayers from Griz Nation that he doesn't get broken in half
26,000 heads in the stands shaking multiple times while saying "Did you just see that?"

Very good, Crunch. Best post so far. Gave me a good laugh. Thx.

The GRIZ do have deep threats. Unfortunately, either those deep threats are not creating separation yet, and/or the OL is not giving Gus time to get through the right reads to find deep options. Sort of like the hot women who don't give some of you enough time to go deep :)

Fumblrusky, from the shotgun formation..here is how'its done..Gus catches the expected amount of pressure from his throwing-side, BUT, this time we expect it, and JLM ( hiding in Ngyuen's pocket) squirts through unexpectedly..

Honestly, I think Stitt will stretch the field like usual, but we actually try to bust the top off. My guess is Horner on a seam. Please chalk up the seam Stitty my friend..

If these guys score more than 21, I would be suprised..

But, I just got yoked with quads on a nut Ace boat hand, so I am talking on tilt..

Seam please

edit: By "these guys" I mean the Thunderbirds

Back