• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weird streaming question.

grizpsych

So, Twitter has been streaming some college football games and are streaming 10 Thursday NFL games this season. Have any of you watched them? If so, was the quality good? Also, if you didn't know this would you watch? They played a Weber St game and Idaho @ UNLV.

But in all seriousness, I did watch the spuds play the gamblers. Quality was great. Really let me see how those two teams are completely the bottom of the FBS barrel.

grizpsych said:
So, Twitter has been streaming some college football games and are streaming 10 Thursday NFL games this season. Have any of you watched them? If so, was the quality good? Also, if you didn't know this would you watch? They played a Weber St game and Idaho @ UNLV.

Bumb!

Frankly, I'm trying to gauge if I should invest into twitter. This could finally push them into making a profit.

As with all things streaming - garbage in, garbage out. I haven't watched the twitter streams but I would guess they have high quality sources. At that point, the quality depends on your internet connection. Our household uses internet for all TV consumption - PS Vue, Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu. With a 100 meg connection, the quality is on par with satellite unless everyone in the family is trying to stream. Then we simply run out of bandwidth (upgrading to gigabit would fix this) and we will see our quality drop. However, also keep in mind what type of router you have (and wireless/wired connection) as that can have an impact on streaming quality.

footballdood said:
As with all things streaming - garbage in, garbage out. I haven't watched the twitter streams but I would guess they have high quality sources. At that point, the quality depends on your internet connection. Our household uses internet for all TV consumption - PS Vue, Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu. With a 100 meg connection, the quality is on par with satellite unless everyone in the family is trying to stream. Then we simply run out of bandwidth (upgrading to gigabit would fix this) and we will see our quality drop. However, also keep in mind what type of router you have (and wireless/wired connection) as that can have an impact on streaming quality.
If that's all you do, there is no way you have 100 MB down. Show us. http://www.speedtest.net/

grizpsych said:
footballdood said:
If that's all you do, there is no way you have 100 MB down. Show us. http://www.speedtest.net/

94.07 down, 49.19 up.

footballdood said:
grizpsych said:
footballdood said:

94.07 down, 49.19 up.
That's awesome. And means that you have something else wrong on your network if you get lag running 5 or 6 machines.

footballdood said:
grizpsych said:
footballdood said:

94.07 down, 49.19 up.
You must not be in Montana

Back