• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UNI is screwing our SOS

BadlandsGrizFan

Lost to USD today :?

We need to win out to get a good seed heading into playoffs.

Let's win the Big Sky while were at it

#OwnTheSky
#BOOMtheState

I think the Griz are pretty lucky that Uni hasn't fallen further in the polls... I think Uni's number one focus goal for the season is to .."Beat State", as in Iowa State...
Focusing on the local chest thumping prestige of beating a mighty in-state Big 12 team in Typical Farley fashion...trumps whatever happens with the rest of their season on a local level...or so it seems...Funny thing of it is , the pollsters will still rank them above where they should be because hey...they're from the Valley Conf.,......and.... HEY!...THEY BEAT STATE! Right?

Griz!ron said:
what do you think Miss Valley will do to the SOS?

Gave us a win to count towards the playoffs...a chance to get our starters rest and backup experience to help depth....gave us a chance to work on things leading up to our conference stretch. All good things

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Griz!ron said:
what do you think Miss Valley will do to the SOS?

Gave us a win to count towards the playoffs...a chance to get our starters rest and backup experience to help depth....gave us a chance to work on things leading up to our conference stretch. All good things

And the SOS?

BadlandsGrizFan said:

#OwnTheSky
#BOOMtheState

Uni is not very good, haven't been all year… for some reason the past few years, the computers and rankings have loved them though. I doubt they make the playoffs this year…

marceagfan5 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

#OwnTheSky
#BOOMtheState

Uni is not very good, haven't been all year… for some reason the past few years, the computers and rankings have loved them though. I doubt they make the playoffs this year…

And EWU beat them by how many points at home? 4 points. I guess that means the eags aren't very good

Mvs defiantly hurt the sos but every team in the country has a game or two a year like that. It was essentially a bye week that counted toward playoffs.

Paytonlives said:
marceagfan5 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

#OwnTheSky
#BOOMtheState

And EWU beat them by how many points at home? 4 points. I guess that means the eags aren't very good

Eags are good, not great...yet. Some teams struggle with certain styles...like EWU vs uni. I still think northern Iowa isn't very good, and not a playoff team this year, thought so even after I watched eastern struggle with them

I also don't think Cal poly is great, but I still think the griz are good…

North Dakota State won a few close games over crappy teams the last five years, even lost a couple, it happens…

Paytonlives said:
marceagfan5 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

#OwnTheSky
#BOOMtheState

On a FAKE FIELD GOAL nonetheless

UNI's coach is just a shitty in-game HC. They're a good team, but he will always shoot himself in the foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizfan95 said:
Paytonlives said:
marceagfan5 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

#OwnTheSky
#BOOMtheState

On a FAKE FIELD GOAL nonetheless

Haha..you Griz fans. You do realize I want UNI to be good, have a good SOS, and make the playoffs, it makes EWU's win look better as well. I just don't think they really are that good...everyone is giving them credit because they beat Iowa State this year, have you seen Iowa State, they are bad, really bad, like maybe worse than Idaho bad...

As far as playoffs whoever wins in Cheney at the end of October will get the higher seed, not sure the loser will get a seed because I think UND is going to throw a wrench into everything...UND has a really strong possibility of running the conference table, not sure you can seed a 2 conference loss griz team (if they lose to EWU) or a 1 conference loss EWU (If they lose to Griz), over UND. I think the EWU/GRIZ winner gets a really good seed, barring any other losses, but the loser's seed is dependent on UND...

HelenaHandBasket said:
Who effin' cares? If Griz win, then it will take care of itself.
Except if UND keeps winning. The remainder of their sched is pretty easy the way they've been playin.

Oct 15 Southern Utah
Oct 22 @ Idaho St
Oct 29 Weber St
Nov 5 @ Northern Colorado
Nov 12 Northern Arizona

At UNC might be their tuffest game if Cookus isn't back for their finale. That would mean another BSC championship handed on a platter to someone who didn't earn it on the field. At least we will still make the playoffs and get our shot at them then.

alabamagrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Except if UND keeps winning. The remainder of their sched is pretty easy the way they've been playin.

Oct 15 Southern Utah
Oct 22 @ Idaho St
Oct 29 Weber St
Nov 12 Northern Arizona

At UNC might be their tuffest game if Cookus isn't back for their finale. That would mean another BSC championship handed on a platter to someone who didn't earn it on the field. At least we will still make the playoffs and get our shot at them then.

So? This has nothing to do with BSC Championship, it is all about playoffs.

alabamagrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Oct 15 Southern Utah
Oct 22 @ Idaho St
Oct 29 Weber St
Nov 12 Northern Arizona

I'm gonna go out on a sturdy limb and say that UND loses two of those games.

Back