• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Conference Champs: Remaining Games

oGriz

(Conference record)

North Dakota (4-0)
Oct 22 at Idaho State (1-2)
Oct 29 Weber State (3-0)
Nov 5 at Northern Colorado (1-2)
Nov 12 Northern Arizona (2-2)

Eastern Washington (3-0)
Oct 22 at Montana State (0-4)
Oct 29 Montana (2-1)
Nov 5 at Cal Poly (2-1)
Nov 12 Idaho State (1-2)
Nov 18 at Portland State (1-3)

Weber State (3-0)
Oct 22 at Southern Utah (2-2)
Oct 29 at North Dakota (4-0)
Nov 5 Northern Arizona (2-2)
Nov 12 Cal Poly (2-1)
Nov 19 at Idaho State (1-2)

Montana (2-1)
Oct 22 at Northern Arizona (2-2)
Oct 29 at Eastern Washington (3-0)
Nov 5 Idaho State (1-2)
Nov 12 at Northern Colorado (1-2)
Nov 19 Montana State (0-4)

Cal Poly (2-1)
Oct 22 UC Davis (1-3)
Oct 29 at Sacramento State (1-3)
Nov 5 Eastern Washington (3-0)
Nov 12 at Weber State (3-0)
Nov 19 Northern Colorado (1-2)

Northern Arizona (2-2)
Oct 22 Montana (2-1)
Nov 5 at Weber State (3-0)
Nov 12 at North Dakota (4-0)
Nov 19 Southern Utah (2-2)

For Giggles:

Montana State (0-4)
Oct 22 Eastern Washington (3-0)
Nov 5 at Southern Utah (2-2)
Nov 12 UC Davis (1-3)
Nov 19 at Montana (2-1)

So I guess we have to hope that Weber is for real and takes down North Dakota in two weeks and then loses to Northern Arizona or Cal Poly after that.

oGriz said:
(Conference record)

For Giggles:

Montana State (0-4)
Oct 22 Eastern Washington (3-0)
Nov 5 at Southern Utah (2-2)
Nov 12 UC Davis (1-3)
Nov 19 at Montana (2-1)

tumblr_llrs46tT701qzs5cqo1_400.gif

So North Dakota likely wins out without facing Montana or eastern... well earned conference title. I know they beat cal poly but it's disappointing to see that happen like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dupuyer griz said:
So North Dakota likely wins out without facing Montana or eastern... well earned conference title. I know they beat cal poly but it's disappointing to see that happen like that.

The Griz already lost to the #3 team in the conference. They are lucky they aren't going to play the #2, UND, or Weber.

Bscwatcher said:
dupuyer griz said:

The Griz already lost to the #3 team in the conference. They are lucky they aren't going to play the #2, UND, or Weber.

Can't wait to get a shot at the F'N Hawks in the playoffs. In Missoula or Mediocre Forks.

Bscwatcher said:
dupuyer griz said:

I think you are missing the point. The gripe is that that you don't play everyone, which would also include your argument. I am sure that you can admit that UND benefits from not playing UM or EWU as both are quality teams. UM may also benefit from not playing UND or Weber, but we will never really know.

Bscwatcher said:
dupuyer griz said:

f

Nice post Captain Obvious. UND and Weber are lucky they don't have to play the Griz. Your
Kittens have one of the lowest strength of schedules in FCS.

The biggest thing to watch is when (or if) Case Cookus comes back. If he's back at the beginning of November then those games UND and Weber have against NAU suddenly become really tough games

For those who didn’t feel like adding up the numbers, here’s how this works out using the cumulative conference records (and winning percentages) for each team’s remaining opponents.

North Dakota (4-0) … 7-6 (54%).
Eastern Washington (3-0) … 6-11 (35%).
Weber State (3-0) … 11-7 (61%).
Montana (2-1) … 7-10 (41%).
Cal Poly (2-1) … 9-8 (53%).
Northern Arizona (2-2) … 11-3 (79%).
Montana State (0-4) … 8-6 (57%).

Comments:
It’s not all clear sailing from here for UND, since their remaining opponents have a winning cumulative percentage. But they get their two toughest opponents at home.

EWU has home and away for its two toughest opponents. Overall, future schedule looks pretty cushy.

Weber has a really tough row to hoe. Arguably their two toughest games are on the road. Good luck guys!

The Griz have it so-so, but are hampered by the fact that they have to go on the road for their two toughest opponents.

CP also faces a set of opponents with a cumulative winning record. Getting EWU at home should help.

NAU looks like it could be in big trouble, even though they do get the Griz at home. But that high cumulative winning percentage for their opponents means that have no “breathers” the rest of the way.

As for giggles: MSU might be doing well to win one more game the rest of the way.

The winner of the WSU-UND game will be the BSC champs this year.

It may be the continuing trend for a while unless EWU/UM go undefeated in conference.

We can just start crowning whoever doesn't play EWU or UM the pre season champs!

Yes, North Dakota is very lucky that we don't have to endure the "gauntlet" of imposing opponents that the Griz are facing this year...............

Sagarin SOS Rankings
Eastern Washington 113
UC Davis 129
Idaho State 132
Cal Poly 135
Portland State 145
Northern Arizona 148
Southern Utah 149
Northern Colorado 153
Sacramento State 161
North Dakota 170
Montana St 188
Weber State 192
Montana 200

bincitysioux said:
Yes, North Dakota is very lucky that we don't have to endure the "gauntlet" of imposing opponents that the Griz are facing this year...............

Sagarin SOS Rankings
Eastern Washington 113
UC Davis 129
Idaho State 132
Cal Poly 135
Portland State 145
Northern Arizona 148
Southern Utah 149
Northern Colorado 153
Sacramento State 161
North Dakota 170
Montana St 188
Weber State 192
Montana 200

Another person missing the point.

Judging by your guy's logic, shouldn't the winner of the EWU/Montana game win the conference every year?

HelenaHandBasket said:
nodak651 said:
Judging by your guy's logic, shouldn't the winner of the EWU/Montana game win the conference every year?

And another.

Yes, adding MT or EWU would make the schedule more difficult. But as UND does chois their conference schedule, it's a dumb point. They play the schedule they are given.

Bear in mind, und and Mt have 1 different conference opponent this year. Yes, it is EWU. But 1 game aside, they have played extremely comparable schedules this year.

siouxfan512 said:
Bear in mind, und and Mt have 1 different conference opponent this year. Yes, it is EWU. But 1 game aside, they have played extremely comparable schedules this year.

Not really, Montana's schedule is way easier than UND's. It is littered with cupcakes.

siouxfan512 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
nodak651 said:

And another.

Yes, adding MT or EWU would make the schedule more difficult. But as UND does chois their conference schedule, it's a dumb point. They play the schedule they are given.

Again, you guys aren't getting it...

Back