• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gustafson Added to Watch List

ordigger

DONOR
Brady has been added to the FCS Player of the Year Watch list

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20161019113912084425404

Brady Gustafson, Montana, QB, R-Sr., 6-7, 230, Billings, Montana

Gustafson is not the next Carson Wentz, but he beat Wentz and North Dakota State in his first career start in 2015. As a senior this year, Gustafson has taken his play to a higher level. … A drop-back quarterback who stands tall in the pocket (he's even slightly bigger than Wentz), Gustafson is a strong decision maker and will work the field for receivers. He's excelled despite Montana having to replace most of last year's receiving corps. … Set a school record with 47 completions (in 59 attempts) against Cal Poly on Sept. 24. … Has completed 165 of 243 passes (67.9 percent) for 1,801 yards and 18 touchdowns against only four interceptions. He ranks seventh nationally in passing yards per game (300.2) … Played in only seven games as a junior because of a leg injury, but he returned to lead an FCS playoff win over South Dakota State.

Haha you beat me to it. I'll delete mine. Having the exact same verbiage for topic title threw me off too. I was like, why did my topic post twice!

My sources on Egriz say he isn't a top 5 QB in the BSC let alone the best QB on his team so obviously these morons at STATS don't know what they're talking about.

Conference so far this year:
Passing.jpg

Compare, last year:
Passing_2015.jpg

grizband said:
Mavman said:
UMGriz75 said:
Conference so far this year:
Passing.jpg

Compare, last year:
Passing_2015.jpg

?
He's playing better...more yards (through one less game), and a better completion percentage.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Also 12 TDs to 9 INTs in 7 games where this year he's got 18 TDs to 4 INTs in 6 games

Mavman said:
Wow. Football stats on a football thread on a football forum. Some posters don't know what to do.

Well, Brady's not the best in the conference, yet, but his pass efficiency has increased pretty dramatically from last year, 122.5 to 151.3. That's significant, and for a QB to add 10 points to his completion percentage is also somewhat remarkable.

Brady compares to Jordan Johnson as follows:
Jordan_Passing.jpg

Jordan's career passing efficiency was 142. However, in arguably his best year, 2013, he achieved 182.5.

BWahlberg said:
I thought Brady sucked? Haha, congrats to him - hope he keeps at it!

Hardly anyone has claimed Brady sucks, as far as I know. Most people are just waiting to see him put up these kind of numbers/performances against a good defense. Being added to a watch list doesn't prove anything. A lot of promise has been shown the last few weeks, excited to see if he can prove doubters wrong come playoff time.

Fritzy on the Dan Patrick show picked Brady as his player of the week when he threw for over 400 yards and 4Td's against southern utah. Dan asked if he was going to be the next Wentz Fritzy said no but he said he was a projected 2nd round draft pick. I'm not so sure about the last part there.

Back