• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

An Open Letter to Bobcat fans

Montana Mint

We wrote an open letter to Bobcat fans, letting them know Griz fans don't take pleasure in their recent struggles (pasted in its entirety below).

Also have a piece up on the strength of the Griz schedule thus far http://www.montana-mint.com/2016/10/21/griz-played-weak-schedule-fans-calm/

Happy Griz Saturday!

Dear Bobcat Fans (a letter from Griz fans)

Dear Bobcat fans-

I know this season hasn’t gone as planned. Sure you looked great against Western Oregon, but since then it’s been a constant reminder that you have a new coach, a new quarterback, and are losing lots of games. Woof. Rest assured though that us Griz fans are in your corner and are definitely not enjoying what’s happening to you.

For instance…

We are not enjoying the fact that you are currently winless in the Big Sky Conference. 0-4 and alone in last place. Not a single conference win. Don’t worry guys, there is still time.

When the Griz (5-1) beat Sacramento State (1-6) by 60 points last weekend, it did not give us any additional joy knowing that Montana State lost to them two weeks before. Sac State has only ONE win on the season, and it came against you (surprisingly not against Div-II Western Oregon who hilariously beat them to open the season). This brings us no joy.

We have definitely not laughed as your new coach Jeff…Chote (Chope? Choate?) has come in and completely underwhelmed. Coach Chorp has put in place an offense best described as “boring,” “uninspired,” or “milquetoast.” His hashtag game is strong…we have confidence his coaching game will soon catchup.

Speaking of offense, there are 13 teams in the Big Sky Conference and the Bobcats rank towards the bottom of the league in every offense category: scoring offense (10th), total offense (11th), passing offense (12th). Do you think this makes us happy? It doesn’t. Trust me.

Don’t worry about the fact that the Griz are averaging 46.7 points per game, and the Cats are averaging 27.6. That is almost be a 20-point difference, but let me tell you this: Griz fans don’t even know about that stat. In fact, I already forgot it.

I certainly did not call my dad and chuckle when Coach Jeff…Chorst(?) held a press conference and complained about the Montana media. You’d think coaching at the Universities of Washington and Florida would have prepared Coach Cholp for the rigors of facing the Bozeman Daily Chronicle and Greg “the Edward R. Murrow of FCS football” Rachac, but guess not. Honestly, we were chuckling about something unrelated.

Your first quarterback’s accuracy problems? Not funny. Your second quarterback’s fumbling problems? NOT FUNNY. The thought of former Griz and Current Bobcat Defensive Coordinator Ty Gregorak stirring the pot in the locker room, undermining Coach Choate’s authority? IT’S NOT FUNNY AND WE’RE NOT LAUGHING

Anyways, keep your heads up, hang in there, and don’t lose the faith. Bad seasons are part of sports and happen to every team (except for the Griz).

Sincerely,

Fans of the University of Montana Grizzlies

I'm sorry to be a killjoy, but why bother doing this? The Griz are 5-1, and appear to be firing on cylinders. They head our on the road for two big games that could validate them as one of the best in the country. Who gives a flying eff what's happening in Bozeman?

Why waste your time, and everyone else's kicking them while they are down? As a Griz fan, I would think this would be the last thing on your mind.

Jesus, Bobcat fans come on here all the time trying to figure out Griz fans obsession with MSU. Posts like this is why they are right when they say we have some sort of MSU complex.

Focus on your team, and stop speaking on behalf of all Griz fans. You make us all look like petty assholes.

at first i was like wtf are you... and then the laughs started to roll in. thats some mighty fine work. and its Post of Year nominee!

But is the person at Montana Mint really a bobcat fan?

58e1252dc518c8d7999dec62dbc2b640.png

NorthEndZoneDan said:
at first i was like wtf are you... and then the laughs started to roll in. thats some mighty fine work. and its Post of Year nominee!
And, really, what else is there to do? Unless you have DirecTV and can watch lots of other football games (see my TV guide post).

What is really needed is a "Road Game Home Tailgate." Or is there one? If not, load up your RVs and grills and meet at the UM tailgate area. Satellite on the roof, big-screen TV hanging on the side ... and you're all set. (Well, as long as there's plenty of beer in the cooler :cool: .)

Jaredkuehn said:
I'm sorry to be a killjoy, but why bother doing this? The Griz are 5-1, and appear to be firing on cylinders. They head our on the road for two big games that could validate them as one of the best in the country. Who gives a flying eff what's happening in Bozeman?

Why waste your time, and everyone else's kicking them while they are down? As a Griz fan, I would think this would be the last thing on your mind.

Jesus, Bobcat fans come on here all the time trying to figure out Griz fans obsession with MSU. Posts like this is why they are right when they say we have some sort of MSU complex.

Focus on your team, and stop speaking on behalf of all Griz fans. You make us all look like petty assholes.
Are you serious? These our are instate rivals. Although I personally root for them when they are not playing the Griz, this is the point of having a rival. Plus, they just fired their best coach ever and hired on of our former coaches.

Jaredkuehn said:

Well said :clap:

grizpsych said:
Jaredkuehn said:

Are you serious? These our are instate rivals. Although I personally root for them when they are not playing the Griz, this is the point of having a rival. Plus, they just fired their best coach ever and hired on of our former coaches.

Yeah, I'm serious. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Bobcats. The only time I root for them is when it benefits the Griz. I think TG is getting what he deserves for defecting. But the Bobcats really only matter one week of the year. I don't understand the constant obsession with what's going on over there. I'm sick of all the Bobcat threads on egriz, it's sad. This letter claims to speak for all Griz fans, but I'm not in this camp. FTC, but Eff the Griz fans who validate their program by wasting time worrying about them.

Jaredkuehn said:

I agree, this just increases the build up of bad karma for Griz/Griz fans, which at some point will come back to bite them.

Jaredkuehn said:
grizpsych said:
Jaredkuehn said:

Yeah, I'm serious. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Bobcats. The only time I root for them is when it benefits the Griz. I think TG is getting what he deserves for defecting. But the Bobcats really only matter one week of the year. I don't understand the constant obsession with what's going on over there. I'm sick of all the Bobcat threads on egriz, it's sad. This letter claims to speak for all Griz fans, but I'm not in this camp. FTC, but Eff the Griz fans who validate their program by wasting time worrying about them.
I'm for it. Think it's hilarious and right on. Some Griz fans get the rivalry and some don't. Beating the bobkittens and kicking them when they're down is more then just "one week a year". We play twice, maybe three times in both men's and women's b-ball. We got golf, T&F, CC, both tennis's, and V-ball. I wish they'd woman up and play some soccer and softball so we can beat them in that too. And that's not even mentioning the non NCAA sports like lacrosse and baseball. There's also recruiting, best college town, prettiest girls; you name it it's a competion. Bobby said it best. These two schools could line up to play twiddley winks in two dot and the whole state would care who won. It's just about understanding a true rivalry. You either get it or you don't.

Back