• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GOOD THING BOBBY IS GONE

Greenacres Griz

Wow it really sucked winning BCS championships year in and year out and contending for national championships. Stints offense is amazing.

And this is the best defense some posters have seen in 20 years. And why did Haslam schedule such a hard team? The Griz will recover. The Griz are pretty good this year. Watch out EWU.

[*]
PlayerRep said:
And this is the best defense some posters have seen in 20 years. And why did Haslam schedule such a hard team? The Griz will recover. The Griz are pretty good this year. Watch out EWU.

You're cute. Not really. Gregorak must be back and stitt is out of his league. Ugliness ahead, and yes I played/coached the game. Go on a diet. Seriously.

Selective memory to fit your agenda? I remember losing to Weber St. at Ogden under Hauck, we played like crap in that one. Although we won, the Idaho St game was a stinker...while we are at it, remember at Sac St under Phlugrad? We are not very good away from WGS, we just are not...I cannot help it if unrealistic fans were puffing their chests out after beating some bad teams at home. We have a long way to go, but I think the results will be there in time. Tonight was very disappointing, but let's just stop with if Hauck was our coach we would not lose...remember, he left. One more obvious point, the offense did not give up 45 points tonight...

PlayerRep said:

Eastern is a very good football team. After tonight Montana has more questions than answers. Me thinks we will have 3 losses after next week and finish 8-3.

nzone said:
PlayerRep said:

Eastern is a very good football team. After tonight Montana has more questions than answers. Me thinks we will have 3 losses after next week and finish 8-3.

That probably won't get us there.

I never understand these threads. People act like Montana fired Bobby. He left for money and a bigger challenge.... Let it go. Good teams find way to win...a better team needs to show up in Cheney

Putter you beat me to it. This thread has to be one of the most least intelligent in at least recent Egriz history. Bobby Hauck LEFT Montana. Are some of these guys so new to being a GRiz fan they didn't know that or what? Well, if they are, let me let them in on what they didn't know I guess. Hauck decided to leave the Griz to coach at UNLV. There, now those of you who are that late to the Griz party know the story.

And for those of you that knew that already, and are saying the OP was talking about him not being hired by Haslam. OK. But even that has no baring on anything now. Nobody will ever know. And I'll give you guys that wanted BH back over Stitt a little nugget. He was going to bring back RP as offensive coordinator. It was a done deal. How do I know that? Because I asked BH that when I spoke with him last year. RP has to this day be the single most hated man on Egriz. So, for those of you, and there were many, that ripped on RP for his Griz' offenses, keep that in mind.

IN closing, I love Bobby Hauck and RP. They are both great guys and were absolutely GREAT Griz coaches. And I would have been more than happy to see them come back. But Kent went in a different direction, and the past is just that, the past.

Aren't they talking about how Bobby wanted to come back, and UM and Haslam hired Stitt instead? It has little or nothing to do with Bobby left after 2009. I am hearing that Bobby may have a shot being the SDS head coach in the future.

PR I don't know which they meant. Of course I'm also being a little sarcastic tonight. For me, this easiest Griz loss I've ever had to take considering I'm a lifelong Cubs fan. Had both my TV's going, watching both, and while I always hate it when the Griz lose, and was very frustrated from what I saw tonight, given what the Cubs did at the exact same time, I just am not as mad as everybody else. Actually, come to think of it, I'm usually never as mad at the Griz or their coaches as most everybody else. LOL.

Anyway, yes, I've heard that too. BH is very likely the guy to succeed Rocky Long, though I don't know if Long is really looking to leave or retire just either. But i know SDSU absolutely LOVES Bobby.

I agree PR, that is probably what they are referring to. He still moved on and good for him, that is what you are supposed to do. Onward and upward but hiring him back was no guarantee of having the same success when he was here the first time.

bigskyguy said:
Just a history note, Bobby in 7 years lost 3 games by double digits to BSC teams.

Also a historical note, Hauck did not inherit a team that was:

1)finishing up several years NCAA restrictions

2) Going through a scandal that made national headlines (this, at very least, contributed to fewer kids actually coming to UM)

3) Suffocated by a head coach that got the job because he was a nice guy that would help clean up image of the program even if he had no ability to progress the program forward in level of play or recruiting.

GeauxGriz said:
bigskyguy said:
Just a history note, Bobby in 7 years lost 3 games by double digits to BSC teams.

Also a historical note, Hauck did not inherit a team that was:

1)finishing up several years NCAA restrictions

2) Going through a scandal that made national headlines (this, at very least, contributed to fewer kids actually coming to UM)

3) Suffocated by a head coach that got the job because he was a nice guy that would help clean up image of the program even if he had no ability to progress the program forward in level of play or recruiting.

As a history note:
1) Bobby's teams showed up prepared
2) The team yesterday was not prepared
3) This team is not better coached

Welp Bobby is gone. Bob is in.
We can still finish 9-2 and make a run

CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE FUCK OUT PEOPLE

Jeez, it could be worse
we could be 2-6 right meow...

Sure Bobby left for an opportunity and more money but he also got tired of all the criticism here even though we had great success. If he had felt more supported he might have stayed longer but I'm sure he probably would have left at some point.

Maxim said:
Sure Bobby left for an opportunity and more money but he also got tired of all the criticism here even though we had great success. If he had felt more supported he might have stayed longer but I'm sure he probably would have left at some point.
Well, his decision made him a millionaire. There's that.

Back