• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU/GRIZ 2016

talon38

Well I'll get it started, so here we are EWU/Griz, big conference game and playoff implications in the BSC for both teams. Eastern comes in at 6-1, 4-0 in Big Sky, and Griz come in 5-2, 2-2 in BSC. Both teams need to keep winning. EWU has won the last 5 meetings in Cheney, but Griz won last year in Missoula big time!! Our 1st string QB (from last years Griz game) is now #3 on the depth chart from that game and EWU now has a Cooper Kupp in the making for a QB in Gage Gubrud, and he is lethal. Eastern has the 3 WR's (Kupp, Hill, Bourne) that are the 3 best possibly in the nation COMBINED, Eastern runs the ball when they need to, they use the pass to set up the run. They average about 46 points per game against 5 of the 7 teams they played with .500 records. Defense also gives up a lot of points, but they are better than the last few years. They are a very stingy defense in the 2nd half vs 1st half. They've both played 2 like opponents, UNI and NAU, EWU won 34-30 @ home vs UNI and won at NAU 50-35. Griz won on the road @ UNI 20-14, and lost @ NAU 34-45. Teams are different from week to week, and this is a huge rival game for EWU at home. I do like EWU about 42-35 in this one. They may even have to come from behind to do it as they've had to in most games this year, they tend to be a 2nd half offense/defense team. Anyway, hope I was polite on your forum and got things started.

I see a shoot out where both offenses take advantage of each defenses secondary (unless Brady decides to overthrow everyone again, hope he gets that fixed). I could see it going either way honestly however going to have to give the nod to EWU for being at home:

Eagles: 52
GRIZ: 41

(Another missed XP) :x

If the Griz that played yesterday show up in Cheney, EW 100 Griz 20
If Stitt pulls his head out and makes this offense move, EW 55- Griz 42
If Stitt pulls his out and Semore looks at the right film, Griz 52 EW 41

This could go down as the worst loss in modern Griz history.
All depends what team we get. The fired up nasty Griz or the dee dum lackadaisical Griz we watched last night.
JLM being back won't hurt.

Huge game.
Season is on the line boys

reinell30 said:

Exactly right.

EWoo does not pose same problems that NAU did. This game sets up to be an epic offensive showdown likely with team with ball last as having shot to win game. Altitude wont be problem and energy better not be either.

Eastern's offense is lethal. Our secondary is overrated. Eastern's special teams are better. Eastern is at home.
We won't be able to handle their QB, who runs as well as he throws. I see this being a close game until the 3rd quarter when Eastern runs away from us...sort of like what happened to the Cats. We lose 52-30.
Hope like heck I'm wrong.

jbear said:
Eastern's offense is lethal. Our secondary is overrated. Eastern's special teams are better. Eastern is at home.
We won't be able to handle their QB, who runs as well as he throws. I see this being a close game until the 3rd quarter when Eastern runs away from us...sort of like what happened to the Cats. We lose 52-30.
Hope like heck I'm wrong.

Yeah, I agree. This secondary was exposed yesterday. It doesn't help the the front seven got next to no pressure on NAU's QB. Pressure can really bail out a sub par secondary and make them look good. In its absence we saw what this secondary really is.

Why is everyone saying the season is on the line with this game????? It's not. What world have you all existed in that an 8-3 griz team doesn't get in???

pussycatkillerz said:
All depends what team we get. The fired up nasty Griz or the dee dum lackadaisical Griz we watched last night.

Huge game.

Sorry, but there is little chance of that ever happening. The 1998 game at Western Illinois is, and will continue to be the worst loss in modern Griz history. And while I think the Griz will lose by double digits to EWU, it won't even come close to that massacre/debacle.

reinell30 said:

Having BG play better would be nice also.

I expect a spirited Griz effort. UM may lose but I don't expect a blow out. BG must take care of the football....

reinell30 said:

I see it the same as you....Semore has to put big boy pants on for this game because I saw no signs of a defensive team against NAU...threw all over the place and a true freshman running back looked like an all American. All that without a very mobile QB who can RUN and two of the best receivers in the conference.....one who is the best in the country like EWU.

JLM would help, but can't overthrow everyone else like at NAU or it will be the Stitt 3 and out offense....assuming not Stitt 4 and out offense like at NAU

I am expecting the final score to be 48-44, but no idea who wins. Expect the Griz to lead at half time.

havgrizfan said:
pussycatkillerz said:

Huge game.

Sorry, but there is little chance of that ever happening. The 1998 game at Western Illinois is, and will continue to be the worst loss in modern Griz history. And while I think the Griz will lose by double digits to EWU, it won't even come close to that massacre/debacle.

Agree 100%! That game was atrocious!

Can the Griz beat a winning team? That is the question to be answered in this game! In the playoffs, every team is a winner. Got to start some time.

Back