• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Reacting to "tells"

BleacherCreature

I once watched a fairly high-profile college game where one team absolutely dismantled the other, even though it was supposed to be a competitive game. One of the defensive backs on the winning team made a comment about figuring out how to read the QB and adjusting their defense to the clues the QB was giving. I know this is standard practice on both offense and defense but I'm wondering why our defense didn't seem to pick up the clues yesterday.
The sub-par camera work on the broadcast meant that I couldn't watch NAU's QB as he approached the line on every play but it seemed to me that he would lick both of this hands every time he was going to pass the ball. I never saw him lick his hands when they ran a running play. (Of course Brady does the same thing) They still torched us on many plays when there was a play action fake and our DB's were out of position. Why would our defense not have picked up on such an obvious tell?

Because defense wasn't there, Nobody showed up as sac st. Didn't in zoola'

Griz Nation WeareMT NativeGriz Fan

Back