• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Well after almost 24rs

grizare#1

Well its another day in Griz land, last night as the game was coming to its obvious conclusion I was so pi$$ed I thought it best to wait a day.
The offense did put up enough points to win most games, the D looked anything like it has since the beginning of the season so I put a bit more of this loss on that unit.
Not sure what the hell happened as no facet of the game looked like it had the past three. NAU did play very well so give them credit, can't take away from their effort. They played like they had the EYE OF THE TIGER so to speak.
On our side it looked like we just had no idea what the hell we were or have been doing, just looked lost. When the camera was looking directly at BG just before the snap he seemed almost disinterested. Could be wrong as the camera work was not very good IMO. JR was pissed as he must have been getting pushed off on all night but the ref's seemed to let that go on both sides a bit. I would call the one touch down they got after most of our guys were calling time out,shit even the TV announcers said it but the refs did not stop the play, touch down while our guys seemed to be thinking we got the call. Oh well, the season just got allot tougher with a must win next Saturday to give us a chance at the post season which is clearly only one of two goals left, the Brawl is the other.
A win next week will take away the bitter pill of this weeks game and keep us much alive in the playoffs as I would guess it would put as back in the polls about where we are right now.
I still very much like this team and what it can do, they simply need to forget this one and move on.
I hope we did not loose anyone as a couple guys left limping.
Go Griz, You will bounce back :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

For fucks sake. For the 100th time. Next week isn't a must win for the playoffs. And 8-3 griz team is automatically in. Always has been always will be. What is everyone smoking????

BadlandsGrizFan said:
For f***[*] sake. For the 100th time. Next week isn't a must win for the playoffs. And 8-3 griz team is automatically in. Always has been always will be. What is everyone smoking????

Correct. An 8-3 Griz team is in no questions asked. Probably would even host a playoff game at that point. Not sure why folks are having a hard time understanding that.

The bubble is a 7-4 Griz team. With out strength of schedule I'm not as confident they'd get in. They'd still have a shot though, even at 7-4.

HookedonGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
For f***[*] sake. For the 100th time. Next week isn't a must win for the playoffs. And 8-3 griz team is automatically in. Always has been always will be. What is everyone smoking????

Correct. An 8-3 Griz team is in no questions asked. Probably would even host a playoff game at that point. Not sure why folks are having a hard time understanding that.

The bubble is a 7-4 Griz team. With out strength of schedule I'm not as confident they'd get in. They'd still have a shot though, even at 7-4.

Totally true. Unless there is a complete meltdown, this team is playoff bound. The Griz may not win next week but I think they play well and the game goes down to the wire. I look for a shoot out. The Griz should win every game after Eastern.

To go deep in playoffs home field is very important....if just getting in is ok the 7-4 is okay, but if you have higher goals it won't cut it. After this last game I am not sold on even going 7-4. Defense was worse than Cats, I wouldn't count on any wins here on out if play at same level as at NAU....yes even the Cat game. Don't know if overlooked or under estimated NAU without Cookus, but they punched UM in the mouth and the response was not good....offensive play, defensive play, special teams play or coaching.

Good teams lose sometimes, I get that. It is how we lost that has me concerned. A close hard fought game is one thing....the way we lost is something else. All facets stumbled. I would never have dreamed our defense would have gotten torched like we did. And not much pressure on their QB all night. It seemed like we were out of sync the whole game.

I feel confident film review will show them a lot this week. There isn't much time to get some things turned around with the test they have in front of them. Before this game I felt the Griz had a better than even chance of beating EWU. After watching the Cat/EWU game I was even more encouraged. Then there was the Griz game. Now I am not sure how good this team really is.

I get it that Sac wasn't very good but they did beat the Cats and have been in some games. So was the Griz team that buried them the real Griz team or are they just a notch above the average teams in the conference? I guess we will find out in a few days.

To me the key to the Griz defense is up front.
If the Griz can pressure the QB then the Griz defense is outstanding.
If the O line of the opposing team is stout and doesn't allow any sacks or rushes like NAU did, then the Griz defense becomes stale

juiceboxboy said:
If the O line of the opposing team is stout and doesn't allow any sacks or rushes like NAU did, then the Griz defense becomes stale

This.
And add that no pass rush with man to man on the very good outside receivers and this is what will happen.

So I always like to be positive, sure we are more than likely in at a record of 8-3, and would not count the Griz out this week. EWU is not stellar on defense and I just have to believe that last nights game was not really us. What was going on in the locker room before,during and after the game no one on this board really knows.
We did manage to score more than enough points to win most games but the D was getting owned all night. We had a game plan, they had a game plan and the way it messed up fell to their favor for sure. That first play of theirs set the tone for the entire night. It was like it took whatever air we could get at 7000ft out of the guys.
Well its a new day and the next opponent awaits our arrival.
GO GRIZ

I would put the Griz' talent up against any other team. But as we saw last night, games aren't played on paper.

Can we (the team and the fan base) please just bury this whole 'We are the Griz' mentality and go into showdown games like we are going to knock the chip off the other team's shoulder, because the chip we use to have on our shoulder no longer applies.

The thing is...if your defense has a bad game...hopefully your QB and offense pick them up...and Vice versa.........In this case...our defense played real bad....and our QB played freaking horrible...

So this is the outcome we get..

I think our defensive performance was a fluke...this is a very good defense...I think they bounce back against EWU

Paytonlives said:
juiceboxboy said:

This.
And add that no pass rush with man to man on the very good outside receivers and this is what will happen.

Pretty much describes every defense on the planet. If your line can't get to the QB, most college QB's will pick you apart.

Back