• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good Lord There are Some Classless People On This Board

AZGrizFan

DONOR
Mostly cat fans, but some Griz fans too. Honestly, it's almost become too much to bear. All you people who think you've got "the answers" should go ahead and text Haslam and Stitt. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you right about now.

And you Cat fans who have the complete inability to win with any form of class whatsoever....you are an embarrassment to the state of Montana.

Goodnight and goodbye, eGriz. I'll be back next season.

AZGrizFan said:
Mostly cat fans, but some Griz fans too. Honestly, it's almost become too much to bear. All you people who think you've got "the answers" should go ahead and text Haslam and Stitt. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you right about now.

And you Cat fans who have the complete inability to win with any form of class whatsoever....you are an embarrassment to the state of Montana.

Oh, you'll be back inside a week.

FFS come on dude. Been holding it down all year and now you're bailing?

I guess when the going gets tough, the tough...announce their sabbatical?

I'd be fine with letting Stitt and Haslam know how I feel. I grew up watching the Griz contend in the playoffs. I also grew up watching Montana kids get a chance to shine. Now, I see a coach with no real Montana ties struggle to win games and get his players jacked. I also see a team losing at home to opponents who I'd never seen them lose to my whole life. I see kids from out of state getting recruited, some with major disciplinary and grade problems, while some of the state's best talent is being relegated to the Frontier Conference (no offense to any of those schools, as I have a brother who won four NAIA national championships with Carroll, and I'm very proud of him and his teammates). Growing up in Montana, it's most kids' dream to play in a Cat-Griz game. What I saw today from both teams (until the moment MSU won) was a lack of enthusiasm and a lack of personal investment. There's less pride in both programs, and far less swagger. I honestly think all the crap in 2012 was the catalyst.

AZGrizFan said:

Next season starts tonight. Except for teams like UCD, Sac State and Msu and other bottom dwellers. I mean
.... What? Really? Well that sucks. I mean even when we were in the PCC we never finished worse than 8th, now we are 9th? Ouch, never mind, see you "next year".

AZGrizFan said:

Wow, Cat fans are classless, really? What do you expect after you trash them all year on here? Suck it up buttercup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzGrizFan-

You guys have ragged on the Cats all season long. What goes around... I looked up the word classless in the dictionary and found a picture of a Griz Fan next to it.

SadGriz said:
I'd be fine with letting Stitt and Haslam know how I feel. I grew up watching the Griz contend in the playoffs. I also grew up watching Montana kids get a chance to shine. Now, I see a coach with no real Montana ties struggle to win games and get his players jacked. I also see a team losing at home to opponents who I'd never seen them lose to my whole life. I see kids from out of state getting recruited, some with major disciplinary and grade problems, while some of the state's best talent is being relegated to the Frontier Conference (no offense to any of those schools, as I have a brother who won four NAIA national championships with Carroll, and I'm very proud of him and his teammates). Growing up in Montana, it's most kids' dream to play in a Cat-Griz game. What I saw today from both teams (until the moment MSU won) was a lack of enthusiasm and a lack of personal investment. There's less pride in both programs, and far less swagger. I honestly think all the crap in 2012 was the catalyst.

A coach shouldn't need to get his players "jacked." It's their college football career and it's short lived, if they can't get excited on their own or by their fellow players then you've identified part of the problem.

Boscoe said:
SadGriz said:

A coach shouldn't need to get his players "jacked." It's their college football career and it's short lived, if they can't get excited on their own or by their fellow players then you've identified part of the problem.
Weird...? In my 22 year military career one of the most emphasized points of EVERY leadership class I went to was how to motivate people. You wouldn't think grown adults trained to fight wars would need motivation. Amiright?

Different situations completely, many of those I served with below E-4 were unmotivated and were only concerned with what they had planned for liberty. Believe it or not many who enlist do it merely for the paycheck and their lack of other opportunities to make a decent living. I would think most college football players are much more motivated to make the best out of their short careers.

Boscoe said:
Different situations completely, many of those I served with below E-4 were unmotivated and were only concerned with what they had planned for liberty. Believe it or not many who enlist do it merely for the paycheck and their lack of other opportunities to make a decent living. I would think most college football players are much more motivated to make the best out of their short careers.
I found the opposite to be true. Especially my last 8-10 years. And if your premise is true why are some of the best coaches in football history known for their ability to motivate players. Lombardi was famous for it. He was also well known for his pre-game speeches and those were professionals being paid to play. Now I am a firm believer that being "jacked" coming out of the locker room only makes a difference for the first few minutes of a game and than the first few minutes of the second half, given the situation, however you can gain a lot of momentum in those first few minutes. The first play from scrimmage last year set the tone for the entire game against EWU.

Remind me what happened on the Griz' first play from the line of scrimmage on Saturday? Wasn't it a touchdown pass? Nevertheless, I think being fired up is overrated, being focused is more important. Further, I think claim that the team doesn't get "jacked" is overstated, are you in their head, do you know what they're thinking?

Boscoe said:
Remind me what happened on the Griz' first play from the line of scrimmage on Saturday? Wasn't it a touchdown pass? Nevertheless, I think being fired up is overrated, being focused is more important. Further, I think claim that the team doesn't get "jacked" is overstated, are you in their head, do you know what they're thinking?
Yep. And they had a great defensive stop too. But if you can't recognize how completely flat this team has been, especially on the road, I'm afraid I can't help you.

ozcat said:
AzGrizFan-

You guys have ragged on the Cats all season long. What goes around... I looked up the word classless in the dictionary and found a picture of a Griz Fan next to it.

Griz fans ragging Cat fans, Cat fans ragging Griz fans. Where the hell have you been? For Christ sake, it is what we do, both Griz fans and Cat fans. Always have, always will. There is no "What goes around" involved here.
By the way, your comment on the Griz Fan picture being next to the definition of "classless" has to be one of the frigging funniest, original, well thought out, never before used, 4 year old comments I have ever heard !!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :? :?

I think there's more substantive criticisms of Stitt than the team doesn't get "jacked." Also, the talent gap has closed in recent years, IMO. We just aren't better than every other team in the Big Sky like we used to be. Our secondary gets consistently burned. Being fired up is going to change that. I think some fans are misconstruing the lack of talent with energy.

A GRIZ football player has to have the coach get him "fired up" to play GRIZ-cat in WaGriz stadium with over 26,000 fans? Really?

Retiredram1 said:
A GRIZ football player has to have the coach get him "fired up" to play GRIZ-cat in WaGriz stadium with over 26,000 fans? Really?
Don't think they need to have a coach to get them jacked so much as they could use a coach that isn't "ho-hum here we go fellas...yawn"

Back