• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A real take on coach and his players

Grizbyblood

This is my first, and probably last, post on this forum. I promised myself not to get involved with it mainly because of the uncalled for player bashing amongst other negatives.

The majority of you have no idea how hard these kids work and how much blood, sweat, and tears go into being a Division 1 athlete, especially football. Please keep that in mind next time you want to call out an 18-22 year old. Unfortunately, some of this stuff is read and does get back to them. Most laugh it off and chalk it up to a crazy fan base, but some of it can bother these kids.

My nephew is a part of this football team. He isn't a huge contributor, yet, but has a good future ahead of him. After all the coach bashing, I talked with him and a number of his teammates who were around for Thanksgiving. They are very excited for their futures and the future of Grizzly football. They admit that coach runs a tight ship, demands perfection, and can rub some the wrong way but overall they are happy with him and what he is doing with the program. They feel they have a ways to go but that the pieces are coming into place. The young talent coming up and also coming in will have this team doing just fine. I asked specifically if coach had lost the locker room. One of them laughed and said only on Griz Nation (assuming he was referring to Egriz).

I'm sure coach isn't everyone's best friend, but he doesn't need to be. He is there to win football games and these kids get that. I know for a fact this group will give him 110% like the majority of the players do each and every day, both on and off the field.

Thank you for this. Montana football is a special place because of the expectations it demands, but I hope the players realize that is also what makes it so fun.

I can't imagine having that many people care so much about what you as a player care about. Would have loved to say I was a part of that and I hope that this group of young men just continue to use it as fuel.

As the saying goes, "The pride and tradition of the Montana Grizzlies will not be entrusted to the timid or the weak."

Although most don't say it explicitly, we are cheering for each and every one of them :thumb:.

Grizbyblood said:
This is my first, and probably last, post on this forum. I promised myself not to get involved with it mainly because of the uncalled for player bashing amongst other negatives.

The majority of you have no idea how hard these kids work and how much blood, sweat, and tears go into being a Division 1 athlete, especially football. Please keep that in mind next time you want to call out an 18-22 year old. Unfortunately, some of this stuff is read and does get back to them. Most laugh it off and chalk it up to a crazy fan base, but some of it can bother these kids.

My nephew is a part of this football team. He isn't a huge contributor, yet, but has a good future ahead of him. After all the coach bashing, I talked with him and a number of his teammates who were around for Thanksgiving. They are very excited for their futures and the future of Grizzly football. They admit that coach runs a tight ship, demands perfection, and can rub some the wrong way but overall they are happy with him and what he is doing with the program. They feel they have a ways to go but that the pieces are coming into place. The young talent coming up and also coming in will have this team doing just fine. I asked specifically if coach had lost the locker room. One of them laughed and said only on Griz Nation (assuming he was referring to Egriz).

I'm sure coach isn't everyone's best friend, but he doesn't need to be. He is there to win football games and these kids get that. I know for a fact this group will give him 110% like the majority of the players do each and every day, both on and off the field.

Great post Bob!

How soon until Tolstoy shows up to dispel the OP's account as a great fabrication??

grizfnz said:
How soon until Tolstoy shows up to dispel the OP's account as a great fabrication??
:lol: The wrath is certain to those that speak truth to the agenda.

Grizbyblood said:

Good post. It's too bad your nephew and a number of his teammates were "around for Thanksgiving." Hopeful they'll be busy next season.

Thanks blood. I hope most realize eGriz is designed to be like the punching pillow at the therapist office. It's basicly there to vent frustrations with having any real repercussions.

Grizbyblood said:
I asked specifically if coach had lost the locker room. One of them laughed and said only on Griz Nation (assuming he was referring to Egriz).
A bit of a suspect claim.

The sanity check on this is the complete disconnect from reality.

1) It does not agree with the coach himself who claimed this team plays with "no fire" that it has been playing with "no fire for some time," and that it "plays flat." That was not featured on "egriz," the players, had they actually read anything, would have read it in the post-game pressers in the words of the head coach himself.

2) It does not agree with the demeanor of the team seen on the playing field the last five games. It just doesn't. In no way, shape or form.

3) It does not explain in any way, shape or form the humiliation of losing to "the worst team in the conference" on our home field or why this team lost to that team and played in such a half-hearted way.

4) It does not agree with the complete absence of favorable player commentary on social media about this coach. The near complete opposite of Coach Delaney or Gregorak.

5) It does not explain the obvious frustration of the D-Line throwing up their hands in frustration on the field at last minute "chaos" over formations.

6) It does not agree with the campus student-athlete consensus.

7) It does not agree with a 0.325 conference record.

8) It does not agree with the increasingly vocal game play announcers publicly questioning the coach's skill and the game play strategies.

The story is a bit too convenient, and simply does not reflect the final half season of observed team demeanor, which is no secret, nor the loss to the Cats. Indeed, if you want a "real" take on the state of the Griz players, point to any "fire" they have shown as a team in the last half of the season.

You can't.

That is the test of the team, not a guided conversation around a dinner table in which players show a remarkable knowledge of what they have read on "egriz" but were then also apparently were unable to offer the simple honesty of, if true, why did the team publicly collapse resuling in the public criticism by the coach of the team and "some of these guys?" And, after raking the team and players, why did the coach do a "180" and then take "full responsibility?" For what? According to the OP, the players are happier than hell and have full confidence in the guy. So, what's Stitt's problem then, if the players think he's doing great?

Why leave out a key point like that?

Not the first place something to this extent has been mentioned.

Despite the wishes of a butthurt few, this team believes in the staff....and both the team and staff are moving forward.

Go Griz baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizbyblood said:
The majority of you have no idea how hard these kids work and how much blood, sweat, and tears go into being a Division 1 athlete, especially football. Please keep that in mind next time you want to call out an 18-22 year old.
You do realize that the only person "player bashing" and "calling out the players" publicly has been ... Bob Stitt? If not, who else?

Only 75...

Here we go...

mods do you really need more evidence to give this guy the boot?

Eriul said:
Only 75...

Here we go...

mods do you really need more evidence to give this guy the boot?
I feel sorry for his cheerios.....it's clear somebody peed in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great original post, glad to see that most of the junk posted on here doesn't really affect the kids on the team.

Go Griz!

I too am glad to see that a 0.325 conference record, the most humiliating loss ever to a neophyte cross-state rival, four out of five losses with a team that decided to play, the coach publicly complained, "without fire," and a public humiliation by a Cat coach on Football 101, can result in a Thanksgiving celebration by players as to how happy they really are.

It just makes so much sense!

I think that the youth are much more internet savvy than some that post here who think that their words make more than an iota of difference. Kids recognize that anonymous forums bring out the crackpots and self-anointed geniuses and are mostly a source of amusement.

grizfnz said:

Welp, didn't take long at all! Obviously Leo knows more about the inside of the locker room than the players do.

MrTitleist said:
Welp, didn't take long at all! Obviously Leo knows more about the inside of the locker room than the players do.
Well, I've been there much longer than they have, for starters. But, you know all about how young men celebrate failure at Thanksgiving. It's what they do, right?

You'd have to wonder if they understood Stitt's mea culpa that, yes, just about everything went wrong and he has to rethink everything, because he didn't before.

Maybe it was the eggnog.

First of all, ask the honest question. Given the season and the season ending, are the OP comments even plausible?

Back