• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU- Beau Baldwin (in top 2 for Nevada Job)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillingsMafia

This guy has to get a big pay day very soon. His history of developing quarterbacks is off the chart. He has done all that he can be done at ewu. It will be interesting to see how he does at his next job. I bet he will be successful. The guy has a track record even though is been small schools.

I HATE EWU, but Baldwin is a great coach. I cannot believe he is still there. If he gets a decent job, he's going to be very successful. Hope he leaves with Kupp, but wish nothing for the best for both of them.

MrTitleist said:
Mavman said:
Nevada would be great. Terrible fan base but way better resources then ewu

I wouldn't say way better.. Nevada is the poorest school in the MW.

It would be interesting to see the football budgets for both schools.

The first thing a nevada coach needs to do is lock in some of the home grown talent. Lots of small town kids that never get a sniff from UNR. several go on to be very good at other schools. This also hurts the teams local support. Not sure how well they recruit the sacramento valley but tons of talent in nevadas back yard.

MrTitleist said:
Mavman said:
Nevada would be great. Terrible fan base but way better resources then ewu

I wouldn't say way better.. Nevada is the poorest school in the MW.

Still double EWU's

Nevada was the best supported school, and had the highest attendance in the Big Sky before they left. Been downhill since then.

I am shocked that Baldwin is still at EWU as well. One would think he could get an offer from a Group of 5 school once he is done with playoffs this year.

Cujo said:
Rumor here in oregon is he's a sleeper choice for the Duck job.

I would think the fact that his immediate predecessor was also hired to a Pac12 job and was ultimately fired may make this a hard PR sell. But stranger things have happened.

Yukon said:
Cujo said:
I could see that.

I can't see that happening. I think they would look at Bryan Harsin from Boise long before they look at Baldwin and I'm not sure that he has the credentials they want either. In the end it has to be someone Phil Knight wants or it won't work for them. To me that spells a pretty big name from a power conference. Just my opinion.

Nevada makes more sense. Honestly, Big Sky football coaches going to D1 don't have a great track record. An AD at a Power 5 conference would have to have really big balls to do that.

Griz1 said:
Yukon said:
Cujo said:
I could see that.

I can't see that happening. I think they would look at Bryan Harsin from Boise long before they look at Baldwin and I'm not sure that he has the credentials they want either. In the end it has to be someone Phil Knight wants or it won't work for them. To me that spells a pretty big name from a power conference. Just my opinion.

I can't imaging oregon doesn't think it deserves someone "better" than Baldwin or Harsin. I think both are excellent coaches and would flourish there, but I'm with you and they need a splash to make themselves relevant again. Pretty sad IMO. I hope Baldwin goes to Reno. Loved my time there watching the Wolfpack. They are hungry for a winner. The key there is getting funding from the outside. If they get the right person, will flourish.

What about charlie strong? I don't think he was given a fair chance at texas and he is a good recruiter.

"But he has kids in high school and loves the area!" - every fan of every team ever right before they lose their coach

Mavman said:
What about charlie strong? I don't think he was given a fair chance at texas and he is a good recruiter.

:? No way in hell a coach like Charlie Strong comes to Montana. He'll be picked up by a big program.

get'em_griz said:
Mavman said:

:? No way in hell a coach like Charlie Strong comes to Montana. He'll be picked up by a big program.

I was talking about for oregon. He would do well there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back