• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is there any reason to be excited about?

Gatorgriz

Who are the players new players your all wanting to see, do you think the coaches will learn from this season and get better? Do you think the new president be a positive? I know my posts have almost all been negative and asking for the dismissal of Stitt but I've come to the realization we are stuck with him for awhile. So I'm hopeful he and his staff learned something and do a better job. I look forward to seeing if Jensen is as good as the hype or if he even gets to play, I look forward to seeing Calhoun and possibly ray Greene run the ball behind a line that's hopefully improved with the new young guys.

Just being a Griz fan is enough. I get more comments about my Griz gear down here in Taxais than anywhere. Who could think of anything else?

I'm very excited to see some of these young O lineman coming up and also the likes of Akem, Toure, Green, Nagler, and others. Also excited to see some of the young talent who made a name for themselves this year return a year older and wiser.

Im excited for the new Olineman....I think this teams biggest weakness over the past few years has been the Offensive Line.....Its been the single biggest reason we have not went deep into the playoffs

Teams of Griz past have had DOLA...hopefully we get it back.

Looking forward to some of those young kids we got on defense sims moving to D end buss another year stronger and smarter and both those safeties are going to be flying around making plays Tucker opposite sims should give us a good pass rush. O will take care of itself Jensen looks the real deal

I'm excited for everything. Particularly the small group of seniors that we will have next season. I think those guys will have the benefit of some insanely talented RS FR and coaching continuity.

Big things coming for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewskis said:
I'm excited for everything. Particularly the small group of seniors that we will have next season. I think those guys will have the benefit of some insanely talented RS FR and coaching continuity.

We have 21 seniors next year by my count.

I am most excited to see who contributes the most from last years class. Guys like Josh Egbo, Lewis Cowans, Gavin Crow, Akem, Nash, Thayne Jackson, etc.... Even if next year is far less than spectacular, this is the class that has the potential to bring us back to true relevancy. Stitt has to be given a fair shake at bringing this class up.

getgrizzy said:
brewskis said:

Ahh seemed smaller to me when I was thinking about it. Still....looking forward to seeing what those dudes can do.

blackfootipa said:
I am most excited to see who contributes the most from last years class. Guys like Josh Egbo, Lewis Cowans, Gavin Crow, Akem, Nash, Thayne Jackson, etc.... Even if next year is far less than spectacular, this is the class that has the potential to bring us back to true relevancy. Stitt has to be given a fair shake at bringing this class up.

Not with the witch hunters around here...

i am excited for Stitt's offense. i know, i know...its predictable, doesn't eat up much clock, no conversions ect. but we have a lot of good underclassmen that will begin coming of age next season and no one can deny that. we had a pretty damn disappointing season this year which was not unlike EWU last year: late-season slide and a loss to your rivals. i doubt we win conference in 2017, but i bet the griz are much more competitive. im not ready to quit on Stitt just yet...but who knows, maybe living in bobcat land for so long has taught me unconditional (and unreasonable) optimism.

Yes. The great thing about being a fan of the Griz is its always exciting for the next year. That is probably one of the biggest reasons this year was SOOO disappointing. We have such high expectations and rightly so. We always have a good core of veterans returning with a group of exciting young fresh faces eager to make their mark. Can't wait for April and spring ball. Course I can't wait for feb and signing day either. Go Griz!!

brewskis said:
getgrizzy said:
brewskis said:

Ahh seemed smaller to me when I was thinking about it. Still....looking forward to seeing what those dudes can do.

2017 senior class:

James Homan - Rumored to maybe take his RS in 2017 due to concussions
Justin Strong - Starting safety
Korey Alexander - Backup corner
James Banks - Starting OLB
Robert Luke - Backup center & will be presumably vying to start at RG
David Reese - Starting LT
Josh Horner - Starting "H" WR
Brandt Davidson - Starting DT
Myles McKee-Osibodu - Will be vying to start opposite of Davidson at DT
TreShawn Favors - Vying to backup/split time with Calhoun at RB
Ryan McKinley - Starting corner
Mick Delaney - Backup safety
Connor Strahm - Starting MLB
Reese Philips - Will be vying to start at QB
Makena Simis - Backup "H" WR
Shane Moody - Backup corner
Nate Bradley - Returning from surgery, will be vying to start opposite of Davidson at DT
Tucker Schye - Presumed starter at DE
Mike Ralston - Backup RT, presumably will be fighting for the starting job at RT
Cooper Sprunk - Starting Center

-----------
You've got 8 returning starters. If you assume some win starting jobs you could have as many as 11 to 12 total seniors starting for the 2017 Griz. Not bad.

What will be interesting to see unfold is senior leadership and captains out of this group. Obviously if Phillips wins the starting job at QB he might be one. Defensively... Strahm or Strong... not sure...

I think this team will be better then most think. Lots of talent coming up ( who isn't excited for the yetti)
as well as some second year players. As a whole I believe the RBs will be better. I hope Stitt stays three more years.

I'm excited to see O-line and D-line after three years of requiting what kind of product this staff fields. No stars on offense or defense without controlling the line of scrimmage.

If Bradley is in the mix the DT rotation could be really strong. Also, that would free up Sims and Schye at DEs (instead of filling holes at DT) with a nice group of DEs in rotation.

The O-line will have a good mix of players.

I might be wrong, but it seemed that Kidder played too many snaps. He was a beast, but a large group of DTs and DEs in rotation sure could change things with fresh legs. Bradley had a monster game against CP in 2015 he has that low center of gravity to plug the middle and push it back on passing plays. There were too many clean pockets for opponent QBs to throw from in 2016.

The BG debate is over and now we get to see one of Bob's guys at QB. Mobility puts a lot of pressure on defenses at every level. A dink and dunk passing game with good timing will work with this group of WRs. A little stronger RB core with Calhoun starting.

Many returning players that experienced a poor 2016 finish (don't underestimate the pride of these guys) I bet they have more to prove than anyone. The players are not getting into trouble(besides Counts) things are looking up, even the coaches are getting a early start on recruiting.

...you bet your ass..i'm dam excited...
...see the d line fire out of a 3/4 point stance...
...if they're still standing up getting pushed around...

... :cya: ...

BWahlberg said:

Not to call out individual players, but here goes: has there been a more hyped/disappointing player in recent memory who actually stayed on the team for his entire eligibility?

AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Not to call out individual players, but here goes: has there been a more hyped/disappointing player in recent memory who actually stayed on the team for his entire eligibility?

Joey Counts

BWahlberg said:
brewskis said:
getgrizzy said:
brewskis said:

2017 senior class:

Nate Bradley - Returning from surgery, will be vying to start opposite of Davidson at DT
Mike Ralston - Backup RT, presumably will be fighting for the starting job at RT

-----------
You've got 8 returning starters. If you assume some win starting jobs you could have as many as 11 to 12 total seniors starting for the 2017 Griz. Not bad.

What will be interesting to see unfold is senior leadership and captains out of this group. Obviously if Phillips wins the starting job at QB he might be one. Defensively... Strahm or Strong... not sure...

BWahlberg said:
brewskis said:
getgrizzy said:
brewskis said:

2017 senior class:

-----------
You've got 8 returning starters. If you assume some win starting jobs you could have as many as 11 to 12 total seniors starting for the 2017 Griz. ...

Wonder if the "young" excuse will still be used

Back