• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate gets 10k for Cat victory over Griz

Brother Bear

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/football/cat-griz-win-nets-choate-k-in-contract-incentives/article_dd9fadc2-e84b-556d-9f92-03da5b024758.html

He earned every penny of that this year... hats of to the Cats for coming in and getting that W. Frankly, I'm still not over that Griz loss :oops:

Tough loss for the Griz and good win for the Cats. Interesting to observe the fan bases on both sides during the year. Griz road high early; Stitt was the S##t!; Griz were going places!

Cats played competitive vs. Idaho then won a couple and Cat fans were also riding high......then things start to turn and many Cat fans ready to get rid of Choate and/or part of his staff for most the season. They win their last couple including vs. Griz and away the Cat fans start to go goofy again. Own the State, wait until preseason polls next year...and on!

Griz lose 4 of final 5 and Stitt no longer the S##t!

Surprised yo yo's aren't more popular....most fans of most teams could use a couple!

Mousegriz said:
Tough loss for the Griz and good win for the Cats. Interesting to observe the fan bases on both sides during the year. Griz road high early; Stitt was the S##t!; Griz were going places!

Cats played competitive vs. Idaho then won a couple and Cat fans were also riding high......then things start to turn and many Cat fans ready to get rid of Choate and/or part of his staff for most the season. They win their last couple including vs. Griz and away the Cat fans start to go goofy again. Own the State, wait until preseason polls next year...and on!

Surprised yo yo's aren't more popular....most fans of most teams could use a couple!
Accurate for the most part. Except I saw VERY few people calling for Choate's head. Everything was aimed at one coach, the OC. And I think that feeling still remains. I don't think a very high percentage of the Bobcat faithful is sold on Messingham still, even after Cat/Griz.

The reason Cat fans are so excited looking forward is that the team got better in November. It has been a long time since that has happened in Bozeman. That was honestly the one thing I was looking for this year. If the coaches could take the very young, inexperienced team and make them better as the year went on, then things look bright for the future. I still haven't seen any of the rational people saying the Cats are going on a deep run or anything next year, so maybe the Preseason National Champs thing might start to subside....one can hope.

But that's also the reason everyone west of the divide is so down. The Griz did not get better as the season went on. It was the weirdest switch I've ever seen in this state. The Cats were the Griz of years past and the Griz looked like the Cats. It was kinda strange to watch. As a Cat fan, I've just gotten used to MSU having to play a very tough Griz team at the end of the season. The Griz in late September would've absolutely destroyed the Cats.

Pin2Win said:
Mousegriz said:

Accurate for the most part. Except I saw VERY few people calling for Choate's head. Everything was aimed at one coach, the OC. And I think that feeling still remains. I don't think a very high percentage of the Bobcat faithful is sold on Messingham still, even after Cat/Griz.

The reason Cat fans are so excited looking forward is that the team got better in November. It has been a long time since that has happened in Bozeman. That was honestly the one thing I was looking for this year. If the coaches could take the very young, inexperienced team and make them better as the year went on, then things look bright for the future. I still haven't seen any of the rational people saying the Cats are going on a deep run or anything next year, so maybe the Preseason National Champs thing might start to subside....one can hope.

But that's also the reason everyone west of the divide is so down. The Griz did not get better as the season went on. It was the weirdest switch I've ever seen in this state. The Cats were the Griz of years past and the Griz looked like the Cats. It was kinda strange to watch. As a Cat fan, I've just gotten used to MSU having to play a very tough Griz team at the end of the season. The Griz in late September would've absolutely destroyed the Cats.

It must be reassuring to Cats fans that if the Cats play their best game possible..and the Griz play their worst...the cats can get the W

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Pin2Win said:
Mousegriz said:

It must be reassuring to Cats fans that if the Cats play their best game possible..and the Griz play their worst...the cats can get the W
whatever you need to tell yourself so you can sleep at night cupcake.

SeattleBobcat said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Pin2Win said:
Mousegriz said:

whatever you need to tell yourself so you can sleep at night cupcake.

Oh I'm sorry we must not be talking about the same game..or programs.

LOL.... that was far from the Cats playing our best game, like light years far. Played decent defense and ran the ball well, that's it. We completed two passes. If our passing game gets going that game we beat you by 30 easily.

poorgriz said:
LOL.... that was far from the Cats playing our best game, like light years far. Played decent defense and ran the ball well, that's it. We completed two passes. If our passing game gets going that game we beat you by 30 easily.

Good to see all this confidence all of a sudden...30 easily he says.

At MSU beat the Griz is an incentive, at UM beating MSU if an expectation. I know for a fact that has been made very clear to our coaches

There is not now nor has there ever been a valid legitimate excuse for the Griz losing
to the Cats! It happens, sure, but there is never an excuse for it. NEVER!!

The way some of you Cat fans who recently came out of hiding have been talking trash around here lately you'd think they were in the playoffs, had swept the Big Sky, and were favorites to win the NC.

Cat Fans - You guys went 3-7 against D1 competition...

Yeah, you won your own personal super bowl, congrats on that, but ya guys really stunk up the state big time this year in damn near every other game. Sorry to bring you all back down to reality but fact is you guys were awful this year and likely not be a lot better next year. You've had 2 years in a row with a losing record now, not exactly the best time to be trash talking.

Anyway, if you want to continue to ignore the reality of how bad your team has been the past couple of years, then I guess no one here can stop you. Have fun with your one moment in the sun, you'll come crashing back down to reality next year after the first couple of games against D1 opponents :mrgreen:

GrizRanger said:
That 10K should come out of Stitt's salary.
Funny, i was sort of thinking the same thing. I haven't said much, but it is my opinion, coaching, not players is the reason we lost. Personally I would have given the money to TG.

mtgrizfankb said:
At MSU beat the Griz is an incentive, at UM beating MSU if an expectation. I know for a fact that has been made very clear to our coaches

Stitt obviously never got that memo!

mtgrizfankb said:

Read an article the other day that said State pays Choate $10,000 if he beats the Griz while UM doesn't give Stitt a bonus for beating the Cats.

That to me says that UM expects to win.

Potomac Griz said:
The way some of you Cat fans who recently came out of hiding have been talking trash around here lately you'd think they were in the playoffs, had swept the Big Sky, and were favorites to win the NC.

Cat Fans - You guys went 3-7 against D1 competition...

Yeah, you won your own personal super bowl, congrats on that, but ya guys really stunk up the state big time this year in damn near every other game. Sorry to bring you all back down to reality but fact is you guys were awful this year and likely not be a lot better next year. You've had 2 years in a row with a losing record now, not exactly the best time to be trash talking.

Anyway, if you want to continue to ignore the reality of how bad your team has been the past couple of years, then I guess no one here can stop you. Have fun with your one moment in the sun, you'll come crashing back down to reality next year after the first couple of games against D1 opponents :mrgreen:

Hey Sunshine, the point is our bad team beat your average team in a rivalry game. No one is pretending we are good and are going to win the Natty next year. But we are excited for our future.

My translation of your post, "I'm butt hurt we lost so I'm going to try to turn the fact we lost in to an insult against the team that won, thus trying to make myself feel better about myself, because I still cry myself to sleep at night because of that loss." :lol: :lol:

And in case you were wondering, that was my only smack talk here since Cat/griz. I just come here for the info 99% of the time and think I usually add value to the conversation. So please don't call me a Cat troll with the rebuttal you are going to come up with.

Latest posts

Back