• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

America's Game - Army vs Navy

SoldierGriz

DONOR
Apologize in advance - not FCS related. Mods - move if you have to.

Saturday, 10 December at 3 PM ET.

The men playing in this game represent the best of our nation. Many of them will finish this game, and then prepare for their bowl games.

When complete, the Army players will begin the process to get to commissioning weight. This is an intense time for the Cadets who play football as they have to meet the height/weight standard to get their commission. They spend tons of time in the gym and with nutritionists. I am not sure how the Navy does it.

After commissioning in the Spring, the new Lieutenants and Ensigns will depart for their basic officer training. Many will end up at Ranger School, and some will become Marines or Seals. They will all contribute in one way or another to the enduring combat operations taking place across the globe. Volunteers...the best of our very best in my opinion.

Go Army - Beat Navy!

...with all due respect soldier...
...army is going to get rolled...
...that being said..go army...

... :clap: ...

1202LXF34128.jpg

There are some games (rare, fortunately) where you cheer against a team, based on some "dark, personal" reason, rather than really cheering for the other team. (Lot's of bob-kittie -- or Griz -- haters in that camp.)

Here's a game where you surely cheer for a team (either team) but never against the opponent.

Meanwhile: Go Navy!

I saw a tweet of Navy's uniform for the game. Too bad Army doesn't get points for uniform design. They would start the game up 14-0.

The cadets will only "Go to"...read pass the RANGER school PT test, then get selected...after they make 1st lieutenant, or about a year later, IF they make 1st lieuie ...either way the ring knockers are still mostly idiots...From personal experience.. Descent and well meaning just not yet leader material...most, not all. A few..usually NOT ring knockers were pretty good.

Its still a great game tho. Last time army won I watched it at Ft. Benning Ga. Go Army, cough long shot... :)

Gallatin Griz said:
The Air Force Falcons already beat them both this season. Go Air Force!!! :cool:

With you GGriz but the Army/Navy game is tradition unlike any other. Us Air Force personnel don't have a true rival I don't believe?

One of my best friends has a sideline pass for this game. Very envious of that. I never have a dog in this fight, but would love to see the emotion of Army snapping the streak.

I only had two relatives in the navy, the rest were/are in the Army, so Go Army and yes I believe in miracles, like HilLIARy not getting elected.

Unbelievable experience to be at this game and all that surrounds it.

Quality kids in uniform.

Go Navy!

reinell30 said:
Gallatin Griz said:
The Air Force Falcons already beat them both this season. Go Air Force!!! :cool:

With you GGriz but the Army/Navy game is tradition unlike any other. Us Air Force personnel don't have a true rival I don't believe?

That's because nobody considers the Chair Force part of the ACTUAL military.... :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
Gallatin Griz said:

That's because nobody considers the Chair Force part of the ACTUAL military.... :lol:

Without the Air Force, Any military battle will never be won. And yes, most of it comes from Pilots sitting in a chair. However, I was active duty for 23 years and still am a trainer and we for some reason don't use chairs, in fact what we do doesn't allow sitting at all. You ought to give it a try?

Back