• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Anyone else lose some respect for NDSU?

I've never had a problem with teams running up the score or letting up. Not a "macho" opinion. More of an opinion of you are preparing your team for the games ahead. Let your depth get some meaningful reps of full action rather than dialed back plays. Run some plays you hadn't had the opportunity to run yet in the game. Just my opinion of why they might have done that. Doubt it was an act of bad sportsmanship...

Sam A. Blitz said:
I've never had a problem with teams running up the score or letting up. Not a "macho" opinion. More of an opinion of you are preparing your team for the games ahead. Let your depth get some meaningful reps of full action rather than dialed back plays. Run some plays you hadn't had the opportunity to run yet in the game. Just my opinion of why they might have done that. Doubt it was an act of bad sportsmanship...
Good call,
That is exactly what happened, 2nd stringers were playing, a RB breaks free and runs it in.
I suppose he "could" have stopped at the 1 yd line and fumbled the ball or something?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bisonfanatical said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Good call,
That is exactly what happened, 2nd stringers were playing, a RB breaks free and runs it in.
I suppose he "could" have stopped at the 1 yd line and fumbled the ball or something?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I can't stand it it when we're up big and the bring in the back up QB for the last 5 mins just let him be a hand off machine. Let him get some live reps throwing the ball. You never know when you'll need him.

If you are in the game act like it means something or you'll likely get hurt. Can't blame the 2nd team for showing up and trying to look good...

Not even a little honestly. The backups/third stringers bust their butts everyday at practice. To get a shot in the playoffs to play some snaps is an awesome experience. Those players deserve to run some of what their coaches have taught them. If anything I respect their coaches more because they are not soft which in part helps to explain their success.

I honestly feel this way about sports through all levels. While there is definitely some angst getting your butt kicked or even being on the other end, kids need to take advantage of any reps they can get. Life is like that, sports should be too. #ParticipationTrophiesAreMeaningless

I respect other opinions, but for me a key point is that this is the FCS playoffs. The playoff teams earned their way there and should be able to compete for 60 minutes. With that in mind, I had no problems with the way NDSU handled the Griz last December just like I had no problems with the playoff scoring registered by Dave Dickenson and the 1995 Griz. Same thing with Randy Moss and the 1996 Marshall team.

You are not being true to the game if you do not play hard for 60 mins. Taking a knee is stupid and great teams know that and run plays. If nothing else its a few more quality game time snaps to hone your craft and it works. If you don't like it play better defense

Apparently the NCAA wants to make things "less fun" for them too.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4174098-ncaa-puts-stop-ndsu-thunderstruck-intro-video-playoffs

I played, ref'd, coached, taught....

Play the game with class, win or lose, act like you have been there before....

..was the message I learned and shared with kids

NDSU will do what it believes is best for their program although I have a differing opinion

Class to me is playing the game how it was intended to be played. On offense you try to score points for 60 minutes on defense you try to stop the other team from scoring points for 60 minutes. Taking a knee is disrespectful to competition and the other team. Run plays, get practice and have integrity.

College and pro football should make a rule that it is illegal to take a knee, it keeps the sport pure until the end and gives the opposing team a chance to make a play that could change the outcome, right now in the participation trophy version of slide and touch football, this is just one of many reasons fans are tuning out.

That time is for young players to get valuable playing time. Nothing wrong at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised with the late score also, but there was 2 minutes remaining. It wasn't complete take a knee time . . . and it wasn't like they threw a bomb to run up the score. Bruce Anderson, coming off an injury was in, and the kid is damn good. Maybe should have run a FB in the zero hole . . . but I didn't expect it to go for a score.

Not NDSU's MO by any means. If you look at NDSU in the 4th over the last 5 years, you'd see a major dail down by the offense.

Igotgoodsources said:
Ahead 31 with 1:57 left and you don't take a knee? You've won 5 straight National Championships......act like it.

Giving the ball to Bruce Anderson, a valuable running back for NDSU and a guy who hasn't had a lot of snaps due to injury and an extremely deep running back core, and allowing him to get reps during the game is a smart move. NDSU is acting like they have won 5 straight championships and wanting to win a 6th.

Play hard for 60 minutes and stay sharp. This isn't pee wee football.

Herd said:
I was surprised with the late score also, but there was 2 minutes remaining. It wasn't complete take a knee time . . . and it wasn't like they threw a bomb to run up the score. Bruce Anderson, coming off an injury was in, and the kid is damn good. Maybe should have run a FB in the zero hole . . . but I didn't expect it to go for a score.

Not NDSU's MO by any means. If you look at NDSU in the 4th over the last 5 years, you'd see a major dail down by the offense.

You don't need to apologize to anyone.

The fact you feel you have to is something that irritates me about Bison fans, they are the most insecure fan base in college football. You would think after winning 5 national championships they would learn how to be the king, but they still feel the need to tell you about it after every game.
NDSU will not win it all this season, get ready for the excuses.

Man1 said:
Herd said:

You don't need to apologize to anyone.

The fact you feel you have to is something that irritates me about Bison fans, they are the most insecure fan base in college football. You would think after winning 5 national championships they would learn how to be the king, but they still feel the need to tell you about it after every game.
NDSU will not win it all this season, get ready for the excuses.

Feel free to be irritated. Your team checked in their gear before the playoffs, so I'd be irritated too. I think winning 5 in a row speaks to the fact that the team knows how to be king. The team, that's all that matters. Keep putting your names on the back of your jerseys.

Latest posts

Back