• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

status quo

:clap: :thumb:

Wait...are those the right emojis? I actually don't know how to respond...so confused.

Wow! Somebody must have REALLY not wanted Baldwin to hire that guy over him. Guess they didn't want anybody that might build a winning program and possibly surpass the great Chris Alt.

Between Central and Eastern, Baldwin has been a head coach for 10 years. Impressively he has only finished worse than 3rd in the conference once and has made the postseason 7 of the 10 years. If there's anything holding him back it's that he's never really played or coached outside the state of Washington.

Merry Christmas and be safe out there everybody.

Pains me to say it but I'm pulling for the eagles. I like Gubrud and Kupp a lot. Hope they dethrone NDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From all the cryptic reporting; Cooper Kupp is not very healthy and It has been a long, challenging senior season. :eek: Kupp practices sparingly, but is expected to play.

brewskis said:

Pains me to say it but I'm pulling for the eagles. I like Gubrud and Kupp a lot. Hope they dethrone NDSU.

HookedonGriz said:
Nevada missed out.....big time

I agree for sure. Trying to figure out wtf they were thinking? I lived in AZ for a while too, so follow ASU a bit. Still think this is a garbage hire.

brewskis said:

+1 :clap:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
What positions are still left out there???

Oregon OC?
Western Kentucky in Conf. USA would be a perfect fit for him. High scoring and their coaches always move on up:
Jeff Brohm - Just named Purdue head coach
Bobby Petrino - On his rehab stint back to Louisville ;)
Willie Taggart - the new HC of that football team in Eugene

Obviously most Big Sky coaches who move up stay out west but this would seem to fit.

AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:

I agree for sure. Trying to figure out wtf they were thinking? I lived in AZ for a while too, so follow ASU a bit. Still think this is a garbage hire.
The garbage hire re. ASU was Graham and they extended him. Worst defense in FBS. Year by year he is making them more irrelevant.

Proud Griz Man said:
From all the cryptic reporting; Cooper Kupp is not very healthy and It has been a long, challenging senior season. :eek: Kupp practices sparingly, but is expected to play.

brewskis said:

I sure hope his injury doesn't derail his pro career. I really want to see him in the NFL.

NativeGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Maybe Baldwin turned it down. As far as teams go it was only a lateral move. Something better is coming for Baldwin.

Maybe but the article coming out of nevada camp is that they felt there was "more upside" with the asu coach. Weird.

kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:

The garbage hire re. ASU was Graham and they extended him. Worst defense in FBS. Year by year he is making them more irrelevant.

I was hoping they'd bite the bullet and go for Charlie Strong now that he's gone...but you're right...status quo

mtgriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:

brewskis said:

I sure hope his injury doesn't derail his pro career. I really want to see him in the NFL.

Kupp is good but NFL good? Hell, Tavon Austin is struggling....

CV Griz Fan said:
mtgriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:

brewskis said:

A healthy Kupp is NFL good. A Belichick type receiver.

kemajic said:
CV Griz Fan said:
mtgriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:

A healthy Kupp is NFL good. A Belichick type receiver.

Belichick Wide Receiver Chart:
Majority of fans have never heard of him? (check)
Small School? (check)
Could possibly be a threat? (check)
White? (check)

Perfect fit!

CV Griz Fan said:
mtgriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:

brewskis said:

I have no doubt Kupp is NFL good, unless he were to get hurt.

Jeez, what is it about you? Dissing Tripp and Coyle, even tho they are already in the NFL.

Back