• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Players Parent perspective

PlayerDad

Hello E Griz,

My son will be a Red shirt freshman this year!!! He told me to give this web site a gander ) yes, lots of the boys read your forum)

I'll start with this. When my son was being recruited, he had several D1 FBC schools and several D1 FCS schools after him. Your team, the Griz was my (the parents) least favorite. I mean Montana???? Who goes there? Not to mention I researched all the crap that had tainted your football program the last couple years. You guys are coming back from some heavy shit...
Shame on ME!!! I only researched the bad!!!! Further research showed me what a storied football program and passionate fans you have up there!!! This Forum proves that!! Along with the passion for your team come the passion to get back to the TOP!!!

Let me back up. So my son gets a call from Coach Stitt. Son, do you have an HOUR to spend with me on the phone tomorrow? My son was a bit taken by this because NOT ONE coach that was recruiting him requested this. Coach Stitt called the next evening and proceeded to go through 60 detailed and pointed questions
(academic and football knowledge questions )with my son. All very detailed. ALL of Coach Stitts recruits go through this process. I was absolutely blown away at coach Stitts recruiting process!!!! The time and effort he put into my son. I repeat NOT ONE of the other coaches did this!!
So we set up a visit. My sons final of the 5 visits. My son picked Montana over New Mexico because he LIKED what coach Stitt offered) Upon arrival we were absolutely BLOWN AWAY at coach Stitt and his staffs professionalism. Their attention to detail was like no other visit we had!! And, to walk through that tunnel at field field level was a rush for us like NO OTHER!!!
That day is what sold my son on Montana and we feel truly blessed!!!

With that said. This program as storied as it is, will take time and patience to get back to the top. We live in this instant gratification time where we forget what patience means??????

I'm a football man. I'm a die hard Fan of the Oakland Raiders and CU Buffs. TRUST ME!!! it will happen!!!
Mike McIntyre was not able to do what he did with the proper time and patience. HE NEEDED THE BOYS HE RECRUITED TO BLOSSOM!!!! NOW LOOK!!!

My Raiders that's a different story. They just taught me patience. LOL

Bob Stitt is a solidified professional who has yet to make his mark. I know last year at the end was brutal!!! And I understand the lack of Patience some of you have, Your fans for Gods sake!!! You want your team back on top!!!

After sitting in this mans office and hearing his overall plan with my own ears. My son is part of this plan as are so many of his 2016 recruits and beyond!!! You have some BAD ASS kids coming in that you have no clue about...

Give this man a chance!!! Especially the Poster 75 lol.

YOUR IN GOOD HANDS GRIZ NATION!!!!

PATIENCE...

F the CATS!!

Love Missoula and love the GRIZ!

I don't believe a word of it. Can't be true, with all the "facts" presented by certain other posters.

PlayerDad said:
Hello E Griz,

He told me to give this web site a gander ) yes, lots of the boys read your forum)

Oh good lord why... haha

PlayerDad said:
I'll start with this. When my son was being recruited, he had several D1 FBC schools and several D1 FCS schools after him. Your team, the Griz was my (the parents) least favorite. I mean Montana???? Who goes there? Not to mention I researched all the crap that had tainted your football program the last couple years. You guys are coming back from some heavy shit...
Shame on ME!!! I only researched the bad!!!! Further research showed me what a storied football program and passionate fans you have up there!!! This Forum proves that!! Along with the passion for your team come the passion to get back to the TOP!!!

Let me back up. So my son gets a call from Coach Stitt. Son, do you have an HOUR to spend with me on the phone tomorrow? My son was a bit taken by this because NOT ONE coach that was recruiting him requested this. Coach Stitt called the next evening and proceeded to go through 60 detailed and pointed questions
(academic and football knowledge questions )with my son. All very detailed. ALL of Coach Stitts recruits go through this process. I was absolutely blown away at coach Stitts recruiting process!!!! The time and effort he put into my son. I repeat NOT ONE of the other coaches did this!!
So we set up a visit. My sons final of the 5 visits. My son picked Montana over New Mexico because he LIKED what coach Stitt offered) Upon arrival we were absolutely BLOWN AWAY at coach Stitt and his staffs professionalism. Their attention to detail was like no other visit we had!! And, to walk through that tunnel at field field level was a rush for us like NO OTHER!!!
That day is what sold my son on Montana and we feel truly blessed!!!

With that said. This program as storied as it is, will take time and patience to get back to the top. We live in this instant gratification time where we forget what patience means??????

I'm a football man. I'm a die hard Fan of the Oakland Raiders and CU Buffs. TRUST ME!!! it will happen!!!
Mike McIntyre was not able to do what he did with the proper time and patience. HE NEEDED THE BOYS HE RECRUITED TO BLOSSOM!!!! NOW LOOK!!!

My Raiders that's a different story. They just taught me patience. LOL

Bob Stitt is a solidified professional who has yet to make his mark. I know last year at the end was brutal!!! And I understand the lack of Patience some of you have, Your fans for Gods sake!!! You want your team back on top!!!

After sitting in this mans office and hearing his overall plan with my own ears. My son is part of this plan as are so many of his 2016 recruits and beyond!!! You have some BAD ASS kids coming in that you have no clue about...

Give this man a chance!!! Especially the Poster 75 lol.

YOUR IN GOOD HANDS GRIZ NATION!!!!

PATIENCE...

F the CATS!!

Love Missoula and love the GRIZ!

Joking aside on the intro this is an awesome post, thank you for sharing! Patience is hard thing for some of Griz Nation and this board does allow a few of our most extreme fans to vent. I think most all want the best, they want the Griz to win and they want the kids to succeed in school and in life.

Go Griz!

You had me at "F the CATS!!". :)

I have some internal knowledge of the coaching staff and I have been well aware of Stitt's plan since the beginning. I am on board with him and I have extremely high expectations. Until the last 6 weeks of last season, I thought we were headed there already. Then the ending crash and confusion. Thanks for the perspective and the reminder about patience!! I still believe in Stitt, but would love to know what happened at the end of the season.

Great post! I don't think there's any doubt that Coach Stitt and his staff are very good recruiters who genuinely care about their recruits and doing everything they can to ensure that all Griz players are (i) good young men, (ii) good students, and (iii) good football players. There has been dramatic improvement in all three phases under Coach Stitt. Thanks for the post!

Stitt wants guys who believe they can learn it all. He can handle the horsesh*t spewed by certain posters here that are sure they know it all. And as to Dad's post, this recruiting happened when Stitt's team was going to the playoffs and kicked MSU's and EWU's butts, and not a single word from Dad about how Stitt dissed those teams' records to land his son. It was all about his son, and Stitt's vision. Imagine that.

Thanks, PlayerDad, for your refreshing perspective. Coach Stitt is recruiting coachable student athletes with strong character who care about each other and are committed to getting Grizzlies football back on top. Your son is in good hands. Thanks for entrusting him to the University of Montana.

Between this post, and a couple others who have come out as family and parents of players, the outlook sounds positive....from both the kids and the parents. I also follow twitter quite a bit and there are a lot of positive posts around Griz football, the upcoming season, and general excitement from the current players. I'll believe these directly from the sources as opposed to the hear say or issues that get created from posters who are taking some wild guesses. 75, you claim to be a huge proponent of the kids and get absolutely disgusted when any of the kids supposedly get dissed. Well you just got dissed by a player's parent. That should tell you a lot.

Thanks for the post and perspective. Judging by your name, we must be related. Care to take a shot of posting in the What Went Wrong thread? The last half, and last 2 games, of last season have shaken a lot of Griz fans, and caused a lot to lose confidence. I still can't believe that happened. I don't get it.

PlayerRep said:
Thanks for the post and perspective. Judging by your name, we must be related. Care to take a shot of posting in the What Went Wrong thread? The last half, and last 2 games, of last season have shaken a lot of Griz fans, and caused a lot to lose confidence. I still can't believe that happened. I don't get it.

Quicksand.

hqdefault.jpg

Interesting. One thing I did NOT say is that Stitt is not a "good recruiter." I am looking at results. And no, the record this past season is not good. Anyone who believes that does not affect "recruiting" is welcome to believe it.

I too enjoy seeing parents and players look approvingly at UM as a school and a place to play high quality sports, get great educations, and build quality young lives and characters and know how to win!

Some of us want to keep it that way.

HookedonGriz said:
75, you claim to be a huge proponent of the kids and get absolutely disgusted when any of the kids supposedly get dissed. Well you just got dissed by a player's parent. That should tell you a lot.
Hasn't played a game yet? Tells me what? I hope every parent is extremely proud of their kid attending UM and playing here. I also want them to stay that way and that one too.

Welcome to Griz Nation PlayerDad, and welcome to your son! I certainly hope that your family's experience here will be one of the best experiences of your lives!
While I am glad to hear about your initial introduction to Grizzly football I would point out that this is not a patient fan base, and since the 1980's has never been. However it is a very passionate fan base and was even before its impatience! It is also for the most part a very knowledgeable fan base.
When taken together these qualities represent the best that college football has to offer. Once a Griz, always a Griz!!

While we may vehemently disagree with one another, with the coaching staff, with occasional play on the field or with the University Administration and the Board of Regents, (sometimes that vehemance gets nasty), it is all done with one goal in mind. To improve the community that is the University of Montana and Griz Nation!

Again, welcome and thank you for trusting your son's future to this passionate community.

Back