• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wa-Griz #65 best venue of 2016 (#9 in NCAA)

We do have something special here in Missoula. What a great list to be on.
I like that they didn't just consider the inside the stadium portion. The entire experience was considered, such as the tailgating etc. They also seemed to consider bang for your buck. IE I watched Seahawks at Baltimore last year and the inside stadium part was just average to me, but the tailgating was the best I have ever experienced in professional sports anywhere and the game day tickets were cheap - especially compared to Seattle.

NativeGriz said:
I like that they didn't just consider the inside the stadium portion. The entire experience was considered, such as the tailgating etc. They also seemed to consider bang for your buck. IE I watched Seahawks at Baltimore last year and the inside stadium part was just average to me, but the tailgating was the best I have ever experienced in professional sports anywhere and the game day tickets were cheap - especially compared to Seattle.

What did you think of the neighborhood around the stadium? I once was there and had a few too many drinks and went for a walk. I got pretty nervous really quick. Had a cop actually pull up and inform me I would probably want to turn around as I wasn't in the safest part of town.

When I originally saw this, I thought it was talking about college football only. Then I thought it was talking about just football stadiums.

But holy shit.
#9 in all of college football?!
#12 in ALL OF FOOTBALL?!?!
That's incredible.

BDizzle said:
NativeGriz said:

What did you think of the neighborhood around the stadium? I once was there and had a few too many drinks and went for a walk. I got pretty nervous really quick. Had a cop actually pull up and inform me I would probably want to turn around as I wasn't in the safest part of town.
I could see it being shady depending on the side of the stadium and time of day. We drove into a total Raven fan parking lot and were treated really well. There was music, games, dancing etc. We met people that didnt have tix to the game, just there for tailgate. I was given more free shots than I should have accepted while wearing my Seahawks shirt and that was after the game. I was blown away by some of the buffets some of these people had. The only place I like better is tailgating on the boats east of Husky Stadium due more to atmosphere.

Back