• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU loses entire offensive coaching staff

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Except one.....their OL coach, Best. But Baldwin gone, their WR coach going with him, their OC went FBS a couple weeks ago, and their RB coach going FBS, too. Great moves for all these guys. What it does to EWU will be interesting. May hurt....may not. Guessing it will hurt a bit.

firmgriz said:
EWU will leave Missoula with a loss in 2017. Griz are trending up and EWU is trending down.

Maybe, but Eastern's offense is still going to light up the scoreboard regardless who the coach is, and Eastern could bring in a defensive minded head coach which could really change the game at Eastern...

marceagfan5 said:
firmgriz said:
EWU will leave Missoula with a loss in 2017. Griz are trending up and EWU is trending down.

Maybe, but Eastern's offense is still going to light up the scoreboard regardless who the coach is, and Eastern could bring in a defensive minded head coach which could really change the game at Eastern...

I appreciate your talent and your history, but this kind of exodus is hard to deal with. If it's an internal hire that guy will have to basically replace the entire offensive staff and no matter how successful a team has historically been, play callers and a head coach have a lot of influence in success. If it's external, anybody's guess.

marceagfan5 said:
firmgriz said:

And you think all that happens magically in year one?

AZGrizFan said:
marceagfan5 said:
firmgriz said:

Eastern still returns 8 starters on Offense and almost their entire Defense (which was much better last year). On top of that, A couple sites have EWU ranked with the #1 FCS recruiting class to date...the coaching staff may change, but the talent EWU has on the roster is as good as its ever been...

grizd said:
marceagfan5 said:
firmgriz said:

I appreciate your talent and your history, but this kind of exodus is hard to deal with. If it's an internal hire that guy will have to basically replace the entire offensive staff and no matter how successful a team has historically been, play callers and a head coach have a lot of influence in success. If it's external, anybody's guess.

Eastern will most likely stay within the family for their new coach, and yes, replacing coaches will be tough, but the cupboard of talent is full and will make the transition much easier...

marceagfan5 said:
AZGrizFan said:
marceagfan5 said:
firmgriz said:

Eastern still returns 8 starters on Offense and almost their entire Defense (which was much better last year). On top of that, Hero sports has EWU ranked with the #1 FCS recruiting class to date...the coaching staff may change, but the talent EWU has on the roster is as good as its ever been...
The article I read says #1 in the BSC, but 4th overall behind Harvard, Yale and NDSU.

grizfnz said:
marceagfan5 said:
AZGrizFan said:
marceagfan5 said:

Eastern still returns 8 starters on Offense and almost their entire Defense (which was much better last year). On top of that, Hero sports has EWU ranked with the #1 FCS recruiting class to date...the coaching staff may change, but the talent EWU has on the roster is as good as its ever been...
The article I read says #1 in the BSC, but 4th overall behind Harvard, Yale and NDSU.

Actually you are right, NDSU is barely ahead of EWU on 247 (they must have just updated as EWU was just ahead days ago), I didn't really consider Harvard and Yale since they don't compete in the playoffs.

marceagfan5 said:
grizfnz said:
marceagfan5 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Actually you are right, NDSU is barely ahead of EWU on 247 (they must have just updated as EWU was just ahead days ago), I didn't really consider Harvard and Yale since they don't compete in the playoffs.

Take those rankings with a grain of salt. It says Montana has just 7 guys committed

firmgriz said:

Uh, what? That's quite a claim. Maybe you guys can crack into the top half of the Big Sky next year, that would be a considerable uptick for the grizz.

The butt hurt on this thread nourishes me.

FormerEag said:
firmgriz said:

Uh, what? That's quite a claim. Maybe you guys can crack into the top half of the Big Sky next year, that would be a considerable uptick for the grizz.

The butt hurt on this thread nourishes me.

The way the griz ended their season points to an upward trend? I guess the EAGS playing in the semis equates to a downward trend. Griz logic at it's best.

Back