• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

three things to complete this class

krammer

imo , one big time c/b, one big time r/b, one more big time o/l......give them all full rides and i'll take the rest of our class we already have and be happy, happy,happy.....what say you ?

I'd say the RB part is going to be tough now. The other two, I expect to happen, though I think the corner will be a summer dropdown. I think the Griz land two more HS OL though.

I agree those 3 would be great....some how, some way. Swing and miss on all 3 and class really falls as a whole

Reverse order of need
3.RB- needs to be able to catch the rock
2.OL - big and strong
1. CB - shutdown CB's are not easy to find at any level - in BSC- they are a huge advantage. I will always be looking for another Tru. The stuff that dreams are made of.

Every year (just about) UM gets atleast one or two surprises the last few days of the recruiting period... it's been relatively quiet the last few days, makes me think there is something brewing....

I am hoping for a Sweet, Greene, Bugg, Pool, Range and 2 surprises.

But who knows...

Paytonlives said:
Every year (just about) UM gets atleast one or two surprises the last few days of the recruiting period... it's been relatively quiet the last few days, makes me think there is something brewing....

But who knows...

I like the way you think/hope!

A couple linemen and 2 corners. Contingency is the name of the game at those positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am optimistic about our running backs. I dont follow our roster and recruiting too closely but I think all Calhoun needs is more opportunity i.e. carries and a little more Oline improvement and he could be a top notch FCS running back. Cant wait to see what Rey Green and Martinez can do. You look at the years when our running game was great we didnt platoon at RB and instead rode one back heavily- Reynolds, Humphery, Hilliard and probably others. Do you all really feel that if we dont pick up another highly touted RB this class that we are in trouble at this position?

cmtgrizzly said:
I am optimistic about our running backs. I dont follow our roster and recruiting too closely but I think all Calhoun needs is more opportunity i.e. carries and a little more Oline improvement and he could be a top notch FCS running back. Cant wait to see what Rey Green and Martinez can do. You look at the years when our running game was great we didnt platoon at RB and instead rode one back heavily- Reynolds, Humphery, Hilliard and probably others. Do you all really feel that if we dont pick up another highly touted RB this class that we are in trouble at this position?
Calhoun is the best we have and his concussions have to be a concern.

cmtgrizzly said:

Isn't Martinez gone? Maybe I an confusing him with someone else.

I am hoping for 1 dropdown CB, 1 true FR CB, and 1 additional OL (don't care if he is a drop down or true FR).

cmtgrizzly said:

Cody McCombs is going to press for playing time. Had to redshirt this fall because of transferring in. Him and JLM were tearing it up last Spring.

behappp said:
Paytonlives said:

But who knows...

I like the way you think/hope!

Range is a pipe dream. Really doesn't seem to have MT on his radar much any more and a ton of offers from other schools. Visiting WAZZU this weekend

...with Baldwin and Co..leaving l wonder if we can revisit some of the recruits we lost to them...lets
be honest their program is uncertain and nobody's sure what direction they'll be moving in..might be
a opening there?

Paytonlives said:

But who knows...

payton is right much more than he is wrong,,,,with eastern washinton having their challenges as well....maybe just maybe we could hit the mother load in these last days of recruiting....

dayday said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Cody McCombs is going to press for playing time. Had to redshirt this fall because of transferring in. Him and JLM were tearing it up last Spring.

McCombs was fun to watch in practices. I remember asking Brint who he even was. Honestly, and it is just practice, but he looked like our best back at the time. I think he could be a surprise.

Thanks to all for the info and response. I wondered if Martinez might be gone as I hadnt heard his name in awhile. Calhouns concussions are a concern but if treated properly and he takes advantage of the offseason to fully heal he may be back to baseline by next season and they may not be an issue for him. Maybe a small town MT boy will walk on and take over the position. :thumb:

Back