• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NFLPA - Gustafson

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Did anyone see how Brady played in this game? I just got home and I'm watching the third quarter and Brady's team is up 27 to 0.

I watched the whole game hoping to see him make some nice throws... but I was big-time disappointed. He looked pretty bad, timid, wouldn't step into his throws, was off-target...

Hate to report, if there was any chance of him making an active NFL roster, that hope is totally gone in my mind. He hurt his chances in this all-star game, shouldn't have played, he looked out of place.

Now the St Francis DB/Returner that killed UM in Missoula reportedly stood out in practices, and I saw him pick off two passes in the game. He was the best player in the game, along with the RB from Virginia.

One more thing, during the game they said that Gus's team OC said, before the game, that he "Wished Brady would just cut it loose." That he thinks about it too much, instead of letting the game come to him, which leads to slow play.

Ursus1 said:
File under I told you so...he isn't NFL material

Give me a break :roll: Other than a couple random publications and one or two e-grizzers i don't know a single person who thought Brady was NFL material at ANY point. Whatever floats your boat though.

Missed his first series, but saw his second series when he came in due to another QB getting injured. Announcer said that "he's having trouble throwing the ball today". On 3rd and 11, Kitna called a running play...

Brady is a talented QB and a great guy, no doubt, but I do think we'll see improvement at the position next year :thumb:

I don't mean this to be snarky but those of you who initially promoted the idea that BG was NFL material, or those of you who still do, should take a step back. Unless you wish the young man lasting concussions for the rest of his life you should consider the situation of him facing NFL type defensive linemen and especially NFL linebackers. Look at Brock Osweiler's year at Houston and consider that he is a lot (maybe somewhat) more mobile that BG. Yes, it would be nice if BG could get 17 million a year and move back to Flathead Lake for a permanent retirement after a couple of years but that isn't going to happen. He did the best he could, with the talent he and the team had, but that is where it ends.

sdk.catfish said:
I don't mean this to be snarky but those of you who initially promoted the idea that BG was NFL material, or those of you who still do, should take a step back. Unless you wish the young man lasting concussions for the rest of his life you should consider the situation of him facing NFL type defensive linemen and especially NFL linebackers. Look at Brock Osweiler's year at Houston and consider that he is a lot (maybe somewhat) more mobile that BG. Yes, it would be nice if BG could get 17 million a year and move back to Flathead Lake for a permanent retirement after a couple of years but that isn't going to happen. He did the best he could, with the talent he and the team had, but that is where it ends.

Oh stop making sense already. This common sense talk of yours will not do on this board Mr.

grizaremoregooder said:
Gus had his moments last season but by the end of the season Chalich was the better play. I'm not surprised he struggled in this game.
The BG moments came against the weak teams. There were very few moments against the better teams. Once scouted, he was not hard to beat.

kemajic said:
grizaremoregooder said:
Gus had his moments last season but by the end of the season Chalich was the better play. I'm not surprised he struggled in this game.
The BG moments came against the weak teams. There were very few moments against the better teams. Once scouted, he was not hard to beat.
The lack of a running game did not help him at all. Defenses could drop 6 or 7 guys into coverage and still stop the run. It is hard to throw down field when the outside receivers are doubled. Gus has no mobility and couldn't evade any pass rush or make plays with his feet. The receivers last season were green and dropped a lot of balls in key situations which did not help either. Gus was not the most accurate passer at times and sailed a ton of balls. He was wildly average at the quarterback position but didn't have a lot of help last year because the running game, wide receivers, and O-line a were also very average.

Did any other FCS players play? How did they do? I know the CB stomach St. Francis was mention.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Interestingly enough when talking to a few former Griz (and a few parents of those former Griz) who did these types of games the practices and the daily drills are really what the scouts looked at more heavily. Hopefully Brady showed some good stuff there.

Obviously a bummer he didn't do much and didn't do well with his limited time in the actual game. I know some posters on here seem to take enjoyment out of bashing the guy and hoping he doesn't do well, which seems kind of odd to me. I'm cheering for him and wishing for the best.

Craig Haley wrote a pretty good article on Brady, don't think I've seen anyone post it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nflpa-game-gustafson-forging-own-identity-151034470--ncaaf.html

The sixth annual all-star game will conclude a week's worth of practices, meetings between players and NFL teams, and sessions from the NFLPA on playing at the next level.

"Truly, truly an honor," Gustafson said. "When you're a little kid, you always dream about playing in the NFL. For me, it was the same way. And to now be in a position to potentially make that happen, it's certainly very, very exciting. It's a very exciting time in my life. You almost have to take a step back and try to enjoy it. But also at the same time, you're keeping your head down, you 're working hard."

Gustafson is under the tutelage of National team coach Mike Martz, the former Super Bowl-winning coach of the St. Louis Rams, as well as quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna

During his training for the NFL Draft from April 27-29 in - you guessed it, Carson Wentz - Philadelphia, Gustafson said, "I'm just trying to understand more about trajectory, flight path-type stuff of the ball. And also then what marries up with that is how to control your body, how to play the position balanced, be an athlete. All those different things - kind of just break those things down, try to look at how the game is played at the next level."

Back