• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Messingham to Bison?

HookedonGriz

DONOR
My buddies in Fargo are saying the bison hired MSU's Offensive Coordinator, Courtney Messingham. The bison OC just got hired at Iowa

Griz til I die said:
This is a good thing right? Messingham seemed like a good coach.

Hard to say. Their O was so different this year compared to last. They tried to control the clock and become a run-first team. It wasn't working great early and fans in bozeman wanted him fired....literally. Then he seemed to figure things out a bit more with that QB speedster Murray and they adapted and looked much better toward the end of the season. So early on, the fans couldn't stand him and his play calling. Later when they beat the Griz and competed, they seemed very happy with him.

From MSU fan perspective, I think the jury was still out on Messingham. Other than Prukop (that's a pretty big "other than"), he pretty much had everyone back from the previous years team that rewrote the MSU record book on offense. Additionally, he wasn't held in the highest regard at his previous stops.

That said, he thought he had FBS QB (Brugman) coming in and based the offensive playbook around his arm. Brugman was a disaster (some fans think some of that should be contributed to poor QB coaching), and they handed the offense over to a 17 year old run first QB in Murray.

In Murray's early starts you could tell he was running plays that were designed for Bruggman. That didn't go so well, but it seemed as they year went on Messingham was able to successfully install a game plan more suited to Murray's running strengths.

So, I would say the overall response from MSU's fans regarding Messingham's departure, is about the same as the response when he was announced as OC..... "Meh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

#wedidntwanthimanyway

A good coach is a good coach. Armstrong did an excellent job calling the plays and at head coach at Rocky. Coaching at that level you are working with kids that are not as skilled. He got the best out of them.

:party: :party:
bigsky33 said:
A good coach is a good coach. Armstrong did an excellent job calling the plays and at head coach at Rocky. Coaching at that level you are working with kids that are not as skilled. He got the best out of them.

:party: :party: :party:

msu will have the pitchforks out by game 4

Paytonlives said:
:party: :party:
bigsky33 said:

:party: :party: :party:

msu will have the pitchforks out by game 4

Maybe

Did Armstrong call plays at Rocky?

I had 3 VERY close friends play football at rocky during the Armstrong years.....and from what I've heard I think things just got easier for our defense.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigsky33 said:

You just copied and pasted that from what Stitt supporters(I'm still one of em) have been sayin here. That's plagiarism.

brewskis said:
Did Armstrong call plays at Rocky?

I had 3 VERY close friends play football at rocky during the Armstrong years.....and from what I've heard I think things just got easier for our defense.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They weren't easy last year when the Griz played MSU? Huh.

Back