• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Teaching Clinics For OC, DC, STC-Haslam Requirement

Spanky

It appears that Stitt and his assistants have been successful recruiting for two years. Their efforts seem to be consistent with many other teams in the Big Sky Conference over the same period. Now What? Do they have the knowledge to teach young student athletes the basics of the game in Offense, Defense and Special Teams? A considerable amount of money has been spent for recruiting and scholarships, thus, our coaches need to be prepared to properly teach the basics in every category. Our AD, Haslam should make arrangements to have our Coordinators of Offense, Defense and Special Teams each attend Clinics/Seminars of teaching football basics so they are able to properly instruct our student athletes before Spring Football begins.

Which "basics" are they currently not being taught, Spanky and Our Gang? Serious question, as I'm not a Griz "insider."

I think most/many coaches attend or host coaching seminars in the off-season, so there's a good chance the essence of the OP is happening.

Now, to get more specific...I'd like to see our ST Coach go spend some time with Frank Beamer or someone else who seems to master STs. The Griz need a big bump in the performance of this unit.

Stitt was just at some big coaches clinic but he was onstage doing the talking so maybe people are learning from him?

SoldierGriz said:
I think most/many coaches attend or host coaching seminars in the off-season, so there's a good chance the essence of the OP is happening.

Now, to get more specific...I'd like to see our ST Coach go spend some time with Frank Beamer or someone else who seems to master STs. The Griz need a big bump in the performance of this unit.

+1 :thumb:

i like it!! and then before recess they have to report to Kent on 3 important things they learned that morning... brilliant!!

HookedonGriz said:
Stitt was just at some big coaches clinic but he was onstage doing the talking so maybe people are learning from him?
Exactly. Many on this board would be surprised to find that he is an invited presenter at these clinics every year...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SoldierGriz said:
... I'd like to see our ST Coach go spend some time with Frank Beamer or someone else who seems to master STs. The Griz need a big bump in the performance of this unit.
Amen! How about BH doing a seminar/class/clinic for UM ST coaches?

Well, Ursa, Bobby Hauck is one of the best coaches in UM history and is certainly qualified to give a clinic on ST coaching.

I asked this over on BN a few weeks ago. I assume coaches do a good bit of professional development during the off season. What fbs program(s) would you send your offensive and defensive staffs to increase their coaching knowledge and capacity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spanky said:
Nor am I All Weather. Have you watched them play?

Sometimes they're not instructed properly. Sometimes they don't do what they're taught. Sometimes posters talk out of their ass.

And sometimes there are those that will make excuses for coaches that don't have the knowledge to teach the basics of the game.

Back