• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Liberty to announce FBS move

MrTitleist

Staff member
[tweet]https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/832334791777337344[/tweet]

And a fun follow-up from that..
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/832335404099530752[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MattSBN/status/832336391132610561[/tweet]

And they have the perfect AD in place to set up a sustained culture for a pure private christian school sexual assault factory....good for them!

Wyoming people are positive! This is a positive move by Liberty!!
Back at the ranch, we get to play Northern Colorado.

AZGrizFan said:
I thought you had to have a conference invite to move up these days?
I did too, but apparently not.

The discussion I found speculated that Liberty would be invited into the Sun Belt Conference to (essentially) replace Idaho when UI goes FCS.

IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I thought you had to have a conference invite to move up these days?
I did too, but apparently not.

The discussion I found speculated that Liberty would be invited into the Sun Belt Conference to (essentially) replace Idaho when UI goes FCS.

Yes, this is the plan.

It's a good move by Liberty. They'll play a bunch of money games as an independent transitional, get their asses wiped, and then be fully ready to go with a stocked bank account when they get to the SBC.

Meanwhile, we continue to play noco and participate in a basketball league with 5 teams with RPIs over 300, and a staggering 3 under 332.

This can cause the forbidden gates of FBS to be open. The NCAA declared that their own Bylaw requiring an FBS conference to invite an FCS school for that school to become FBS is null and void.

Liberty has an FBS compatitable stadium and athletic program. The NCAA would have lost a suit so they threw the doors open to FBS. Teams like Stony Brook, JMU, Delaware, Albany, Youngstown St, Jacksonville St, Missouri St and others will see this as their opportunity too. Soon, Montana won't stay in an OVC type FCS. Idaho will back out of their plan to go FCS. The upper crust of the Big Sky will jump to the WAC and the WAC's small fry will switch to the Big Sky.

FCS teams will be swarming to FBS soon.

Before y'all get too excited, remember that Liberty has a bottomless pool of money. They see themselves as a Notre Dame or BYU-guaranteed religious fan base with high ceiling national TV audience. That is why the waiver was granted. They can't run out of money.

IdaGriz01 said:
Brief STATS.com item: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20170216165745597425404

No much that's really new, but some decent quotes. I assume that, at some point, they will further expand their stadium.

Seems to me, the move is going to leave the Big South even more of a weak sister than it has been.

North Alabama announced earlier they were joining the Big South from Div. 2. Many have said it was a long overdue move up by them.

UNDfan said:
This can cause the forbidden gates of FBS to be open. The NCAA declared that their own Bylaw requiring an FBS conference to invite an FCS school for that school to become FBS is null and void.

Liberty has an FBS compatitable stadium and athletic program. The NCAA would have lost a suit so they threw the doors open to FBS. Teams like Stony Brook, JMU, Delaware, Albany, Youngstown St, Jacksonville St, Missouri St and others will see this as their opportunity too. Soon, Montana won't stay in an OVC type FCS. Idaho will back out of their plan to go FCS. The upper crust of the Big Sky will jump to the WAC and the WAC's small fry will switch to the Big Sky.

FCS teams will be swarming to FBS soon.
Really? When was the last WAC football game?

BWahlberg said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Liberty has cancelled contract with Montana.

Any word/idea if there was a buyout clause to that agreement?

I believe I read that there was no buyout as the verbiage stated if a change was made due to a move up to FBS, the contract could be cancelled.

HookedonGriz said:
BWahlberg said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Liberty has cancelled contract with Montana.

Any word/idea if there was a buyout clause to that agreement?

I believe I read that there was no buyout as the verbiage stated if a change was made due to a move up to FBS, the contract could be cancelled.

That is correct.

Back